cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having issues like floating hands, especially when turning towards rear sensor. Also small jumps when turning 180 (sensor hand off?). Turning slow seems to cause both hands to lose tracking for a moment.

3 sensor setup.

AlehandoroVR
Protege
I also have the problem of height when you play for a while, or you get very big and you do not get to the ground, or you become very small and you cross the ground.

I have sent all of this to oculus support via the web.

Anonymous
Not applicable
3 sensor setup here. Generally working well, with a few minor glitches. I am experiencing the height drift, however. Easy to mitigate, but should still be fixed. Logs attached.

jsdeprey
Explorer
Just as a FYI, I had major issues before the patch and now everything seems totally fixed, except for the issue where you start getting taller or floating or whatever it is. It is possible I have some smaller controller issues but if I do they are so small next to the issues I was having before I do not notice them.

TaylorArtis
Honored Guest
Same issues as above, floating hands, jitter, jumping, and HMD swaying since update 1.11 😞

Songbearer
Honored Guest
Initially the patch seemed to improve tracking, but now I'm experiencing the height issues and severe tracking loss, even when the sensor can clearly see me. 2 sensor setup, previously had fairly reliable 360 tracking.

MiddleMan82
Protege
I spent the last 2 months playing with all parts of my setup to get it to a point where I only had minor tracking problems (I had many problems before that). Now after the update, which was meant to fix my problems, it adds a meter to my height after about half an hour of gameplay. I've also had the contoller spining around which it's never done before (I don't think that will be in the logs though). I am now really regretting selling my Vive and putting faith in Oculus. It wouldn't be so bad if they would just communicate with us more. For all we know we may have to wait now for the February update, which could well be released in March, and since we can't roll back the version we are now stuck with it. This sucks, and Oculus really need to sort this mess out soon.

jjcuff1
Honored Guest
Updated on 2/4 Saturday to 1.11. Never had any issues for months with rift,updates and my 1070. I play the same few games, dirt rally and project cars. Now after update all games randomly crash oculus back to windows. It is not my PC but I tried no overclock on cards and PC and still crashes. Game freezes in game then rift shuts down and oculus closes and I can use windows fine and load game again. I get a D3D pop error and usually have to force close the oculus public utlity x64 server .

thatdude90210
Protege
Here's mine. On the night of Feb 3rd, I had two instances where I was basically thrown out of guardian and my play space during a game of Arizona Sunshine. I'm outside looking at guardian like it's a box in front of me. Got back to Oculus home and I'm still outside, actually outside of the carpet area of Home. Plus I'm way higher than I'm supposed to be. I got the log files on Feb 4th after I submitted a support ticket. They asked for it and it sent it.

I have a 3 sensor setup that I had no real issues with when I was on 1.10.

Arcas
Honored Guest
Here's what's going on with my setup - my configuration matches the 3 sensor positions recommended in this blog post, but 7 ft apart:
  • Frequent minor hand stuttering when moving around in 360 - easily noticeable while pointing outwards and turning in a circle
  • Intermittent major hand jumps - characterized by sudden shifts of more than 4 inches before "rubber-banding" back into position
  • Intermittent hand floating - where the right or left hand begins to float away or hang behind before snapping back into position
  • Gradual change in floor level - after several of the other jumps and stutters, the floor will be off by anywhere from a couple inches to a foot
  • Unstable camera position - the three sensors will shift around frequently while configuring Guardian and in applications like "DeskScene." However, I've never had the Guardian system shift an appreciable amount. 
While minor hand stutters were somewhat common in 1.10, they were mild enough that it wasn't an issue. Now, with the more frequent stuttering plus everything else, it's very difficult for me to use in 1.11. I've been wanting to show the best of VR and the Rift to more people, but I can't reliably do that in its current state.