cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

Hyperfool
Honored Guest
System Setup:
4 Oculus Sensors
2 Touch Controllers
1 HMD
1 1080p monitor
Asus Z97 pro - Wifi Motherboard
16GB DDR3 RAM
1080 graphics card
intel i7 4790k CPU
Orico USB card 3.1 (2 port) - PCIe
Inateck USB card (4port) (windows driver) - PCIe
Corsair USB 3.0 RGB Keyboard (2 USB connections) - on mobo
Razer Deathadder Mouse - on mobo

Sensor Setup (4 corners of room):
1 Direct connection to Mobo
1 USB 3 extension connection to Mobo
1 USB 3 extension connection to Orico card
1 USB 3 extension connection to Orico card

HMD Setup:
1 direct usb 3.0 connection to Inateck Card
HDMI plugged into DVI port of Gtx1080 Via HDMI to DVI adapter

Background programs running:
Razer Synapse
Corsair Utility Engine
Nvidia Geforce Experience
AVG anti virus
Bluetooth services

Oculus Home Version 1.11

Symptoms:
Touch controllers / hand jumping.
Stuttering hands after HMD is removed and then put back on.

Cavendish
Explorer
Hey! Devs I think you should check out this guy's post on r/oculus. He found that covering some of the LEDs on the HMD and Touch solved the issues. Maybe the frequency is off on these LEDs

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5sg8az/fix_temporarily_oculus_111_tracking_problem/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Four sensors, not getting the height glitch, but noticing heavy hand stutters, to the point of non-usability. More prominent in left hand.

TheVrViking_
Honored Guest
Here are my logs, using 3 sensors. I get Rift jitters and hand displacement even just in Home. Playing anything is basically impossible. The tracking was overall fine as of Saturday Feb. 4th, the last time I used my Rift until tonight. I've tried with 2 sensors as well and get similar issues.

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer
Issues I am having

* after 15+ minutes of touch play I gradually sink into the ground
* hand tracking is jittery when it appears to 'handoff' to another sensor
* 3 and 4 sensor setups are both worse than before (logs only contain 3 sensor setup)

Aside from the 'handoff' issue the previous patch 1.10 worked quite well with 3 and 4 sensors.

will84
Expert Protege
Logs sent direct to support;

Been reported for the last 2 months height glitch, hand stutters, constellation's moving completely unusable for me the last 2 months. The fix unbelievably made things worse which took some doing. Well done!!!

https://twitter.com/natemitchell/status/828724496806793216

occasional, understatement of the year

how about an apology?

thatdude90210
Protege
My log was posted earlier, but here's something interesting. Support suggested I try using 2 sensors instead of 3. My issue was the growing height bug, & being thrown out of guardian bug. So far, about an hour of Space pirate trainer + Eleven table tennis, & Arizona Sunshine, I've not seen either of those bugs. Obviously it's not a solution, but it's a data point.

Oculus12222
Protege
I posted this in a different thread so i am going to just copy and paste it here as well. 

Hey there!
This last 1.11 update seems to have fixed the sudden change of height I was getting with 2 or more sensors. 

However, it has also started a completely new bug. Now, when I move around in my play space my height SLOWLY increases until 10 minutes later I'm 8 -10 feet tall. I've reset sensors and did a completely new installation of oculus with a full setup.

I hope this one is a quick fix! 

I'll post my logs once I get a chance later.

UPDATE*

I tried 2 and 3 sensor setups with the same results, My height seems to very slowly increase in-game till i am extremely tall or literally in the ceiling depending on what i am playing. I also noticed (by punching my wall a few times) that my guardian walls seems to be moving to the left (facing my front two sensors) into my wall over time. Sometimes it seems like the guardian system moves at the same pace as my height changes. 

Also i noticed that it seems like my cameras still slightly jumped abit while i was in the "set your view in vr" screen during setup.  This SLOW elevation changes make you have to do sensor reset every 15 minutes or so. It did seem to be slower with 2 sensors then with 3, i think it happens when you walk back and forth in your play space. 

Here are my Logs,
Please take a look!

maxx11111
Adventurer
hand jumping in middle of play area, and jumps in image in headset (less frequent).
before the patch was near perfect and only issues were near edge of play area.

MikeMuck
Honored Guest
I had great tracking before update 1.11. Since receiving the latest update, I now have the hand glitch (skips 1-2 inches), and my sensors re-position (move up or down 2-4 inches) whenever I turn 180 degrees.

The issue I am having seems to occur when the tracking switches from the 2 front sensors, to the back sensor.

I have re-run the setup, and I have also re-arranged my sensors, attempting to get better performance (small improvement).

1.10 setup
- 2 front facing sensors, right-side up on the desk, 6 feet apart
- 1 rear sensor, upside down from the ceiling
- good tracking - not perfect, but playable

1.11 setup (same sensor postions as above)
- 2 front facing sensors, right-side up on the desk, 6 feet apart
Issues:
- height changes
- sensors moving when rotating 180
- Touch glitches when rotating 180

1.11 setup (new sensor postions)
- 2 front facing sensors, upside down from the ceiling, 7 feet apart
Issues:
- sensors moving when rotating 180
- Touch glitches when rotating 180
- still having the same issues as above, but it might be slightly better in this new position.
- It is playable, but touch (hand) glitches are annoying.