cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

bosy_princ
Protege
Hello guys. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who are negatively affected by this update. I have 2 sensor front facing setup, one sensor extended with 1.5m USB3 cable - no issues with that. Originaly, I experienced only jumps of Touch when they were switching from being visible by one sensor to being visible by two sensors and back. Almost every tracking/sensor issue I'v heard of is now reality for me:
1) sensors shifting around during guardian setup
2) guardian itself shifting by 50cm and more while in Home or games (not just jup, it stays there)
3) slow height drift (I'm getting taller, now I'm 2.5m) while in Home or games (not just jup, it never stops or resets)
4) jumps, jitter, floating away of Touch controllers
5) is it possible that also HMD tracking is affected by this update? I just have strange nauseating feeling from time to time (like if it is wobbling or delayed a bit) even in Home - I'm not talking about simulation sickness
Nothing except Touch jumps happend to me before the update. I have to re-run setup every 30 minutes to get rid of at least 2) and 3).

Jake762x51
Explorer
Here is my log. The tracking improved a bit but the big issue I've had before still persists, namely that during play session the floor level shifts up or down. Before the 1.11 patch it shifted instantly and by an amount of up to 50cm down or up. Now it slowly creeps up or down and ends up being a incorrect floor height by up to 20cm.

3 Sensor, Rift+Touch Setup

Cavendish
Explorer
Keep growing in height, and any time I turn 180' my controllers tritch or one flies off.

3 sensor setup
2 on USB 3.0 Inatek card front corners upside down
one on USB 2.0 upside down rear right corner

Win 10
i7 4790k
1080GTX

LordGold
Explorer
My height is increasing, have done multiple sensor resets but problem keeps coming back

digitalkibble
Protege
Getting a jerky pop/shift in hand position as I normally interact with Oculus Touch oriented applications.  Hands will violently shift a few inches over and then pop back, almost like the rubberband lag effect seen in massive online games when the server is lagging hard.

Also, getting tracking errors when trying to setup Oculus Guardian; when I try to begin drawing my borders, the first squeeze of the trigger resets me back to the detection/positioning phase of the sensor setup (where it asks you to hold your Touch controller up towards your head and face cameras for detection).  This becomes and endless loop resulting in an inability to draw out a proper Guardian border.

kgian76
Expert Protege
I am not at home right now to get the logs, but I seem to get better hand tracking. I have the height glitching though, which I did not have before the update. Usually I get taller but sometimes I sink in the floor. 

DreadDobby
Honored Guest
Having issues also. When using the Oculus with the three sensor setup I grow in height over time and my entire playspace/guardian box moves backwards. It gets to the point where the centre of of my guardian box is one meter back from where I configured it to be. I then run the reset sensor tracking and it works for a little while but then moves backwards again. :neutral: The touch controllers also jitter about a lot. None of this happened before the last update. 

Aksel3007
Honored Guest
When i turn around, there is often a jarring tracking glitch, and the height seem to change over time.

Cavediver
Protege
I just opened another case with Oculus yesterday.  My three sensor setup was great; I had re-homed the sensors to different USB controllers and life was good... and then the update hit!

I now have the "height problem" and I can't make it more than 20 minutes into the game before I need to stop and reset.  

The initial reply from Oculus was to re-install the Oculus software.  

Cavediver
Protege
This is just such a disappointment, especially the fact that there's no rollback option.  And no solution.