cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

Hnefi
Honored Guest
Three sensor setup, two front and one back in a right-angle triangle setup (roughly). All cameras are wall-mounted and can't possibly move a millimeter, right side up. Worked very well before the update (except the occluded corner, but that's expected) with only minor glitches when handing off between cameras.

After the update, my hands glitch out severely even while remaining stationary in view of all three cameras. A few times every minute, my hands jump away half a metre and then pop back. Sometimes they float away, sometimes they buzz around before snapping back. The system is unusable in this state.

Nothing in my hardware configuration has changed. I've redone the sensor setup with no luck.

BBernes
Protege
Iracing does not work with the new update

Auerc0re
Honored Guest
GetThreadcontext failed when trying to open oculus home 
 i7 6700k 
gtx1080
if i try to resetup the rift the tracking works but as soon as it tries to put a picture on the rift oculus home crashes and i get the fatal error in gc -> getThreadcontext failed message

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Nate Mitchel said:

After reviewing many of the logs sent in by the community, our teams have noticed that many of the new reports seem to be related to one of two issues: too many sensors (4 or more sensors can suffer from USB challenges) and overall sensor positioning (sensors too far apart from each other and/or not enough overlap in field of view).

Well, qualifying 4 sensors as being "too much" will dissapoint a lot of people.
But that cannot be all to the matter:
I use a 3 sensor setup which very closely resembles the Oculus recommendation, exept the sensors all vary a bit in height as I have no easy way to place them all at the same height - however, this setup used to work almost perfectly.

The front USB 3.0 sensors  are about 2m apart, the 3rd sensor (USB2.0) is on the back/right about 2,50m from the front/right sensor and from there is a diagonal of about 3m back to the front/left sensor.
That gives me a fairly small playspace of about 2m x 2,50m. When standing right in the center, sensor distance really should not be an issue.

What I am trying to say is: 3 sensors are not "too much". The playspace is not "too big". The sensors are not "too far" from each other.

Yet there are tracking issues: The hands momentarly and repeatedly jitter when turning. Even when keeping the left hand still in perfect view of the front sensors, just moving the right hand around, both hands jitter at the same time if it happens.
Also there is a height glitch. I noticed height was off by maybe 20cm (too high), so I reset my floor level and when reaching down to the carpet in Oculus Home it felt perfect. After a few minutes in Bullet Train, it was already off by maybe 10cm.

I have no way of doing side by side comparisions of different software versions. But those are the issues everybody is talking about now, and now when looking for them, yes I notice them. And I am on the 1.11 software and didnt notice those issues before.

I would even go as far as to say everybode has them now. Its just those who claim to have perfect tracking didnt look closely or dont care. When only playing front facing games it might be possible to overlook this hand jitter. And without testing the height by "touching" the carpet in Oculus home, I certainly could have overlooked the drift in height.

Likewise it should be easy to reproduce.

Greets!

Edit: Just to clarify. I experience those issues I described but by no means declare it as unusable. I noticed that when I raised the left arm trying to grab one of those rings in the Bullet-Train, hereby raising that touch controller above the field-of-view-limit of the front/left sensor,  it seemed for a short moment like I was pulling down the whole world around me. My height was shifted up and had to reset after again.

I was closer to the front left sensor when I raised my arm. So probably it was first being tracked by both front sensors. I am not sure if I was blocking the rear/right sensor with my body.

When I then raised it, the front / left sensor lost it, but the front / right would still track it and now the rear/right sensor also should pick it up (if it hasn't already done before). Maybe those are such moments where some things become confused and go wrong. Depending on sensor setup that may occur more or less frequently.

However, the previous software seemed to be more robust against these situations as I never observed these issues with the very same sensor setup.

Shadow_Fury
Honored Guest
I started having height and tracking issues after the update. Please revert it or fix it. I was better off with previous update

yi-wizz
Explorer
3-4 sensor tracking worked nearly perfect before with issues that arose but were always resolvable. Rift is unusable at the moment with no way to fix. We need an option to roll back!

AgentTmo
Honored Guest
Since the update, tracking problems, height problems and the guardian system moves the "cell space", thats why i punched a wall today...

definetly no improvement what so ever
please let us roll back or give us another update which fixes this quick

AgentTmo
Honored Guest
Here are my Logs, somehow i couldn't add them at my other post

lamamanx
Explorer
Finally I found where to post logs... after 4+ days of this problem. 
I have talked to a lot of people in Onward who use Oculus and I am yet to find someone who doesn't have this problem. It would be really nice for Oculus to say something on this matter, like we're working on it. It seems very doubtful after 10 - 30 min of playing you won't see the problem. So they should see this problem in house pretty easily. 

TheRoggan
Protege
I also now have the below issues on my 3 sensor setup:
1. Height level changing during use
2. Guardian moving (i have hit a few things already...)
3. Hand stuttering (not very bad but noticable)

It was better in v1.10... :disappointed:

I also lost connection with two of my sensors and then the headset ("HDMI" not connected thought it was), worked after 3 restarts of windows (first more sensors came back then headset)...

For me the height bug is really killing the VR experience now and the guardian moving is very annoying and potentially dangerous, HOTFIX please...