Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here. - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

Comments

• Auerc0reAuerc0re Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Auerc0re said:
    GetThreadcontext failed when trying to open oculus home 
     i7 6700k 
    gtx1080
    if i try to resetup the rift the tracking works but as soon as it tries to put a picture on the rift oculus home crashes and i get the fatal error in gc -> getThreadcontext failed message

okay thats what i got so far:
    it has to be a audio codec problem i changed my codec once for voiceattack i think 
    but right now i reseted all the things you can change with audio codec tweak K-lite but i still no fix 
    since im not a tech pro maybe someone can help me here 
  • chupinsky27chupinsky27 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    3 Sensors...

This has been driving me crazy for the past few days.  I've spent countless hours troubleshooting, skimming through forums, and purchasing an array of new cables.  I've even purchased the Inateck card Oculus recommends... mainly because they added the ASMedia controller to their blacklist which rendered my USB 3.0 ports useless (thanks Oculus).

Symptoms:
    -major and frequent hand jumps.  This pretty much makes it unplayable.  Totally takes you out of the experience.
    -hand drifting.  This was evident in 1.10 but only in the right hand and after prolonged use.
    -head swaying.

I took a look into one of the log files and saw it was full of " tracker jump detected" and "Sensor TrackingChanged."

I hope these logs can help diagnose and find a solution as quickly as possible because right now I feel major buyer's remorse.  I would really like this $1000+ purchase to function like a "consumer" product that it's advertised.
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    I have 2 front facing sensors and I get the height creep up after a few mins of play .

• phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 167
    Art3mis
    My tracking issues video. Detailed description on the video. I put green dots where the cameras are.

I will send my logs directly to Oculus support as there is too much personal information in the logs to post up here.  Oculus guys you can find them on support ticket Request #328312

I'm very hopeful they get these issues sorted as tracking is really really bad.

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
  • GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 440
    Trinity
    So glad it's not only me having these problems...

Oculus Touch, 2-sensor setup
    Win 10
    i7-6700k, GTX 1080

In both 2-sensor front-facing, and 2-sensor 360 experimental (opposing corners placement), the height problem begins to occur within 10-15 mins of gameplay, regardless of the game/application, forcing me to reset sensor tracking every 30-45 mins if I want to feel like I'm not floating above the floor.

This height problem did not occur before this latest update. I do remember having height shifts every now and then, but it was much more infrequent than this bug, and seemed to be easier to fix than a full sensor reset.

Hoping they can send out a hotfix soon for this issue, definitely breaks the whole VR experience. Especially infuriating since this was not happening before the latest patch
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • p-zillap-zilla Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    I've got the following issues since 1.11 and had none of these issues with 1.10.

This is a 3 sensor setup.

1) sensors shifting during setup
    2) guardian rotating
    3) slowly getting taller as I rotate to the back sensor
    4) jumps, jitter, of Touch controllers as rotating.
  • IGameArtIGameArt Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    I am quite upset with this latest update as it has rendered me now unable to even use my rift. I'm on a laptop with a full desktop gtx1070 hooked up to it, I have an i73610QM processor. I have been running oculus apps perfectly fine for the past few months, even at high quality settings. Now with this latest update it wont even connect to the rift, and at the top of the app instead of saying I dont meet the recommended specs, Now it says my device is completely incompatible. What are my options that dont involve me spending hundreds of dollars on a new machine?!
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,414 Valuable Player
    IGameArt said:
    I am quite upset with this latest update as it has rendered me now unable to even use my rift. I'm on a laptop with a full desktop gtx1070 hooked up to it, I have an i73610QM processor. I have been running oculus apps perfectly fine for the past few months, even at high quality settings. Now with this latest update it wont even connect to the rift, and at the top of the app instead of saying I dont meet the recommended specs, Now it says my device is completely incompatible. What are my options that dont involve me spending hundreds of dollars on a new machine?!
    Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:44.237 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Default] [DisplayManager] Reason: VR-compatible GPU not detected, please ensure you meet the recommended specs.
    [Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:46.473 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
    [Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:47.352 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
    [Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:47.619 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
    [Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:47.890 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
    [Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:48.166 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.

Actually I might advise trying to clean out your install and reinstall the software - almost seems like something on your computer might be blocking access or delete something that was important. Possible AV or registry cleaner. Recommend reinstall the software under administrator.
  • phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 167
    Art3mis
    edited February 2017
    Latest test after submitting a bug report (support ref #328312)
    https://vid.me/EF35

Apologies for leaving the cursor in the middle of the screen.

I unplugged all USB devices that were not needed as support requested.
    • XBox One Controller Wireless Dongle
    • Logitech Steering Wheel
    • CH Pro Throttle
    • CH Fighterstick
    I even had a Wifi AP near the right hand sensor which I turned off because I know that the sensors might use 2.4Ghz signals for syncing.

As per last time I wrote the wording on the guardian walls. Then put green dots where the camera sensors are. I had a lot of trouble getting the right green dot in place as there was a lot of glitching as I approached it. I was outside of the guardian space so not overly concerned about that.

The big tracking glitch near the end of the video that I tried to write "Huh?" on with an arrow. It went all glitchy too as I drew the H and the ?

Good times!

I have sent an updated set of logs to support as well as this message.

Edit: Where the worst part is I just thought I would point out this is at waist level height not near the floor as it appears in the video.
    CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
  • VRoaaarVRoaaar Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2017
    Oculus engineers: interesting post in the comments by Doc_Ok here. Please read.
  • ArcasArcas Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Here's what's going on with my setup (my configuration matches the 3 sensor positions recommended in this blog post, but 7 ft apart):
    • Frequent minor hand stuttering when moving around in 360 - easily noticeable while pointing outwards and turning in a circle
    • Intermittent major hand jumps - characterized by sudden shifts of more than 4 inches before "rubber-banding" back into position
    • Intermittent hand floating - where the right or left hand begins to float away or hang behind before snapping back into position
    • Gradual change in floor level - after several of the other jumps and stutters, the floor will be off by anywhere from a couple inches to a foot
    • Unstable camera position - the three sensors will shift around frequently while configuring Guardian and in applications like "DeskScene." However, I've never had the Guardian system shift an appreciable amount. 
    While minor hand stutters were somewhat common in 1.10, they were mild enough that it wasn't an issue. Now, with the more frequent stuttering plus everything else, it's very difficult for me to use in 1.11. I've been wanting to show the best of VR and the Rift to more people, but I can't reliably do that in its current state.
  • maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yesterday I rolled back to 1.10 (had a backup) to check if it was my setup causing issues (3 sensor 3mx2.5m play area) and it was pretty much perfect, only issue in furthest corner from cameras and that was due to occlusion
  • tellmiketellmike Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Sorry, haven't attached any logs but here's a video of my 3 sensor setup. Pretty bad as soon as there's a handover between the cameras:

• Warhead777Warhead777 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Here are my logs from a fresh crash. This release shuts off HDMI input to my PC. Please check my own postings, as well as that of JaggerWolf and others who have responded to my thread that have the exact same issue, who were all previously error free, prior to this release. The Oculus is completely unusable in it's current state. Please allow for us to downgrade our release to the prior one, until you have this issue resolved. 
  • gearwolfgearwolf Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Headset keeps losing tracking.  I get judder on space pirate sim and unspoken.  I will get it too on the grafitti game.  I've updated all drivers and moved them around even to 2.0 ports.  I have tried 3 sensors and then 2 sensors with touch and still is an issue.  I don't see any improvement from version 1.10 to 1.11.

Asus Hero Maximus VIII
    i7 6700K at 4.0ghz
    16gb of RAM
    windows 10 64bits
    samsung solid state

All testing has been done at night with some lights around me on but nothing direct.  The sensors don't give me errors at all.  The headset is the only thing that keeps losing tracking.

• Hornet_F4CHornet_F4C Posts: 214
    Nexus 6
    tellmike said:
    Sorry, haven't attached any logs but here's a video of my 3 sensor setup. Pretty bad as soon as there's a handover between the cameras:

Hi there,

That seems to be the hand jittering that many people are experiencing lately.

What is this camera "hand-off"? Is that a confirmed information about how the Oculus software works or an seemingly educated guess that is floating around and has manifested itself as a fact?

In a sensor fusion concept I dont see one camera have to be the "primary" or a need for any jumpy hand-off between cameras.

Then again, I sure hope the Oculus engineers know way better than me. So we'll see :-)

• whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    Seems I've also got the height problem. I grow in height after I play for a while. :( 
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • tellmiketellmike Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    @Hornet_F4C
    It's an educated guess and observations made during testing. If I approach any of the three cameras then I've observed that they make a sudden shift in height. If I move towards a different camera the shift occurs again. Just like it's a new camera becoming the new "primary".
  • Kano_ConnorKano_Connor Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Hey guys, So yeah I'm having many of the same issues as other people. My main problem is the camera shift when turning towards the rear camera (3 cameras) Very similar to whats happening in the video, although I now have the floating hand which I didn't have before (predominantly right hand) It definitely feels like a camera change/handover problem.

I think that I might have a good point here. I have noticed that many of the people having problems are using an X99 based system! Could the chipset type have something to do with this?

I've already been in contact and given my log files so I wont bother with that... but yeah its extremely frustrating and I've almost got rid of it more than once, but I'm still routing for you guys (only god knows why at this point)
  • maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist

I think that I might have a good point here. I have noticed that many of the people having problems are using an X99 based system! Could the chipset type have something to do with this?
    I'm on z270 and noticed a big difference (worse) in tracking with this patch
    NerveGear
    Yeah I've heard other people taking about z270 problems, but I've also noiced that Z97 users seem to be having the most luck... maybe people could chime in with what chipset their using and the problems they have?
    NerveGear
    3 Sensors...

This has been driving me crazy for the past few days.  I've spent countless hours troubleshooting, skimming through forums, and purchasing an array of new cables.  I've even purchased the Inateck card Oculus recommends... mainly because they added the ASMedia controller to their blacklist which rendered my USB 3.0 ports useless (thanks Oculus).

Symptoms:
    -major and frequent hand jumps.  This pretty much makes it unplayable.  Totally takes you out of the experience.
    -hand drifting.  This was evident in 1.10 but only in the right hand and after prolonged use.
    -head swaying.

I took a look into one of the log files and saw it was full of " tracker jump detected" and "Sensor TrackingChanged."

I hope these logs can help diagnose and find a solution as quickly as possible because right now I feel major buyer's remorse.  I would really like this $1000+ purchase to function like a "consumer" product that it's advertised.
    Wait what? ASMedia has been blacklsted?!
  • Mnem0nicMnem0nic Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    maxx11111 said:

I'm on z270 and noticed a big difference (worse) in tracking with this patch
    I'm using a z97 chipset, but with a "Starteck 4D/C USB3.0" now, All sensors plugged direct into it and still get the same tracking glitch with added height bug!   
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3. Still get all the issues other people are reporting. Height change, tracking jumps when turning around, floating hands. Poor tracking when facing 3rd sensor behind.
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • yi-wizzyi-wizz Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Let us roll back software.......   this is ridiculous
  • The_Furious_ManThe_Furious_Man Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Definitly seems more jittery to me, and I find the hands freezing often (this also happened in 1.10). I've got a 3 camera setup, and have tried adjusting them but no difference. Also, towards the end of my log during The Assembly my whole guardian system shifted to well outside my play area. I could still move around but could see it's outline. This stayed in Home and after a reboot - I had to run the sensor setup again to fix it.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,414 Valuable Player
    I will add - it's starting to get multi page and that isn't a good thing xD Any word on when/idea when a fix will be release?
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    Yeah I've heard other people taking about z270 problems, but I've also noiced that Z97 users seem to be having the most luck... maybe people could chime in with what chipset their using and the problems they have?

I'm running a Z97 but suffering the Height creep.
  • Seraph_BenSeraph_Ben Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Here is one hour of my logs, during which I created a quill scene and did the test shown in this video (the video shows the third of three iterations of the test).
    https://vid.me/9wuV

You can see mostly decent tracking with occasional, but very dramatic, glitches. This happens consistently at similar frequency shown in the video. 

Here's a quick video showing sensor placement (I usually play with the blinds on the window closed when it's bright outside, but have not really tested to see if that matters). 
    https://vid.me/tv2D

Some additional system info included. I have all rift sensors are currently plugged into the mainboard, as that yielded the best results, but also have an inatek card, currently running microsoft drivers. I've done all recommended power management tweaks to usb devices (I used to get random HMD disconnects, but no more). Only one sensor is on an extension cable (the one bundled from oculus). 

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    terrible spacial glitches, both height and position. Guardian glitching about all over the place too, and all i was doing is playing i expect you do die. sat down in the middle of my play space. sensor number 4 disabled (so 3 sensor setup).

This is now not pleasurable to use and is getting ridiculous.

A hotfix should have been rolled out within days (they broke the software!) not almost 2 weeks later with still no update. This is beyond sub par service!
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.