cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tilted view

kingschiebi
Protege
Hi,

I notice that the default view plane within the CV1 is tilted to the left for me, as if there was a sensor reporting gravitational force wrong. The angle seems small, but still noticeable even in the default menu where the horizon line does not match up with the real world horizon.

I looked at some of the logs, but did not find anything indicating an error. Also unplugged the headset, plugged it into different ports on the other GPU, switched USB and reinstalled the software as well as recalibrated it.
Also tried moving the sensor camera around, but that does not seem to impact the horizon line rotation.

Maybe I am going crazy, but I am certain that the tilt was not present after the first setup.
Is there a way to do a full reset of the headset and/or force a firmware update or any other troubleshooting option that I may have missed?

Thanks!
160 REPLIES 160

AGluk86
Honored Guest
I've checked again and it looks like in upside down orientation the tilt still takes place.

redl121
Honored Guest
Just curious. Anyone try putting a something under the sensor to raise it a little? Like if it is tilting to the left, raise the left sensor.

FoggyFreek
Explorer
I have this issue also, a tilt of about 5 degrees to the left, and it's getting really annoying. For me also upside down stays tilted. IMU calibration doesn't have the desired effect, it actually makes it worse :neutral:. Any software fix incoming?

markypea
Explorer
I have noticed that after a while, say fifteen minutes, the tilt is worse. Taking the headset off and putting it back on the tilt lessens. I still have about seven degrees tilt, makes games like Minecraft, that have a lot of horizontal lines almost unplayable as it annoys the heck out of me!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got this issue too.  I'm currently in the support system - we've tried the calibration tool, but that didn't correct this issue which was disappointing as I was sure it would fix it before running it, so I'm waiting to hear what next. Like others have said, the tilt is only a few degrees but it is incredibly distracting in games with a clear horizon or straight lines.  It is impressive how accurate the body's internal sense of "level" is.

elboffor
Consultant
I'm still holding off on sending my rift in for RMA as I'm sure there will be a software fix one day. Also I'm sure the same error would be present on a different unit anyways 
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

markypea
Explorer
I was going to try getting my rift very cold (like put it in the fridge or outside for a bit over Xmas) and then running the calibration tool. As it appeared to me that the lower the starting temperature the lower the less of a tilt I was left with. However the tool no longer successfully completes for me, I get some time period error and it doesn't write the result to the device. So I am stuck now.

jhorikawa
Honored Guest
I'm having this issue in 2017. Is this issue fixed?

Zero_cold
Honored Guest
Having this problem since Aug. Tried imu calibration but it didn't help. Small tilt is still here....

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you still have the problem then have you contacted support about it?