cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just not clear enough

rgovender
Sightseer
Hi all,

Just got my cv1. I've got one major problem. It's not clear enough for me, it feels like everything is a little blurry. I calibrated by looking at the green cross. Should I see solid lines across? I see almost dotted lines I.e. very pixilated. In the Hollodeck tiny town demo, it appears to be out of focus. I kneel in to look but it's not sharp. My eyes start to feel the strain after like 10mins. Please help.
12 REPLIES 12

flexy123
Superstar
No, the cross should not be "solid lines", the pixels you are seeing are what's called "Screen Door Effect". Which, in my opinion, is actually the least problem when it comes to general image quality.

Yes, the picture at times is "somewhat blurry", and there are "god rays" etc.

You cannot compare current HMDs, whether it's the Rift or Vive to normal monitors.
But then you don't use your HMD to work in Excel or write articles in Word.

In most games/apps the drawbacks of current gen HMD displays are tolerable and at times you don't notice it respective you get used to it.

I mean heck yeah, I'd also wish we had super-clear displays and larger FOV (field of view) etc...but this is coming in next or gen afterwards. Companies are working on this right now. As for now, you simply have to live with these drawbacks...or if you decide that it's really not for you then you may want to hold out until the tech has matured more.

inovator
Consultant
I studied all the reviews and my put alot of time on forums before buying. Then u would know what to expect. Some people should only buy from merchants allowing returns like best buy and amazon. Vr though far from perfect I love it so much I would use it even if it was less quality than it now is.

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Sound like over estimate expectations to me. You can improve it with the oculus debug tool, but at the end of the day you have a 1080p screen about 1" from your eyes, It's never going to look amazing. Always surprises me that someone would spend £500 without doing a little research first.

Take it for what it is, play some games and you'll soon forget the screen door effect.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz