New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

Comments

• maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017
    realy need to be able to roll back tried playing tonight and the experience ruinied by jumping controllers, moving boundaries (almost killed my wifes lava lamp really not cool) and height issues.
    yet before the patch it was near perfect, really destroying any faith i have in their choice for tracking.

• SniperBagelSniperBagel Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    - Having tracking issues with slight gittering and every so often the hmd resets (screen goes black very briefly).

- My height adjusts upwards about 5 inches approximately 15-30 minutes into play session.

- Transfer of information between one sensor (in front) to another (behind) causes a slight delay in response time causing it to glitch out. (for example when I turn 180 degrees my controllers snap to a different position). It is VERY noticeable.

I have a three sensor setup wall mounted with two 8 ft high, 3.5 ft apart in front looking down, and one 8 ft high behind looking down as per oculus recommended roomscale setup. I have attached my logs. My third sensor (behind) is plugged into a usb 2.0 slot but it says 3.0 in the logs. Not sure why but power management does not seem to be the issue here. Please fix this. I love your product. Thank you and have a nice day.
  • tellmiketellmike Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2017
    I just tried this and for my 3 sensor setup it gave me much better Touch tracking results: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5tcri2/hmd_rotating_vs_hmd_not_rotating_tracking_results/

Obviously this isn't a fix, it's just a interesting observation that it might be interference between Touch and the HMD that's causing the problems.
  • sw33tp34sw33tp34 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Height Glitch after Guardian was jumping far, twice in a row.  Here's the second more annoying time in game, on stream, and the logs.

Here is some footage of when the Height Glitch started, I could also clip the guardian bounds if you like.

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Is anything being done with these logs?
    Is there going to be a hotfix?
    Are we just expected to have practically unusable equipment for an undetermined date?

These are all fair questions that deserve a well thought out answer.

I know the spokespersons body is ready, but is the companies?

I dont want to start quoting consumer rights or legality just yet , but the clock is ticking before someone starts the ball rolling with a class action suit or some similar kind of action.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • MrDeath_MrDeath_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Every time when i play a game. i seem to grow over time. not just in the game, when i go back into oculus home aswell.

it's a ruining experience. i hope you manage to fix it as soon as possible.
    i did not have this problem before the 1.11 update.

i'm running a 3 ceiling sensor setup.
  • Orbite_1Orbite_1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    If I reinstal win 10 do I have to redonwload my games
  • CJRodgersCJRodgers Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Random jittering, and occasional height drifting (both up and down), and the jittering doesn't appear to be related to the actual position of the controllers relative to the cameras. It's nothing major (aside from occasional drifting when obscuring from most of the sensors) but still something I didn't have in 1.10.

3 sensors, 3 corners of room. All 3 sensors are running on USB 3.0, using active 3.0 repeaters.

Cameras are positioned in a cube 9'8" (2.95 m) deep, 8'6" (2.59 m) wide, and 7'7" (2.31 m) tall (one cam is 6'8" (2.03 m) high but tracks fine).

Actual play area is 6'1" (1.85 m) deep and 7'2" (2.18 m) wide.

Video for in-game demonstration: https://vid.me/sMmT

Video for physical positions: https://vid.me/xS8i

• ChampBarniChampBarni Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    My head mount device will disconnect after ~10 minutes of game play.
    not too how to solve the issues in the event log.

please advise.
  • phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 167
    Art3mis
    edited February 2017

Orbite_1 said:
    If I reinstal win 10 do I have to redonwload my games
    https://support.oculus.com/1715420212071737

I've done this and it works. You do lose some game saves (not all)

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
  • bosy.princbosy.princ Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I give up. I hit a wall with my touch, because the Guardian moved by 1.5m. Not just I have all possible tracking issues I didn't have until 1.11, I experience something that looks like performance issues (stuttering) after longer playtimes - except the Debug Tool shows that everything is ok and FPS are at 90. Maybe the MHD tracking jitters as well?

I use 2 sensor front facing setup. Here is my new log and, please, don't tell me the sensors are too far apart: 1) it worked befor the last update 2) your "favourite setup" shows sensors 12ft away from each other:

• StewpedasoStewpedaso Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    3 camera 360 setup
    near perfect tracking before 1.11 update(occasional right hand stutters)
    After update controllers "twitch" every time i turn 180 and eventually grow in height.
  • FiZiFiZi Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Here are mine.

Playing BAM VR via SteamVR at room scale, lots of turning around and facing towards/away from sensors.

Just did a fresh re-calibration of Oculus Home and StreamVR (had to do this because previous to 1.11 upgrade my Guardian and SteamVR boundary moved forward by 1ft.

3 sensors, two on active USB extensions, mounted 8ft up in the 4 corners of my 10' by 10' office, pointing down at the exact center of the play area (I used a laser pointer to align them).

Hands floating off, height suddenly adjusting up a foot or down a foot and then back to normal. Also had some random jitter near the end of my play session.

Room is dark with indirect lighting from behind my monitor. No ceiling light at the time.
  • TheRogganTheRoggan Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    What is happening with this??? No updates from Oculus on a fix???

If its hard and time consuming to fix, at least revert back to the previous version that was working decently and without height and guardian going all over the place completely screwing up any hope of gaming properly!!

This appears to be affecting everyone with a 3 sensor setup = your most dedicated VR fans...
  • lolwut845lolwut845 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hello,
    I'm also experiencing a drift issue with my tracking. I'm slowly but surely drifting upwards.
    2 sensors configuration, in opposite corners.
    I added my logs, hope it helps to track the issue !
  • WestbrockWestbrock Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2017
    2 Sensor setup, experimental 360 and front facing makes no difference. I´m slowly getting taller and after 5min. it`s impossible to grab things from the floor. Guardian is shifting too.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    We are looking at every one of these log files and will report back once we know more. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • MBchronoMBchrono Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Was playing Mass Exodus and Guardian just dropped about 30 feet below me, as well as the play area.  Glad they are looking into it, but I am dead in the water.  I will say I have had zero issues with Werewolves Within. 
  • maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    We are looking at every one of these log files and will report back once we know more. Thanks.
    in the meantime cant we be allowed to roll back as in its current state it pretty much unuseable. and has been for over a week.
  • Acidhouse88Acidhouse88 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    i Only had minor hand glitches that were so small i hardly noticed them, Now since the patch to 1.1 i have more hand glitches and accuracy is way off when playing shooting games. I also now suffer from 7-8 eight foot tall issue on games which now it has appeared wont seem to clear. I have ran the sensor set up 3 times but still having the issues.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    maxx11111 said:
    in the meantime cant we be allowed to roll back as in its current state it pretty much unuseable. and has been for over a week.
    This
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • thatdude90210thatdude90210 Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    maxx11111 said:
    10 days and counting. Tic toc, tic toc....
  • Mnem0nicMnem0nic Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017
    Yeah,, I've been reading that since Dec 13th lol... My entire post count is because I've been moaning about this sh*t since day 1,, hell I even got to level 2 post count ooooh ahhhh!.. 

Please, just get some engineer in here to tell us what is what,,, Where's John Carmack ? I'm sure he could take a quick look and sort it in less than 24hrs lol, I'm having a hard job believing he even works for Oculus as this is shocking....           
  • MinituMinitu Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017
    I think my tracking has worsened with 1.11.

The logs are just in Home, turning 360 clock wise and anti clock wise with arms semi extended (my space is small)... som hiccups there. 3 sensors. 2 of then inateck usb 3.0 opossed  corners (front and rear), and 3rd one on usb2.0 chipset (front 1m separation from the other front sensor).

Soon upgrading to Ryzen
  • GasketCaseGasketCase Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have been slowly growing since 1.11 released. Two sensor front-facing, working flawlessly before update. This is utterly ridiculous.
  • SparkkoSparkko Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am yet another instance of height and guardian area drifting since the last update. I am running a 2 sensor 360 setup. The hand tracking is smoother with this update but my height will jump up several feet. Sometimes it will fix itself in about 30 seconds but other times I'll have to go in to reset it. Also, my Guardian area will slowly drift away from its original location even though my sensors are mounted and not being moved.

• MortSnortMortSnort Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Never had a problem before most recent patch.  Now tracking jumps around and I'm 15 feet tall.
  • downslayerdownslayer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    I can't even run through the sensor setup anymore. Nothing has changed at all about my setup that worked perfectly as a 4 sensor config in the previous version. I had one sensor that thought I was looking straight ahead and another that thought I was looking 90 degrees to my right in Elite Dangerous. I tried to redo sensor tracking and it keeps saying that one sensor is not tracking properly. I have unplugged and replugged a dozen times. I tried every conceivable port combination. This exact setup was working perfectly in the old version. PLEASE offer us a chance to not install the latest versions when you push such a huge update on us. It has been unusable for weeks.

Edit: I have been reading that 1.12 fixes most people's issues and has completely fixed other people's 4 sensor setups! I am hopeful that the wait will not be much longer.
  • ColorblindmonkColorblindmonk Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    3 sensor setup. I've followed the experimental roomscale guide as closely as possible, after having bought and installed the Startech 4 port card with dedicated controllers per port. Pretty much the same tracking issues as most people here. Height is still bugged, jumpy hands and the sensors and guardian system constantly shift. Way worse than pre-1.11. I've spent a lot of time and money configuring my setup, but I'm out of patience. I'm not moving a thing anymore. If the software can't be fixed in a reasonable time frame, I simply can't justify sticking with the Rift, after spending $1,100+ and winding up with a buggy system.

Oh, and one of the sensor models inside of the end of the setup is now planted right below my feet, as opposed to where it actually is on the top left corner of my room. It's pretty weird.
  • favanightfavanight Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    We all made a mistake: we bought Oculus DK3 instead of CV1 since we are all beta tester!