cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tilted view

kingschiebi
Protege
Hi,

I notice that the default view plane within the CV1 is tilted to the left for me, as if there was a sensor reporting gravitational force wrong. The angle seems small, but still noticeable even in the default menu where the horizon line does not match up with the real world horizon.

I looked at some of the logs, but did not find anything indicating an error. Also unplugged the headset, plugged it into different ports on the other GPU, switched USB and reinstalled the software as well as recalibrated it.
Also tried moving the sensor camera around, but that does not seem to impact the horizon line rotation.

Maybe I am going crazy, but I am certain that the tilt was not present after the first setup.
Is there a way to do a full reset of the headset and/or force a firmware update or any other troubleshooting option that I may have missed?

Thanks!
160 REPLIES 160

Zero_cold
Honored Guest
I did. But instead of help they collecting and checking my personal data... What can I say - Oculus is very strange company and I bet they will face big issues with such approach to their users.

ArmoredRaven
Explorer
I'm facing the same issue and the calibration tool didn't do anything on the first attempt, which took 5-10 minutes.
I'll contact support now.

Scope666
Protege

javiercorre
Honored Guest
I just got my rift today and i have the same issue, after all this months they can't fix this so I'm guessing it's a problem with the hardware, I'm gonna try the imu tool but if it doesn't fix it I'll return it to amazon. Its sad because I love the rift so far but this problem is very annoying.

Scope666
Protege
I'm in the same boat. (Still can return to Amazon) ....  Current Vive owner, but there's a lot of things about the Rift I like better (comfort & controllers for sure)

My plan was to sell the Vive if the Rift worked out, but so far it's iffy at best.

gamefan101
Adventurer
I have said elsewhere that it would be soooo much simpler if we could just have an offset value in
the config file that we could tweak with no "DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK"
warnings, rather than risking a bricked rift!!

Bigtime88
Protege
Had my new replacement Rift delivered yesterday (great Oculus support and quick turnaround). No more intermittent HDMI disconnects which is great, but noticed this tilting down slightly on the left with this one straight away, didn't have this issue on my old one.

Scope666
Protege
I honestly think its a bug in the software.  One test I came up with... go to the screen where you set your IPD, get your head to where the "+" looks perfectly level, and quickly switch back to Oculus Home ... you'll see the horizon is crooked.

YoLolo69
Trustee

I have said elsewhere that it would be soooo much simpler if we could just have an offset value in
the config file that we could tweak with no "DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK"
warnings, rather than risking a bricked rift!!

This is far to be that simple. The calibration tool create an array of tons of value to apply to the shift depending the current temperature of captors inside the Rift. The more the Rift temp raise, the more you need to compensate error coming from captors.

Don't get me wrong : I agree they should work on this as I had the same problem and I used the calibration tool. The situation is far better for me now but I still have a tilt to the left which is annoying when I focus on it. I hope they will find a solution to fix that.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

SteveEsco
Explorer
Seems like everyone is reporting a downward tilt on the left and not the right? Mine tilts down on the left side as well.