cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried every possible 2 sensor setup for my room, i even attached my sensor to ceiling.

i tried repair install, reinstalling oculus drivers, countless re-running sensor setup
I can not get rid of random micro jumps while moving my virtual hands or my virtual hands' sudden detachment from my arm, go somewhere it pleases in close proximity and come back again.

This translates to having a gun in the game switching place to the front of my nose, or some place else while i am pointing it to shoot and come again to its actual place while the monster starts to eat my face.

Hope you figure this out, but i am not optimistic about it..Hope it does not come to selling my Rift 😞

elboffor
Consultant
150 comments and 5 pages deep and still no official response.

My ticket with support has been open for about 2 weeks now and still no resolve in sight.

This is beyond a joke and an absolute disgrace.
I'm on the verge of demanding a refund.

An actual update is required.
Waiting for the same bullshit patch that was already scheduled is not good enough.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Wildt
Consultant
@elboffor - haven't you reddit? Iribe made an AWESOME in-depth post saying perfect tracking is of HIGHEST PRIORITY!

All worries put to rest right there...
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

elboffor
Consultant
Well I stand corrected.
Clearly posting on an unrelated social media site that they want it to work the eay it should  is enough and I should just STFU.

Btw 6 pages...
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Wilberstien
Honored Guest
I have a 3 sensor setup and have been experiencing similar bugs to what people have listed here since the 1.11 patch, My head seems about 2ft too high and I have to reset my height after running each app, My guardian boundaries will also move around by a couple ft seemingly at random, I've almost punched the wall a couple times because of it, Log is attached, Please for the love of VR figure out what's going on, it's beyond annoying.

TheSmokeFather
Explorer
height glitch, sometimes guardian moves about a foot out of place, general tracking issues, floating hands. 

FiZi
Honored Guest
Just got my StarTech PEXUSB3S44V and plugged in all four sensors and played some SteamVR (BAM VR, Smashbox Arean).

Tracking was better but still not perfect. Also had the good old VR hand jitters initially where they wouldn't track properly at all. Like the hands were stuck at 10fps.

More logs can't hurt right?

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
In my discussions with support I'm curious about what sort of sensor setup people have here. For those with 3 sensors do any on you have the following when compared to the Oculus recommended setup.

http://imgur.com/iLpypZL

1. Do any of you have your 3 sensors in the above image layout and within all distance limits?
  2. Most importantly are you under the 4m limit for the diagonal between the rear sensor and its opposite sensor.
  3. Do you still have tracking issues?
My setup has about 4.5m for this diagonal and support has suggested this could be the issue. I'll do another test when I get the chance ensuring to stay under these distances but unfortunately due to my room shape and size including low beams on the ceilings I will be unable to ever setup the cameras to this recommendation in any permanent manner. I'd have to use a tripod for the rear sensor essentially in the middle of the room which is really not very practical at all. Ceiling mounting the rear sensor in that position wont work due to a beam which would block most of the view.

I'm still hopeful Oculus can resolve these issues but if these distances prove to be hard limits I think I will have to let go the dream of roomscale with the Rift in my particular room size.

Finally I get that this configuration is "experimental" but I'm concerned if they will ever support a room of my size. #toobig4therift

Please get it sorted Oculus.
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

Anonymous
Not applicable
System specs
kx5umr7jdtil.png
3 sensor setup here as well two at the front with one at back left using 3.0 usb extender cable Generally working well.

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer

3 sensor setup here as well two at the front with one at back left using 3.0 usb extender cable Generally working well.

Out of curiosity what is the distance from the rear sensor to the diagonally opposite front sensor?
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?