cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on 1.11 tracking issues and the upcoming 1.12 release

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all,

I wanted to give everyone an update on the next release (1.12) and where we are with improvements to Rift tracking.

Our #1 priority right now is addressing the new tracking issues some users are experiencing in 1.11 without reducing the impact of 1.11's tracking quality improvements. We’re also fixing a few new tracking-related bugs that have come in through community and support channels - thanks to those who have sent in logs. At this point, all of these tracking changes together are too significant for a hotfix, so instead our focus is getting them thoroughly tested and shipped to everyone as part of the 1.12 release ASAP.

As of today, we're still tracking toward a February release for 1.12, but we don’t have a locked date yet. That's because 1.12 is going through an expanded QA and testing process to make sure we haven't overlooked any new issues. As soon as it's ready, we'll ship it.

Related, we’re exploring the creation of an early preview program that folks would be able to opt into to receive updates ahead of an official launch. This is something we've wanted to do for awhile, but has been on the back-burner behind other features. Hopefully, this should help us gather more community feedback and testing to help catch issues like this in the future. If you're interested in participating, stay tuned - I'll have more on this in the next few weeks. 

Finally, I wanted to mention that we’re going to be rolling out a small hotfix soon related to Oculus matchmaking services to continue to improve multiplayer experiences. This won't include any of the upcoming 1.12 tracking updates – this is a much smaller, more focused fix.

Thanks so much for everyone’s patience and support on this. We'll let you know as soon as we have more.

Nate
49 REPLIES 49

Maxito
Protege

Thank you for the update. I love your open and direct approach with the community lately,
i do miss Palmer tough, that chubby flip-flops wearing VR messiah ;(

Are you kidding? How many weeks has it been since they broke tracking for so many and have not once posted about it? I'm glad someone from oculus finally said something but this kind of response time is no where near acceptable. I hope they fix it soon. I love my oculus but they have terrible support staff.

bosy_princ
Protege
Thanks for your response and looking forwrd to the update!

JASON_ASH
Explorer
Thanks Nate, Rift is amazing, you guys are doing incredible work.

elboffor
Consultant
Thanks for the update 🙂
Better late than never 🙂
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

keem85
Protege
Will this improve the usb bandwidth on my mobo aswell? With 3 sensor I'm not allowed to use my firewire pcie card, because all the sensor is draining all the power.

MOBO: GA-Z87X-UD4H
Processor: i7 4770K @4.5
GFX: MSI 1080 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400

Anonymous
Not applicable
drvhjs4s59nf.jpg

elboffor
Consultant

keem85 said:

Will this improve the usb bandwidth on my mobo aswell? With 3 sensor I'm not allowed to use my firewire pcie card, because all the sensor is draining all the power.

MOBO: GA-Z87X-UD4H
Processor: i7 4770K @4.5
GFX: MSI 1080 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400

my guess would be no, that's a motherboard issue which would happen if you were using the same number of usb 3.0 devices at capacity.

I would recommend getting a second pci-e card but for the usb which has it's own power connector. or a powered usb 3.0 hub

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

kgian76
Expert Protege
Thank you for the update. Keep up with frequent communication please. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for giving us an update, this is a big step in the right direction for Oculus, we want to hear from you more! 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Nate who? 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.