cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Slochy PM me the ott.log and i'll have a look at it.
@Globespy Ok, will have a a look at making those two option not depend on each other, or perhaps even not mandatory at all? Probably something i should have left up to the user instead of forcing it. Regarding voice control not working, PM me the ott.log and i'll take a look at it.
@dburne Does the path it complains about exist? If not, then i made a foolish mistake in some assumptions and i'll fix it. I'll PM you.The message about Fresco Logic and sensors are just warnings. If you check the box "Disable Fresco Power Management on start" the warning should go away. If you manually disable power management on the sensors in device manager that warning should go away too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dburne Does the path it complains about exist? If not, then i made a foolish mistake in some assumptions and i'll fix it. I'll PM you.The message about Fresco Logic and sensors are just warnings. If you check the box "Disable Fresco Power Management on start" the warning should go away. If you manually disable power management on the sensors in device manager that warning should go away too.

1: No, that path does not exist... It does not seem to be affecting anything anyway so I guess no big deal.

2: Not sure I understand - yes I checked in device manager and the power management tabs have a check mark in them, which looks like they are enabled. However your tool is set to run at start and apparently it is disabling it anyway because it has cured my issue so far... have not had a disconnect since. If I remove the checkmarks will that somehow negate the tool's setting? Also won't they return on a reboot or after turning on from being shut down?

JesseDeya
Expert Protege
@ApollyonVR
Love the additions to 0.65 but voice commands no longer work for me.

They work great in 0.64.2, and going back to that they work every time no problems (I have a well trained Win 10 voice recog pack as I use Voice Attack with Elite).

Anyway, I can't get 0.65 to respond to anything, nothing, nada. I tried the start listening command, I tried changing it to something else, I used Voice Attack to make sure Windows was correctly understanding my words but for some reason 0.65 doesn't work.

I have tried running both in administrator mode and without, no diff. For me, 0.64.2 works fine when I don't tick admin mode anyway, it makes no difference.

I'm happy to use 0.64.2 for now, but would love to get voice working with 0.65 if possible. Let me know if I can help you bug hunt. Cheers.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@dburne ok, great, then don't worry about any warning messages. 😃
@
@JesseDeya yea, i must have messed something up. If you can PM me your config.xml (you might need to rename that to .txt to attach it) as well as the ott.log i can check and see.

kgian76
Expert Protege
Great software. I am in non english windows though and I will be waiting for an update for the voice commands to work. 

HornyyyHorn
Expert Protege
Thank you!!! 

Klaathu
Explorer
keep going Apollyon...your tool really makes a difference...you should be awarded by Oculus 🙂

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
I have downloaded and it's a great little tool.   Keep up the great work!!! 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

Choronzon
Adventurer
SS 2.0 working superbly on my ROG laptop.

Just one thing: what is 'high quality: off' displayed in HUD overlay?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
You should mostly see that only in Home i think. When in a game it should change to On. I think that is up to developers to set, not sure though.