cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 sensor setup here as well two at the front with one at back left using 3.0 usb extender cable Generally working well.

Out of curiosity what is the distance from the rear sensor to the diagonally opposite front sensor?

Hi its 3m 30cm.

elboffor
Consultant
I get the impression that all support requests are getting handled in the same way.

After digging about i found the following from a leaked support handbook. (Obviously I just made it up but I have yet to see an experience that doesnt follow this remit)

Oculus support hand book
The following steps should be followed regardless of the enquiry type, randomly an RMA can be offered but this should be less than 1% of cases and only after all steps have been followed at least twice. 

Note on RMA: the maximum leadtime possible on returns should be used at all times, including but not limited to delaying sending the label, delaying actioning the handling of the receipt of goods, delaying sending out the refurbished new equipment.

Step 1,
Run through basic trouble shooting (pick a test at random from the user guide and then refer the user to the setup guides)

If no resolve found by the end user, move to step 2.

Step 2,
Find basis where blame can be laid on the end user (this can take any form possible, ask for photographic proof of everything, extra points on your quarterly bonus cards for each piece of information you can get that we already have at our finger tips, this will enable us to delay giving an acceptable response)

If unable to lay blame on the end user, move to step 3.

Step 3,
Ask the end user to give you time to investigate the issue (at this point it is mandatory to pass the issue to one of your colleagues who has the level or less experience than yourself. Note: if you have been passed an issue at this stage, it is recommended you start from step 1)

If the end user returns after step 3, move to step 4.

Step 4,
Vaguely but with no guarantee state that the issue should be addressed in the next patch but do not give a date for this.

If end user returns again, pick any step at random and follow the chart again from that point.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

NizZ8
Protege
Typically run 4 sensors, but currently running 2 sensors due to Oculus Touch Tracking/Jittering issues in 1.11.  Posting my updated logs <attached> today
10900K | RTX 3090

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
My issue are kind of small.  However, all issues just need more of a professional eye to address our concerns.

Hands float off into space, Height issues  and Jitters at times. 

Kano_Connor
Explorer
I'm having a great time staring at my £1000 Oculus rift shaped paper weights......don't know about you guys

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a great time staring at my £1000 Oculus rift shaped paper weights......don't know about you guys

I never had that problem:) 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've mounted my oculus rift sensors on the wall now 7 foot off the ground and with 2m apart for the front two sensors and the back 160 sensor is 3m 30cm from the diagonally opposite front sensor i'm not having any problems now at present.

TheRoggan
Protege

I've mounted my oculus rift sensors on the wall now 7 foot off the ground and with 2m apart for the front two sensors and the back 160 sensor is 3m 30cm from the diagonally opposite front sensor i'm not having any problems now at present.

Are your sensors at exactly the same height of the ground?

I think one possible reason to the current height and guardian issues are related to having different heights and on symetrical positions of the sensors... My rear 3:rd sensor sits like 50cm taller than my two fronts does and not fully symetrically positioned (not that its mentioned anywhere that they should be, and it was working in 1.10...)

Its cracy that Oculus havent reverted to 1.10 or even communicated an action plan on this yet... :disappointed:

gamersbubu
Explorer

TheRoggan said:

I think one possible reason to the current height and guardian issues are related to having different heights and on symetrical positions of the sensors... My rear 3:rd sensor sits like 50cm taller than my two fronts does and not fully symetrically positioned (not that its mentioned anywhere that they should be, and it was working in 1.10...)

Its cracy that Oculus havent reverted to 1.10 or even communicated an action plan on this yet... :disappointed:

This observation is both bad and good.  Bad because Oculus has communicated an action plan on this.  1.12 is coming out this month to fix the problems you mentioned.  Good because the problems you mentioned are real and have been acknowledged.  To be specific, look up posts by Natemit and Brendan Iribe as both answer your question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TheRoggan said:

Hi yes all sensors are 7 foot off the ground.
the play area i have at moment is not that big but 7f by 5ft not bad.

wxsjt2o7dkj2.png
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?