cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home and Gear VR Closed Unexpectedly

fizzlenutz
Honored Guest
I am having some serious issues with my Gear VR. I have a samsung S7 Edge and every time I put my phone into the headset I get to error messages. "Oculus home has closed unexpectedly" and "Gear VR has closed unexpectedly" and cannot advance any further. I have unistalled reinstalled and nothing works. Have now submitted two tickets to support and havent heard anything back. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help. 
5 REPLIES 5

Blkadda67
Honored Guest
Having exactly the same issues... uninstalled, re-installed, updates etc, no apps disabled etc.. after I uninstall and put phone back in goggles it goes thru the setup and then I get the error message 'oculus home has closed unexpectedly' oculus support is useless

dann01
Honored Guest
Having the same problem
Oculus support doesnt tell a solution
We can try to resset to fabric settings 

DominicanKnight
Honored Guest
Also have the same issue. On Feb 7th Oculus support told me that both com.facebook.appmanager (App Manager) and com.facebook.system (Installer) must be installed, the phone must be unlocked (lock screen wise) and that power save mode must be disabled. I in turn told them that on my phone they read as 'Facebook App Installer' and 'Facebook App Manager' in the application manager. They didn't comment on that. But none of their suggestions fixed the issue. I even performed a factory reset and reinstalled everything. No dice. They've closed the case as resolved but I obviously still can't use my Gear VR with my phone. Side Note: I plugged my buddy's S7Edge into my gear vr and it works fine. Request #326724

DominicanKnight
Honored Guest
I ended up returning my phone under the warranty exchange, cost me all of 5 bucks to do so since it seemed to be defectively not working with Gear VR. The new handset works fine right out of the box. No issues with Gear VR. Also the VR experience with this thing is much better than I had thought it would be. Try the CNN VR "Stock Market Anniversary" report. Detail level and tracking on the NYC sidewalk is phenomenal. Watching people walking around me and looking down the skyscraper canyons is amazing (I lived the first  20 years of my life in NYC). Wish all the content were of that great resolution and quality.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great. Thanks for following up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV