cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Sunshine

Skullsdirect
Explorer
Have to say this is my favourite VR experience so far.  Very immersive and great fun.  At times quite a scary experince with zombies that seem right in front of you!  Panic inducing when they rush and you have forgotten to reload.  Not many online players but a very enjoyable FPS experience.  Don't know his well this will translate to PSVR though as the Rift Touch controllers just feel so intuative and real.  8/10 and runs very well on a 980ti i7 setup.
42 REPLIES 42

kevink808
Superstar

nalex66 said:

I've noticed the same--you really have to careful about lining up the front and rear iron sights, otherwise you'll be shooting too low or too high. Maybe it's just that the gun barrel angle to the handle doesn't quite match expectations, or maybe the shooting mechanics are just less forgiving than other games. It does seem to be realistic, though--wild-firing with a pistol is not easy to do accurately. If I miss, I check my sights and usually realize that I've let the tip of the barrel drop.

That's what I do, just like my own Glock, however sometimes the game reflects a shot to the head and other times it doesn't. And that's at roughly the same range...10-15 ft, point blank.  In real life I don't fire at a melon size target at 10-15 ft down range and miss like this with single shots.  I swear they have an error rate built-in by distance to the target.  I think this would have been much better to simply use a laser dot or target reticule.  I noticed that they have each zombie perform evasion by stumbling, running, zig-zagging, etc., so clearly they're trying to increase the difficulty.  But there are so many survival shooters out there and they've proven you don't have to make this a die roll with each shot.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
There is a laser sight if you put the difficulty level to Easy. It may be worth experimenting with that just to see if you still feel that the gun mechanics are off. Maybe seeing the dot will tell you more about what's going on when you shoot?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kevink808
Superstar
Hm...I did put it on easy mode and didn't see the dot...is that with all weapons like the handgun?
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, the starting pistol should definitely have a laser dot. I haven't played Easy enough to test all weapons, but I read about it and tested with the weapons that I had equipped in my current save, and all of them had the dot.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Skullsdirect
Explorer
Have found that the level where you travel into the dark tunnels of the mine are really tense! Prefer my zombies in the datlight where they don't sound so scary.  On a side note I'm impressed with The Unspoken too.  Can't find many players online though.  Do you think this will end up on Steam at some point to broaden the player base?

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
still have yet to beat this game due to the height bug

elboffor
Consultant

Arock387 said:

still have yet to beat this game due to the height bug

Same
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

STANGERISM
Protege
The co-op campaign on this game was amazing!!! I hope more games will do full campaign in co-op it's so much better enjoying the game with a friend. This is my favorite vr game so far. Feels like an actual game and not just a demo. The tunnels were super freaky in co-op because they only give you one flashlight and the one glow stick. Awesome game!!!

Luciferous
Consultant
I was in the in the mine yesterday, amazing, I spent a while just using the torch to light up my gun, turning it back and forth, so real.

They could do with some work on the free locomotion, I seem to keep getting stuck on things on the floor.

Otherwise what an amazing game. I'll have to play co-op soon sounds great.

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
I just simply love this game! must have beat it 50 times by now :smile: