cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

XlordB
Adventurer
Installed third sensor this morning tested it and its seemed fine... until later when I just tried to play dead and buried and bigscreen the controllers have suddenly become... FLOATY goddam it

FiZi
Honored Guest
More logs.

Playing BAM VR again. Initially had the broken touch controllers where they render at 5fps and everything else is smooth. Restarting the Oculus Services corrected the issue.

Jumpy inconsistent hand and headset tracking while playing BAM VR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i found that if the sensors are 7 foot off the ground with a well light area help out a lot for me as they can track to the floor and 360 fine but with the light is off laggy hiccups happen and i can't be in VR with problems like that going on.

So i have LED hue strip light in trunking its a maker for me here the walls are but lights me up without being to much light in the room.

zfdkfy26myi6.jpgs72q5fk9y3jd.jpg

XlordB
Adventurer

i found that if the sensors are 7 foot off the ground with a well light area help out a lot for me as they can track to the floor and 360 fine but with the light is off laggy hiccups happen and i can't be in VR with problems like that going on.

So i have LED hue strip light in trunking its a maker for me here the walls are but lights me up without being to much light in the room.

zfdkfy26myi6.jpgs72q5fk9y3jd.jpg

I disagree. The light in my room with just a small lamp in the corner is giving me issues with touch controllers and 3 sensors. Before third sensor wasnt so bad. And even before third sensor with lights out it was ok.

XlordB
Adventurer
OK this post here is for CYBER since i know hes keen to get most of the issues and things that are similar to the dev team. It is the issue with sensor movement within deskscene looking at different sensors. My sensors are mounted SECURELY via third party cam mounts screwed to the wall. 
The left and right sensor is plugged into back usb 3 ports. The rear sensor into back usb 2.0 port, headset into front usb3.0 port via 1.5m 3.0 extension and hdmi extension into back gpu1.

That is just the info for ports. ( I thought that would be needed) I have supplied a FULL log file not just oculus but the full one.

Check under pics for the video of the problem in deskcene you need to look closely to see the movement it is when the sensor basically snaps into a different position (it is ever so slight). This is not the only issue i have Last night for some strange reason my touch controllers and my headset were operating at what i can only say is a 15fps experience. This was strange because when i initially fitted the third sensor and tested it in the morning it seemed fine. Only at 7:00 pm last night when i was gaming with friends in D&B and using bigscreen did this become apparent. I sent logs last night for that session. The logs im sending with this post are from the quick deskscene test today. Hopefully this will be of some use and i respectfully ask cyber if you could either pm me or reply with anything you see that is not right with anything and allow a suggestion or so for me to be able to fix the problem.. I am technically minded and will try just about anything to help resolve this not just for me but for everyone with the problems.

Left sensor
cfm2yn8yc9i9.jpg

Right Sensor
weyuvr5exz9s.jpg

Rear Sensor
hzdpu9hh89yg.jpg

https://youtu.be/j2tfe070S54

XlordB
Adventurer
Deskscene camera shift

https://youtu.be/j2tfe070S54

Room setup

exactly 13ft from back sensor to left sensor
front sensors in usb 3
back in usb 2
Logs provided.
Please suggest fix thanks 

r73l5qx0k133.jpg5qzusn8hh2ia.jpg

firebane
Protege

TheRoggan said:

Sounds like im not the only one with dodgy USB connectivity to sensors and headset after the 1.11 update as well...

They come and go and to fix you need to physically disconnect and reconnect, sometimes several times and sometimes a computer restart is needed to get everything back online for a while...

Really hoping 1.12 will fix so things are at least as it was in 1.10, hopefully improved surround tracking with less jittering and large jumps in position...

For the constant disconnecting you might want to try setting your USB ports to Full Initialization in the BIOS.  So far that's fixed my constantly disconnecting headset issue.  But I've only been testing it for a day, so might not be a fix.  Worth a shot though.

cheg0rilla
Honored Guest
i think i should have posted this here.  oculus acs.exe issue

Deadpond
Honored Guest
Okay so I just got my oculus rift and I only had a few free games. I decided to purchase Arizona Sunrise but when I tried to, it said I had no space. I basically have the whole C: drive and 😧 drive problem. I looked around on the internet for a solution and I uninstalled oculus rift on my C: drive to download the setup again. I downloaded the setup and it gave me a choice. To choose where the vr apps go, I chose the d: drive and it even clarifies that I chose the location. But when I click next it reverts back to the C: drive. So in short I can't play any games currently because of space. I have tried the cmds system as well as the OculusSetup / drive:D. Nothing has worked! So far I'm rethinking whether or not this $1800system for the most part was worth. Someone please help, also sorry if I placed this in the wrong forum or thread or whatever it's my first time going to a forum or the community for some help.

hoogmoed
Explorer

nakirush said:

Ever since the 1.11 patch was pushed I find myself floating a foot or two higher than I actually am after a few minutes of gameplay. This makes most games uncomfortable and several games completely unplayable.

Each time this happens I have to leave my game and run height calibration.

The Guradian system also appears to move 2-6 inches randomly.

I have gone from using my Rift 1-3 hours a day to 15 minutes or less because it is such a hassle to re-calibrate each time.

Hello nakirush, i have the same problem. Tracking is rocksolid but have trouble to walk trough a door because iam to high in game. I have 3 sensors two  are high 2m and one is low 1 m.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?