cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severely Dangerous problems with my oculus guardian system...?

coculus_uk
Protege
I would like to report the following two dangerous issues relating to the oculus guardian system.
1) it has started drifting.
2) floor is moving
the first item is highly dangerous and I suggest this is addressed immediately before somebody gets hurt...
A disappointed oculus owner.
48 REPLIES 48

I'm not sooo sure about this one...
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

coculus_uk
Protege

weasel47 said:

I know not to trust the guardian system too much (for the time being).  I've been jumping in and out of VR a lot in Unity, and sometimes my guardian boundaries will do something like rotate 90 degrees and move 6 feet in some direction (at the moment that I put the HMD on, and then stay in that new position indefinitely).
It makes me wonder if OVR thinks that my two sensors have switched or something...

Mines been slowly moving in one direction, usually up....
but sometimes sidewards meaning I come into contact with my walls; I've also had it move 8-10 foot in one go, and couldn't even get inside the supposed playable area! Lol

coculus_uk
Protege

andyring said:

Are you inferring I don't have this issue with my oculus. I'm here for resolution

andyring said:

Are you inferring I don't have this issue with my oculus. I'm here for resolution

2160 x 1200

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

regularears
Expert Protege
Apart from the timing issues, is the giveaway not in the punctuation at the end of the thread title ... ?

weasel47
Heroic Explorer

weasel47 said:

I know not to trust the guardian system too much (for the time being).  I've been jumping in and out of VR a lot in Unity, and sometimes my guardian boundaries will do something like rotate 90 degrees and move 6 feet in some direction (at the moment that I put the HMD on, and then stay in that new position indefinitely).
It makes me wonder if OVR thinks that my two sensors have switched or something...

but sometimes sidewards meaning I come into contact with my walls; I've also had it move 8-10 foot in one go, and couldn't even get inside the supposed playable area! Lol

Yeah, I do have the floor moving as well, sometimes up and sometimes down.

danybonin
Protege
I have this problem to. Guardian slowly moving to one direction and also the height changing slowly.
13900ks
nvidia rtx 4090
32GB

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Thanks for tips, but I'd like to know when this will be recognised as a serious problem,

You were already shown that this was a serious problem that Oculus is addressing with your account that was banned. Yes, we all know it's you @Panoramus 😄

coculus_uk
Protege
So that's a NO when it comes to a support forum here to help, you only see Oculus Staff when it comes time to protect all the Virtual Fan Boy (or Fan Girl) and offer out bans.

How about a response to my perfectly valid questions above ^^^
Thanks from a faithful customer, all the best; looking forward to my ban for asking difficulty questions about the safety of oculus system currently. Allah Akbah

coculus_uk
Protege

weasel47 said:

weasel47 said:

Yeah, I do have the floor moving as well, sometimes up and sometimes down.

Full Deniability mode currently.