cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Deadpond When you install, the drive choice is for your game library and downloads. The Oculus app itself always installs to C:/Program Files/Oculus
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vegasjon777
Honored Guest
Hi there!
I've been trying to install the oculus software and am getting a failure after the download. Im running Win 10. I've uninstalled all AV software, checked  the FW and its allowing Oculus to go through. I've ran Ccleaner many times, etc... I am using the default install path. I see Oculus is creating two folders- One called "Oculus" and the other is the "OculusSetup-Download Cache" and it is pulling down the .zip files. It will then come up with the "Restart Computer" error message telling you it failed. Any ideas what else I can check?

fsp48
Honored Guest
After weeks of finally getting flawless four sensor room-scale I just went through tracking jitter jump madness.  I have been using Oculus Tray Tool up to 0.65 in combination with running the USB power fix script.  It was a few steps involving copy and paste for powershell along with the program but I had it down to a solid procedure.  After beta testing a new version the Dev made that incorporated the script method into the program I ran into my new unplayable issues.  I finally reverted back to what worked after swapping USB ports around a LOT and the kicker was the last thing I tried was reinstalling the drivers for all the inatek fresco logic stuff in device manager and I finally am back to where I can play again.  I don't know about taping over sensor dots but if that works for you great.  Just figured I would throw out what I had working and just got it back working again.  The upward drift or grow as you play has always been happening since 1.11.  Since playing most of my full locomotion FPS is on Steam I'm using the advanced tool inside of steam VR to 'FIX Floor"  almost every other round.  It just would be nice to have this Rift gear work without hassle for a change.  Naming it Consumer version one is a stretch at this point.  Hopefully all of our notes will lead to that aha moment. 

paulohotline
Explorer
I am still getting the height glitch randomly and constant shakiness on the 3rd sensor in the back which is causing GOLFVR to be nearly unplayable. I have a 4th sensor setup but not plugged in due massive judder when I come back from sleep mode. Can I please be part of the alpha going forward so I can test and provide feedback with logs on my 4 sensor experiences? Thanks!
[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389] http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please release 1.12 to us all pls?

NackJicholson
Explorer
It has gotten to the point where I can only play for about 15 to 20 minutes before I have to reset tracking. Oddly enough it isn't happening as much when I am developing in Unity but I think that is because most the time I am sitting and testing things. Thankfully steamvr has a floor height plugin so I can just reset midgame.

Like almost all others have said it seems to be a problem during handoff between cameras. I get super high if I don't reset tracking. Kinda unplayable without a way to reset floor height. I started Dead and Buried right after I reset tracking and set my headset and controller down to go get a drink. When I returned I was 10 feet above the menu :(.

Would love to test 1.12 especially since I have an event this week to show off parts of my game and I don't want to have to reset tracking after every play tester.

Also, wanted to add my room configuration is 3 sensors plugged into the mobo and all 3 sensors are setup the way the guides tell you to. Thanks.

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
Not sure if it's too late already, but here are my logs
I too have the height drifting issue since 1,11
-3 sensor setup, (3m x 3,5m playspace)
-USB: 1x 2m USB 3.0 extension and 1x 5m active USB 2.0 extension.
-No USB card. Everything is plugged into the MoBo, 

Also since 1.11, sometimes I get the "bad tracking quality" message from one of the sensors (which can be fixed by plugging the cable out and back in)

larsonreever
Honored Guest
Now after the update, which was meant to fix my problems, it adds a
meter to my height after about half an hour of gameplay. I've also had
the contoller spining around which it's never done before (I don't think
that will be in the logs though). I am now really regretting selling my
Vive and putting faith in Oculus. It wouldn't be so bad if they would
just communicate with us more.

YoLolo69
Trustee
@larsonreeverI suggest to post in another thread than the old 1.11 one, and to contact support and provide your log files. You need to initiate the communication with them if you want a dialog 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I would recommend submitting a support ticket. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?