cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus PC 1.12 going live today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, everyone - I wanted to share a short update on 1.12, which we’re starting to roll out to everyone today.

Based on our testing, we believe 1.12 should improve tracking quality - especially for 3 sensor setups - and address the recent issues that some users were experiencing with 1.11. This release also includes a number of improvements under the hood. You can check out the full 1.12 release notes here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50132/oculus-1-12-release-notes/p1 ;

This was also the first time that we invited select folks in the community to help us test ahead of the official release. A huge thank you for all the feedback we received - it was helpful in getting the release more quickly. We’re looking forward to doing more of this in the future. 

We roll out to everyone in phases to make sure everything is working as intended. As with any new release, there are a handful of small known issues that we'll continue to work through. We appreciate all the feedback, keep it coming. 

Thank you!

Nate

75 REPLIES 75

Grimdanfango
Expert Protege

e_m_d88 said:

How is the new update? 

Like watching a pot until it boils, for the moment.

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Still waiting here too... was really looking forward to playing in VR today with the new patch.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

doonaner
Honored Guest
Still waiting to play some vr I can't play because I'm one of the people plagued with the bugs in the current patch 😞

MrJosey
Explorer
I'm not seeing an update. I'm in Vancouver, Canada. Also, if you use a VPN, can you access updates earlier with other regions?

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer

MrJosey said:

I'm not seeing an update. I'm in Vancouver, Canada. Also, if you use a VPN, can you access updates earlier with other regions?

Last one, i think, took a wk to get completely out.

doonaner
Honored Guest

MrJosey said:

Last one, i think, took a wk to get completely out.

I sure as H E double hockey sticks don't want to wait a week to play some VR. I paid a premium price for this thing and sure would love to use it.

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Can we change the title of this thread to "Oculus PC 1.12 starts rolling out today to some users"

Title is misleading
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

NizZ8
Protege

Xsjadia said:

Can we change the title of this thread to "Oculus PC 1.12 starts rolling out today to some users"

Title is misleading

yeah agree, have spent the past 6 hours closing and opening the Oculus app, along with rebooting, installing PIA VPN app to try and connect to several regions to get the update and no joy so far.
10900K | RTX 3090

doonaner
Honored Guest

NizZ8 said:

Xsjadia said:

Title is misleading

yeah agree, have spent the past 6 hours closing and opening the Oculus app, along with rebooting, installing PIA VPN app to try and connect to several regions to get the update and no joy so far.

I've been doing the same thing as well to no avail. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, glad i ordered the 3rd sensor then  😄