cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • In Oculus Store, you can now report user reviews as spam.
    • You'll no longer have to leave VR to finish installing new apps and games when they're done downloading if you have administrator privileges on your Windows User Account.
    • You can now mirror audio out of the Rift headset to your computer speakers, under Settings -> Devices in the Oculus app.
  • Bug-fixes:
    • Improved Oculus Home
      • Fixed issue with the appearance of Oculus Home on first launch.
    • Improved tracking quality with Oculus Rift and Touch.
      • Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR. These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in 1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away. We improved that process to be smoother and more reliable. We will continue to work on further improvements in these areas.
    • Improved support for Unity content.
      • Fixed freezing and black-screen issues when switching back to an app or game from Universal Menu, or when un-pausing an app or game.
      • Fixed texture rendering and color rendering issues for certain types of overlays.
    • Improved support for Unreal Engine UE4 content.
      • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
      • Fixed rendering efficiency issue with intermediate render targets.
146 Comments
Kano_Connor
Explorer

qx6bkwl73w0f.jpglicker1977 said:

Any idea when released in UK still waiting 

I'm in UK and still waiting too. I've noticed something though, My oculus Library service wont start, coming up with error code 18. Any one having/had this problem?

Running windows 10, Oculus home starts fine, apps open fine....still weird though...
Grimdanfango
Expert Protege

YoLolo69 said:

@rjay2b: I don't think the update wait is really deliberate to upset part of users base.

Presumably not, but that really does prompt the question - what *is* the point of it? - seeing as the only thing it can possibly achieve at this point is to irritate swathes of the user base who are sat here staring at a screen, who have gone to bed, gotten a full night's sleep, and have returned to discover that all they can do is *continue* to stare at a screen... reading posts from people who already have the patch, and for whom it's working perfectly... waiting, waiting to use the headset they haven't been able to use since they bought it a month ago.

Seems a staggeringly effective recipe for annoying the hell out of people for no good reason.
YoLolo69
Trustee
I agree it's could be irritating to know some received the update when we don't. I was like this for all previous patches waiting more than 24 hours before been upgraded. I can understand they don't have yet server infrastructure to support upgrading everybody at the same time and need to dispatch this process. During the 20 minutes "awful long' wait I had yesterday after the Nate post, I opened and closed OH around 5 times and suddenly the message appeared right after opening it. So possibly the check is when you open it and not if OH is already open. Also, I have the "Automatic Update" choice selected in parameters (worst checking in case it if it have some influence here).

Guys, be patient, the wait is nearly over and I hope all will work fine for everybody 🙂
Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Rift users are about 0.02% that of Facebook users. I really don't think they would have any problems with server infrastructure.
vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

Rift users are about 0.02% that of Facebook users. I really don't think they would have any problems with server infrastructure.

Well it did falter during initial rift preorders and that was on the facebook infrastructure.
Anonymous
Not applicable
While certainly FB is huge with large resources, I imagine the Oculus Division has it's own P&L and needs to keep lower costs to show profits. They probably only allocate so much to Oculus.
Of course just speculation on my part.
Grimdanfango
Expert Protege
Well... that's a full 24 hours it's been in the wild, and I'm still waiting (along with plenty of others seemingly).

Remind me again... why can we arbitrarily not have this completed patch, which others have been using a full 24 hours apparently without significant issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still waiting here as well - tick tock tick tock LOL.
hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
I'm still waiting patiently though getting frustrated now
MiddleMan82
Protege
Still waiting... Please Oculus, you listened to us on release notes and beta testing last time, listen to us on this one. This method of releasing updates sucks balls. I've not been able to play properly for months, why am I always the last one to get any updates. At least mix it up a bit. Or just release them to everyone at the same time, like a normal tech company.
Arock387
Heroic Explorer
So the update hit.  And so far it was great.  Was messing a little with the tracking and it was better but I still had some jumps here and there.  Could just need a restart but I could also just need the play with it more and figure it if was me or the rift
HankTV
Protege
So today i've been testing the new 1.12 update. First of all i did the whole setup including adjusting 2 sensors pluged to usb 3.0 slots each on an inateck card, touch controllers synchronizing and tracking, room size cal. , etc... I also did the robot demo without any breakout cable untill it was finished. The breakout cable was pluged to a second inateck usb 3.0 card after the setup. I also pluged a 3th sensor to the same inateck usb card. After that i pluged a 4th sensor to a usb 2.0 port direct to the motherboard.

I've tested 4 games. Rec Room (Paintball), Dead and Burried, Superhot and Onward. All of those games had no tracking issues. I also tried the 3 sensor setup and noticed that the tracking is still better with 4 sensors. Since the 1.11 update i left my oculus to the ground and played with the vive untill now and i have to say there's a huge tracking difference between the new oculus update and the vive. The tracking feels much better for me with the oculus. Its kinda smoother. But thats my opinion.
So now my vive lies in the corner again for some other coming special vive reviews.

Thanks Oculus
flexy123
Superstar
10:58pm here in Spain, got it. (Over an hour ago).

MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS. I updated, didn't see my headset. Had to reinstall several times, nothing. Still "we can't see your headset". (Same config which worked before)
Then deleted USB devices manually from device manager etc...unplugging, replugging devices. Somehow I got it to work. Just a warning, I merely updated from 1.11 but didn't expect so much troubles getting it finally to run,

I fear that others might run into the same problems.
GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
I must be the last person to get this update then. Central US, still no update.

Can someone from oculus just tell me when the update is REALLY going live, so I can stop sitting here staring at my computer screen, constantly opening and closing the oculus exe? I'd rather you guys just tell me my S/N is going to be updated on Feb. 29th @ 12pm or something, even if it's a whole 48 hours after your update went "live."

No BS like "wait 'til next week" either.
nalex66
MVP
MVP

Xsjadia said:

Can someone from oculus just tell me when the update is REALLY going live, so I can stop sitting here staring at my computer screen, constantly opening and closing the oculus exe? I'd rather you guys just tell me my S/N is going to be updated on Feb. 29th @ 12pm or something, even if it's a whole 48 hours after your update went "live."

If you got scheduled for Feb 29th, you'd have 3 years to wait!  😉
Kano_Connor
Explorer

Xsjadia said:

I'm still waiting dude in Wales, UK. Been constantly looking for things to do in hope that  when I come back it will have come through but still no luck. Sick of this.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Just got the update (Toronto, Canada). Gonna run through the setup and see how it is now.
PhilSurtees
Protege
I have 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531), but I don't see any audio mirroring under devices. Am I missing it or do I have wrong ver?
UPDATE: I found it, nevermind my feeble minded questions.
cybereality
Grand Champion
Closing and reopening the Oculus app won't really do anything but, if you are already set to get the update, restarting the Oculus service can make it happen faster. Just go into the Settings menu on the Beta tab and choose Restart Oculus.
Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

I have 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531), but I don't see any audio mirroring under devices. Am I missing it or do I have wrong ver?
UPDATE: I found it, nevermind my feeble minded questions.

I must be feeble minded too, because I can't see it either, where is it?
elboffor
Consultant
xzyx1syyudiu.png
Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
cheers!
NizZ8
Protege
Just got the update and my 4 sensor config seems to be working smoothly.  Thanks Oculus team for pushing out this update!
thatdude90210
Protege
Just tested out on some Arizona Sunshine, everything seems OK so far. Man, I've missed being able to shoot zombies in the head.
danybonin
Protege
Did not had a lot of time to test but so far the 1.12 update seams so much better. Thanks oculus.
kzintzi
Trustee

as a note, this isn't how it works... you can't just say "here are an additional 10 servers to deploy from" unless the system is actually designed to scale rapidly..

Plus the actual bottleneck for this sort of thing is rarely the backend server infrastructure that holds the content - it's the sheer overhead of having a large number of people downloading the same package from the same location. the solutions that allow for REALLY large numbers of people to download the same content are usually owned and run by the ISP you're using, and they only do that sort of thing for big players like Steam or Microsoft.

Ultimately there is no point in telling every client on the planet to start downloading the update at once if they only have a 2Gb link per source location and say 10 locations, and I can't see Oculus going through the hassle of arranging CDN's for what's effectively a single package (for those of you who know Infrastructure; yes, I'm simplifying things).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still w8ing  :#
hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Working sweet,vive back in the box there's a new kid in town.trackings awesome cheers oculus feels like xmas
kgian76
Expert Protege
Still waiting in Greece...
Thot
Protege
Very good 1.12!! My issues with 4 sensors are 95% solved!!!
Only again i can move as fast as i can hand for throw a genade in onward for exemple, if movement too fast it's not seen, so my grenade fall on my foots 😞 maybee it's my usb or processor can hold the flow of information from sensor ... 
YoLolo69
Trustee

Thot said:

Only again i can move as fast as i can hand for throw a genade in onward for exemple, if movement too fast it's not seen, so my grenade fall on my foots 😞 maybee it's my usb or processor can hold the flow of information from sensor ... 

Could also be the game itself as devs need to code how the throw movement should be, and pretty sure they don't use real life speed for throwing but a tuned down version as I can see in HHH3, Toy Box, Dead & Buried, etc. so that mean you have to throw slower than in real life to reach a certain distance.
HankTV
Protege

Thot said:

Its not your computer. No panic. Dante told me there will be some fixes soon in the future patches later after the coming update. He tries to implement the rift support as good as the vive. He just needs more feedback. So to everyone who plays onward send feedback to the steam website of onward in the comments section. Oh and btw the ladder climbing is planed too 😉
Thot
Protege
Thx guy, happy to read you
hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Your throwing your grenades on onward to hard if there landing by your feet just a light lob releasing half way through the throw
Highway_UK
Honored Guest
STILL waiting!!! (friend lives 25 miles away got his few days ago.....must be struggling to cover the distance!)

hyno111
Honored Guest
Any chance you can remove the annoying "does not meet minimum specifications"  notice for 970M&980M? They are both more powerful (or at least as powerful as) than GTX 960, which is the new minimum requirement.
Or just give us a way to completely remove the notice regardless the card used.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hyno111 said:

Any chance you can remove the annoying "does not meet minimum specifications"  notice for 970M&980M? They are both more powerful (or at least as powerful as) than GTX 960, which is the new minimum requirement.

Well the M versions of the cards are not really supported. 

As other side - big improvement so I am back to where it was before:) Still feel like there needs to be a bit more work as it still sort of "jumps" once in a while, but at least it's playable. I had to put the rift down for a few weeks because it was just making me sick watching my hands, body, and the world jump around soo much. Need to do more testing, but a good 80% improvement over 1.11 release.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hyno111 said:

oculus tray tool has an option to remove it as far as i remember, its a freeware you can google it
n3bulaR
Protege
Can anyone confirm DK2 is okay after the update?
roocell
Protege
man. waiting for the update is killing me. now Robo Recall is out and don't wait to play it because of 1.11
cybereality
Grand Champion
Try restarting Oculus. Go into Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus.
Quick2Die
Explorer
Update loading!
FrankDrebin1979
Protege
Cant believe this works! Thank you! 4 sensors working flawlesly 😄
Anonymous
Not applicable

will the games get deleted if i do, still with 1.11
Wildt
Consultant

Nacaryus said:

will the games get deleted if i do, still with 1.11

No
KayTannee
Explorer
My left finger sensors stopped working, now I can't get past the oculus setup. As it won't go onto the next thing til I point.

The stupid thing is, when its not at that stage. I can see the finger twitch slightly when I place my finger on the trigger so it looks like the sensors working.

elboffor
Consultant
You can skip that.
Take off your headset and click go to store
MrPark94
Protege
I did some testing today.. and so far ..so good.. the height glitch is gone.. no more stuttering etc.
i only have one problem.. i had this from the update before this,and i hoped this updat resolved it..

when i run a full set up.. and when i come to the point with the calibration of the touch controllers.
the program asks me,to put one touch controller at eye level,but no matter what i do.. it cant find the touch controller.
I tried everything.. i have a small room with a 3 sensor set up.. i tried moving the sensors closer to each other..
even when i hold the touch controller in front of one sensor.. it cant see it..
the only thing left to do is to skip that segment in set up.. it automaticly also skips the boundary setup.

everything works fine.. the tracking is good etc.. But ican not understand why i cant setup my system properly.
2 updat for this one.. it was no problem..

does anybody else experiencing this set up mess 😉  thx in advance
cybereality
Grand Champion
When you get up to that part in the setup, you have to make sure the Touch ring is visible by all sensors on your system at the same time. It may be that your sensors are not angled to have enough overlap.
elboffor
Consultant
also if your batteries are still the origonal ones, try some new ones 😉 that helped me no end lol