cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price cut on Rift and Touch, $100 less each!!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Just read (article) that both Rift and Touch are dropping their prices by $100 each. If you've been holding off on Touch, now is the time!! I'm look at you, @Techy111!

Extra sensors are also cheaper now. I might go ahead and get myself a third one.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
62 REPLIES 62

danknugz
Superstar
just ordered a 4th sensor this past weekend, hopefully theyll guve me 20 bucks.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
For me, the Touch price reduction smarts a little, so soon after launch. But oh well - I won't lose any sleep over it.

For the Rift itself, it's a year since launch, so a price drop now is perfectly reasonable. For those that bought not too long ago... well, that's the risk you take when purchasing anything a significant time after release. Price drops happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, $100 drop on touch 2 months after release...ffs. I'd really love to know why the hell  people who activated touch within 30 days get $50 back when those of us with pre orders don't. I get that we got two free games, but even then I'd rather have taken the $50

loregnum
Adventurer
I really like this for future buyers and VR in general but damn, a bit of a kick to the nuts to have bought the touch controllers back in December, been basically in beta because of the crummy multi sensor tracking and now have the price cut in half.

One positive is I almost ordered a 3rd sensor last night but stopped. No way will I order it now unless the price drops as its current price is ridiculous based on this touch price drop. I'd rather pay the extra and just get 2 more touch controllers.

danknugz
Superstar
the sensors did drop from 80 to 60 
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Wmacky
Protege
I've been considering getting one again after canceling my preorder in disgust due to the store allotments while first dayers waited..   This is the incentive I needed. Do I get one tomorrow at Bestbuy, and pay the $40 in taxes or order online with tougher returns?

kgian76
Expert Protege
Good thing I got the oculus rift on black friday sale for 500 euros! Unfortunately I got the touch controllers for 250 euros though...

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
I hope this brings a deservedly big boost to Oculus sales. With great games, tracking fixes, lower spec PC requirement and a lower price of entry it really should start to broaden the appeal of VR. Now they just need gamers to realise what a good deal this is. Maybe it's time to start advertising.
Developer of Dimensional, The Relentless, Breath Tech, Jigsaw 360 View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com

Dan_E_B
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

Apparently if you bought Touch within the last 30 days, you can get a $50 store credit, according to the article I linked.

How can I contact them about this? 
(Raise a ticket)
i have literally just bought 2 sensors they are still in transit 

KayTannee
Explorer

I literally just bought the cv1 and touch on friday the 24th full price.. I mean I love the rift, but I am not too happy about missing the price drop by literally a few days.. My luck go figure.

Yeh me too. Bought the Oculus through Amazon to avoid the 1000AUD Australia import tax, and then bought Touch direct from Oculus.

All week I've been having problems with the floor height constantly shifting. Its not a great start, if wasn't a pain to return it I probably will have already.

If this latest patch doesn't fix it I might just suck it up and return.

How do we get this $50 store credit that's mentioned in that article?