cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Nightmare - Old School VR

Enmark
Expert Protege
Hi. im Swedish guy with early dreams of VR since i first tried the "Virtuality" arcade machine "Nightmare" later called "Dactyl Nightmare". My goal is to bring my childhood dream back from the dead, for the historic value and because it was a lot of peoples first VR experience!

I have gain the original Programer and graphic designers blessing to recreate the game. but have failed to reach the actual owner of the Game.

The game will be Free of charge and should NOT be redistributed without my knowledge.

Everything is built from scratch and is measured by eye sight from this lone clip!
all 3D work is made in sketchup and all sound effects are taken from the original videoclip.

201 REPLIES 201

DarkTenka
Trustee

Breton said:

OK i have talked to the guy actually owning all the software! and he wants me to send over a demo and to talk things over about the legal aspect  :#

Fingers crossed all goes well!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Good luck!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

elboffor
Consultant
Terror-dactyl-nightmare
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Enmark
Expert Protege
Firs fully compiled demo sent to the title owner to be reviewed. All fingers crossed  :#

I have talked with him two times now and he´s a really nice guy! both taking me seriously and aware of my previous work

Thanx @KillCard for making me aware of the owners company!  🙂

DarkTenka
Trustee

Breton said:

Firs fully compiled demo sent to the title owner to be reviewed. All fingers crossed  :#

I have talked with him two times now and he´s a really nice guy! both taking me seriously and aware of my previous work

Thanx @KillCard for making me aware of the owners company!  🙂

No problems man. Fingers crossed .. I hope it goes well!

Enmark
Expert Protege

And i'm back on track!   B)

Michael Cheatham

Fredrik,

Per our conversation, I agree to the release of the “tribute” to the Dactyl Nightmare VR video game called Polygon Nightmare to the Oculus platform, with the following changes:

elboffor
Consultant
Fantastic.

After having some fun with it myself, I'm totally gonna show people this when they first try the rift so they think its the best it has to offer.
Then ill drop em into buttet train lol.

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

DarkTenka
Trustee
Thats awesome @Breton I can't wait to try this!

RABID
Expert Protege
@Bretonif you can, add support for the virtuix omni. it would be amazing walking around in that   
http://www.virtuix.com/

http://www.virtuix.com/resource-center/

Enmark
Expert Protege
@RABID actually the original arcade machine only use one thumb button on the joystick to move forward, but of course with a little guidance i love to make it runnable on anny VR platform. my next goal is to make it working on the Vive platform and support the right buttons on their controler.  🙂