cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

Bluenoes
Honored Guest
Works well for me, so nice to not see that irritating message!

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
So I have both USB 3.0 and CPU warning. Is there a way to get rid of that warning message? If we do the CPU trick on the register, that won't avoid the message as long as USB 3.0 port warning remains. 
Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

kaanaslan said:

So I have both USB 3.0 and CPU warning. Is there a way to get rid of that warning message? If we do the CPU trick on the register, that won't avoid the message as long as USB 3.0 port warning remains. 

Every time someone asks for a way to avoid the message Oculus adds a day to the planned release date. The current release date is stardate 48315.6.

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
Do they have a plan to manually dismiss the message permanently in their new release?
Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)

XMerc
Expert Protege
Bump....hoping for a response from someone on the Oculus team here....

Mordanthanus
Honored Guest
I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but supposedly, there is an option in this tool that disables the message

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disc...

Firf
Honored Guest
Does Oculus review any of these posts? 

I don't see many dev posts and I'm not sure they are listening.  I realize that home is still labeled BETA (far into consumer production now...), but adding a toggle for the performance warning now that ASW is available and knowing the method is flawed (I too have an overclocked i7 with a GTX 1070) and far exceed the requirements... 

I see many folks have made other tools (including the SuperSampling app, the tray tool, etc., ) which gives any Product Manager or leader at Oculus plenty of requirements to work from on what is useful for standard and power users.  I don't expect a response, however it is a bit frustrating, especially considering how far along Steam and Steam VR have come.  We have seen very little in regard to Oculus Home (or Oculus blogs) to tell us what is coming, but even the inability to see easily see changes with each game / app update (Steam has it on the front of each game / apps store page), integrated community, sorting options (e.g. by rating, release date, etc.), all very basic stuff for any consumer retail product portal.  If they want to compete with Vive, it's not all about the hardware, its also about the interface... Let's take  SuperHot Forever, if you never had it,  you would wonder why the only video is a short video on the enhancements with no other details.  The text description, however, is not updated at all.  This is clearly an interface limitation as Steam manages those very eloquently.  These are just a few examples.

I know Steam has been in the game longer, but Oculus has a product / consumer monster SME in Facebook that it could be leveraging to create amazing consumer experiences.  BTW - Consumer experience includes us, the consumer, showing off our hardware (and basically playing a marketing and sales role for Oculus), and having to explain why a 'performance warning' is showing up, why Home still says 'BETA', etc... 

Anyway, just venting.  I love VR, I'm very happy with my Oculus hardware, just wish Oculus kept us early adopters (if we are to be called that anymore) up to date with what's coming, whether they are listening to our feedback, etc...  Also, if I am missing something, feel free to put me in my place ;).  I hope I'm wrong and that everyone else is aware of a new HOME v2.0 that on its way and I just missed it living under a rock!

Again, I'm still a fan, just hoping for some visible love from Oculus...  Maybe the newly announced hires at the 'C' level at Oculus (and their overall VR division) will trickle down to us as owners and consumers...

XMerc
Expert Protege

Firf said:

Does Oculus review any of these posts? 

I don't see many dev posts and I'm not sure they are listening.  I realize that home is still labeled BETA (far into consumer production now...), but adding a toggle for the performance warning now that ASW is available and knowing the method is flawed (I too have an overclocked i7 with a GTX 1070) and far exceed the requirements... 

I see many folks have made other tools (including the SuperSampling app, the tray tool, etc., ) which gives any Product Manager or leader at Oculus plenty of requirements to work from on what is useful for standard and power users.  I don't expect a response, however it is a bit frustrating, especially considering how far along Steam and Steam VR have come.  We have seen very little in regard to Oculus Home (or Oculus blogs) to tell us what is coming, but even the inability to see easily see changes with each game / app update (Steam has it on the front of each game / apps store page), integrated community, sorting options (e.g. by rating, release date, etc.), all very basic stuff for any consumer retail product portal.  If they want to compete with Vive, it's not all about the hardware, its also about the interface... Let's take  SuperHot Forever, if you never had it,  you would wonder why the only video is a short video on the enhancements with no other details.  The text description, however, is not updated at all.  This is clearly an interface limitation as Steam manages those very eloquently.  These are just a few examples.

I know Steam has been in the game longer, but Oculus has a product / consumer monster SME in Facebook that it could be leveraging to create amazing consumer experiences.  BTW - Consumer experience includes us, the consumer, showing off our hardware (and basically playing a marketing and sales role for Oculus), and having to explain why a 'performance warning' is showing up, why Home still says 'BETA', etc... 

Anyway, just venting.  I love VR, I'm very happy with my Oculus hardware, just wish Oculus kept us early adopters (if we are to be called that anymore) up to date with what's coming, whether they are listening to our feedback, etc...  Also, if I am missing something, feel free to put me in my place ;).  I hope I'm wrong and that everyone else is aware of a new HOME v2.0 that on its way and I just missed it living under a rock!

Again, I'm still a fan, just hoping for some visible love from Oculus...  Maybe the newly announced hires at the 'C' level at Oculus (and their overall VR division) will trickle down to us as owners and consumers...

Agreed...would love to hear a response from Devs if this is coming and if not why not. Also I know in the few months ive had my Oculus i've demoed it to at least 20 people, likely more, so as early adopters we are also on the front line of the marketing of this product. If i'm frustrated about a simple thing like not being able to disable a bogus message you can be sure that frustration will be shared with others.

stevegoble
Honored Guest
+1 to disable this message!!!!  it is annoying.

Thot
Protege
i have this message with my 1080ti lol