cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] 0k .sculpt file

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
A sculpt I've been working on failed to load. After a brief investigation I found that the .sculpt file itself was empty -- 0KB. This is a file that I had saved and loaded previously several times, so this must have happened last night when I saved it for the last time before closing Medium.

Luckily this was a duplicate of the original model and only represented a couple hours of additional work, so not much actual work was lost. Still, kinda sucks.

I've attached the model files. Please let me know if there are some log files I might be able to send.

2 REPLIES 2

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
When the hard drive is almost full, Medium can generate 0k .sculpt files without generating an error. 

Last night I noticed my drive space was very low, just a few GB left. Suspecting a low memory scenario may have led to this bug, I ran some experiments to see if I could repro it.  I purposefully filled up the hard drive until just 250MB of space was left and then attempted to use Save As and Quick Save in Medium on a model that was about 150MB large. Sure enough, under those conditions on my machine, Medium generates a 0k .sculpt file without generating an error.

Please try to repro this. If it can be repro'ed on other systems, then this bug should be considered high priority since it can destroy data. I hope you guys can fix this for the next patch.

Thanks!

MattHickman
Rising Star
Thanks for the info, we're looking into it.