cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download Oculus software

ThatThereTim
Explorer
Howdy,

Got my Rift+Touch today, now trying to download the software. It stalls at 322Mb downloaded, then says "check connection. Sorry, we encountered and error during installation. Please check your connection and try running Oculus Setup again." 

My connection is fine and stable, I've excluded the setup program from my AV, and its running as administrator. There's no other useful info on Oculus' support FAQs.

Is something wrong on Oculus' end maybe?

Does anyone have a direct download for the setup files? Rather than this crappy launcher.
13 REPLIES 13

sjpeters79
Honored Guest
Found a solution that will work. Just right click on the exe and click run as admin. It'll work.

Valkyrie9
Explorer
I tried that, it still didn't work.

ThatThereTim
Explorer

flexy123 said:

The "shitehawk company" is your internet service provider there if you ask me.
I also noticed these intrinsic.dll access errors in my setup logs, but since I never had a problem downloading and installing this can be ignored. Are you possibly running out of space on your HD, temp folder or something?

The HDD is a 1TB Samsung Pro 960 M.2 SSD, fresh install of Win10Pro... which only uses about 40gb... I'm sure 940Gb~ of space is enough for the installer 😉

@sjpeters79 been running the installer as admin from the start (rule of thumb with PCs: always run installers as admin).

droseofc
Protege
Ever fix?