cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undercurrent - Deep Sea Exploration Indie Game

Chard6
Honored Guest

Hi everyone,

This Underwater Exploration demo for the Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Headset will give you a taste for the kind of experience we're crafting within the Unreal Development Kit with Native Headtracking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREE Working Download Links: GOOGLE DRIVE 0.4 OR DROPBOX 0.3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your goal is to explore the level by moving between canisters of air to refuel your submersible. Your oxygen bar is projected onto the glass floor of the cockpit, it will drain slowly unless you are next to a canister. To complete each level, follow the lights through the environment to reach the exit located in the hull of the ship. There are two levels for this demo experience, complete the first to load the second.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

- Plug in your Oculus Rift

- Set desktop resolution to 1280x720 or 1920x1080 and Duplicate Screens

- Download ‘UnderCurrent α0.3 - Demo Download'

- Install ‘UnderCurrent α0.3 - Demo Download’

- Launch Game upon completion from shortcut or ‘/Binaries/Win32’ & launch ‘UDK.exe’

- Hit F11 a couple times until the game is full screen with stereo vision and black circles around the edges which denote the image warp

- Use a USB Windows Xbox Controller or WASD + Arrowkeys or Mouse to move.

Please Enjoy! Any feedback, bugs or questions please send to: undercurrentgame@gmail.com

Thanks for looking!
Richard.
Hammerhead & Hyperast Please spare us a like on social platforms: Facebook, Twitter
41 REPLIES 41

Chard6
Honored Guest
Hey there,
We greatly appreciate the support, suggestions and especially the criticism, as it will help us improve the game!
Hammerhead & Hyperast Please spare us a like on social platforms: Facebook, Twitter

Krisper
Explorer
Loving this game. I am guessing you probably already have some divers on your team, but if not and you would like to get some feedback from a divers perspective, I would be happy to be involved in some testing for you. Or I can just wait for the demo 🙂

drash
Heroic Explorer
Looks really interesting! I read a comment somewhere else that the water feels too thin / gravity appears too strong from the gameplay video, but this didnt look that bad at all. All depends on how heavy that submersible is. 🙂 It makes me want to go exploring!

You've got little sea particles flying right into the cockpit though. Possibly would break immersion in VR but not sure how easy it would be to have them collide/disappear when hitting the window.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

cybereality
Grand Champion
This looks amazing!!! Would love to try on the Rift.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

unclebob
Honored Guest
Posted some thoughts on Reddit.

Looks fab. Check out Cenote Diving - Mexican Cave Diving

http://tinyurl.com/ckb78qr

Some of the best underwater lighting you will get... curtains of light, iridescent blues great visibility and light dark contrasts.

Feel free to drop by....http://www.VRCraftworks.com and contact us

AlphaRay
Protege
Wow! Looks fantastic, guys! I am really looking forward to playing this.

gray
Honored Guest
This will be very cool!

sayitaintjonas
Honored Guest
I love the art design on this. Looking forward to some 3D video previews 🙂

Dessimat0r
Honored Guest
Maybe some kind of reflection on the glass so you can see your own reflection would be a cool touch 😄 (like in Metroid with the visor). Also some kind of cockpit lookaround if you haven't implemented it yet, so it doesn't feel like you have no body. I'll try out the demo when I get home 🙂

hgrey
Honored Guest
As others have said, it would be nice to see a playable demo for this. Looks graphically interesting though. I've found so far the most interesting things to try on the rift are simulations (flight especially) but I think a submarine would be a great thing to experience.