cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First 25 minutes of Robo Recall, the graphics are STUNNING!

Moon920
Protege
12 REPLIES 12

CrashFu
Consultant

Moon920 said:

My only major gripe is the amount of robots that attack at once, it doesn't give me much time to get creative with the de-limbing.  I guess the accuracy seems off a bit too but that's probably in settings.  I just don't want to fiddle with settings when I'm having this much fun in-game.

If you're getting overwhelmed, here are some strategies you can try:

• Stagger or knock-down one or more enemies briefly by chucking something at them or hitting them with a melee attack  (bare fists tend to knock bots down, while hitting them with guns or robot limbs sends them flying!), then work on 'recalling' others while they recover.
  • Grab enemies and use them as shields to block attacks while you shoot at other robots. You might not even have to bother finishing off the one you grab, if his friends kill him for you.  In a pinch, you can use your hostage for the above tip.
  • Teleport behind cover, or to spots where only some of the enemies present have an immediate line of sight to you.
  • Just teleport as often as possible, in general, when in a panic. Teleporting briefly slows time, gets you out of the way of any incoming bullets, and makes the enemies have to take a second to reacquire their target (IE you).
  • Get in the habit of physically ducking / side-stepping bullets and or smacking them away with your guns.

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Moon920
Protege
Good call, I haven't taken any hostages but that's a good idea.  Maybe a headless hostage so I don't have to listen to him, muhauahahaHa!

Oh nice, I didn't realize you could smack bullets away with your guns, same with SUPERHOT.  My 7-year-old son showed me you could smack bullets away with SUPERHOT, good tip for sure.

I just played some more Robo Recall tonight, I can't get over how great the sound and effects are.  I only played 3 more levels and they introduced a lot, I'm uploading a part 2 video now..  Can't wait to see where this rabbit hole goes.

Moon920
Protege
Here is PART 2!  Highlighted moments in the video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2v2Y_-Ff1o