cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU hungry Robo Recall?

JulianQ
Honored Guest
Anyone else surprised by how much gpu juice it takes to power Robo Recall?  So I'm running a Fury X, 5820k @4.5GHZ, 32Gb DDR4 - but leaving resolution setting at 1.0 I'm getting judders in the game - it is only occasional -  but surprised me.  I'm not pretending to have the latest or greatest hardware -but thought I'd be all good in VR until the end of the year before needing to upgrade.  Running the Oculus debug tool - leaving the Pixel per Display at 1.0 and in game at 1.0 - I have at best 5% headroom on my GPU - and at worst well into negative figures.  At 1.3 Pixel per Display override it becomes almost unplayable.  Which is a shame because the difference between 1.0 and 1.3 in terms of resolution/graphic quality is significant and has a huge impact on immersion - for me anyway.  
I'm able to play other games on higher resolutions - so Edge of Nowhere runs no problem at 1.5, as does Elite Dangerous.
Don't get me wrong - absolutely love the game - but if more titles come out needing higher powered GPUs to fully enjoy - looks like I'll be needing to upgrade to either 1080ti or Vega in a few months - which was an expense I wasn't anticipating!
14 REPLIES 14

elboffor
Consultant

well I run a 1070ftw and keep a solid 90fps at a pd of 1.4

The rest of my specs are much lower than yours, so it's definitely graphical horsepower letting you down, or features at least.

cpu = i7 950 3.07 Ghz @ 4.2 (gen 1!)

ram = 12 GB DDR3 triple channel

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
I'm running a 1080 with a 6600k i7 4ghz on 1.5 and it's smooth as silk for me

Anonymous
Not applicable
Running a 1080 here with an I7 4820K @ 4.5 GHZ and it is very smooth for me, graphics maxed out and PD of 1.5

assettomio
Adventurer
Ran perfectly fine on a 1060 and i5 6500, a solid 90fps without any drops, I think it will just always use your gpu to the max depending on which gpu you have.. I guess it can calculate that by itself

nalex66
MVP
MVP
i7 5820K at 4.25 GHz, GTX 1080 SC, resolution set at 1.5, butter-smooth.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

falken76
Expert Consultant
My 1060 on a i7 2600k plays it perfectly fine.  I'll have to try playing with Pixel Density, mine is on default but the graphics look very good, how much better do they get?  I'm getting the feeling I'm not picky enough about the graphic quality of games these days.

HeadRusch1
Protege
2600k@4.7Ghz (Unsupported CPU) + 980 Ti Hybrid overclocked as far as she'll go.......don't seem to be having any issues but haven't looked at the dev tool to see what frames I'm actually getting but noticed nothing but smooth frames and panic during my limited plays so far....

Is anyone else jumping over to Raw Data....similar vein but having to navigate the world of VIVE is frustration as the control maps aren't 100% ideal (pushing on the sticks on the Touch controllers is really not an ideal way to trigger the state of the joystick, we need some remapping wrappers....

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Is anyone else jumping over to Raw Data....similar vein but having to navigate the world of VIVE is frustration as the control maps aren't 100% ideal (pushing on the sticks on the Touch controllers is really not an ideal way to trigger the state of the joystick, we need some remapping wrappers....

Raw Data is supposed to be coming to the Oculus Store soon, so I'm just going to wait for that rather than getting it on Steam.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

XMerc
Expert Protege
I havn't changed any of the default settings but my AMD 390X seems to play it butter smooth.