cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • In Oculus Store, you can now report user reviews as spam.
    • You'll no longer have to leave VR to finish installing new apps and games when they're done downloading if you have administrator privileges on your Windows User Account.
    • You can now mirror audio out of the Rift headset to your computer speakers, under Settings -> Devices in the Oculus app.
  • Bug-fixes:
    • Improved Oculus Home
      • Fixed issue with the appearance of Oculus Home on first launch.
    • Improved tracking quality with Oculus Rift and Touch.
      • Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR. These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in 1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away. We improved that process to be smoother and more reliable. We will continue to work on further improvements in these areas.
    • Improved support for Unity content.
      • Fixed freezing and black-screen issues when switching back to an app or game from Universal Menu, or when un-pausing an app or game.
      • Fixed texture rendering and color rendering issues for certain types of overlays.
    • Improved support for Unreal Engine UE4 content.
      • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
      • Fixed rendering efficiency issue with intermediate render targets.
146 Comments
phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer

MrPark94 said:
when i run a full set up.. and when i come to the point with the calibration of the touch controllers.
the program asks me,to put one touch controller at eye level,but no matter what i do.. it cant find the touch controller.

I had this issue as well with 1.11 and didn't realise that as cybereality says, at this stage ALL sensors must be able to see the touch controller. Once you are aware of that fact you should be able to get past this stage relatively easily. You may have to stand in a weird position to make sure your body doesn't block the main ring of the Touch controller.
nrosko
Superstar
I didn't notice that there was an update & just thought i would try touch again & reset every up just one more time. I noticed an immediate improvement in fact it was perfect for me & finally got to enjoy touch. Now i see this post it makes sense that they finally did it.  Now maybe i will invest in a fourth sensor. 

If the devs read this please can you improve the way we organise our library? It really is essential to be able to create categories for a library, maybe i'm ocd but simple a-z, recent & comfort is not good enough.
Also when browsing the store & you view a game & come back out it takes you to the start of the store.   
Kano_Connor
Explorer

MrPark94 said:

I did some testing today.. and so far ..so good.. the height glitch is gone.. no more stuttering etc.
i only have one problem.. i had this from the update before this,and i hoped this updat resolved it..

when i run a full set up.. and when i come to the point with the calibration of the touch controllers.
the program asks me,to put one touch controller at eye level,but no matter what i do.. it cant find the touch controller.
I tried everything.. i have a small room with a 3 sensor set up.. i tried moving the sensors closer to each other..
even when i hold the touch controller in front of one sensor.. it cant see it..
the only thing left to do is to skip that segment in set up.. it automaticly also skips the boundary setup.

everything works fine.. the tracking is good etc.. But ican not understand why i cant setup my system properly.
2 updat for this one.. it was no problem..

does anybody else experiencing this set up mess 😉  thx in advance

Make sure your headset is visible too, it wont work unless it is 🙂
MrPark94
Protege
Thx for the replies guys.. i am in the centre of my 3 sensors..and tried alot in that centre ring.. but i will keep trying..i hope it works 😉
nrosko
Superstar
just put it above your head
MrPark94
Protege
Thanks all ! i did what you told me and it worked! the only thing is, now and then one sensor disconnects and connects again.. you hear the sound in windows.
that didnt occur in previous updates.. i only got an out of sync error on one of the sensors..
but when i activated the HMD .. that was gone.. 
i have the 2 front facing sensors in the inateck card,the 3rd sensor in a usb 2.0 on my moba..and the hmd in a 3.0 also on my moba..
that works the best for me,becausse if i put al of the sensors and the hmd in the inateck card.. it is to much for the card to handle. 
but mostly everything works as intended.. i am very glad overall.. only the one sensor.. but i will keep trying to mix things up 😉
MrPark94
Protege

MrPark94 said:

I did some testing today.. and so far ..so good.. the height glitch is gone.. no more stuttering etc.
i only have one problem.. i had this from the update before this,and i hoped this updat resolved it..

I tried everything.. i have a small room with a 3 sensor set up.. i tried moving the sensors closer to each other..
even when i hold the touch controller in front of one sensor.. it cant see it..
the only thing left to do is to skip that segment in set up.. it automaticly also skips the boundary setup.

everything works fine.. the tracking is good etc.. But ican not understand why i cant setup my system properly.
2 updat for this one.. it was no problem..

does anybody else experiencing this set up mess 😉  thx in advance

Make sure your headset is visible too, it wont work unless it is 🙂

Lol 😉 i did it with the headset stil in the stand.. becausse oculus does not tell you in set up..that the headset must be visible..and it works..  but thx i will do it tomorrow one more time and i wil keep the headset visible..

Anonymous
Not applicable

MrPark94 said:

Thanks all ! i did what you told me and it worked! the only thing is, now and then one sensor disconnects and connects again.. you hear the sound in windows.
that didnt occur in previous updates.. i only got an out of sync error on one of the sensors..
i have the 2 front facing sensors in the inateck card

Make sure if you have not already, that sleep is disabled for each sensor as well as the HMD. That Innatek card does not save that setting upon a reboot, so it must be disabled each boot. I had a big problem with that before finding that out.

Also AppolyonVR has a great tray tool that you can set to run at startup that disables all of those Innatek devices with each boot as well - that is what I use.  You can find it here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disc...
MrPark94
Protege

MrPark94 said:

I had this issue as well with 1.11 and didn't realise that as cybereality says, at this stage ALL sensors must be able to see the touch controller. Once you are aware of that fact you should be able to get past this stage relatively easily. You may have to stand in a weird position to make sure your body doesn't block the main ring of the Touch controller.

yes it worked.. i think my body was blocking the sensor.. thx alot!
MrPark94
Protege

dburne said:

MrPark94 said:

Make sure if you have not already, that sleep is disabled for each sensor as well as the HMD. That Innatek card does not save that setting upon a reboot, so it must be disabled each boot. I had a big problem with that before finding that out.

Also AppolyonVR has a great tray tool that you can set to run at startup that disables all of those Innatek devices with each boot as well - that is what I use.  You can find it here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disc...

Thank you so much..i was aware of that option .. but every time when i unchecked that box,with a reboot..it was checked again.. so i left it at that.. but you say it is better to disable it..after every reboot.. thx i will do that then.
and thx for the link..i will check that tommorow.. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrPark94 said:

dburne said:

MrPark94 said:

Thank you so much..i was aware of that option .. but every time when i unchecked that box,with a reboot..it was checked again.. so i left it at that.. but you say it is better to disable it..after every reboot.. thx i will do that then.

Yes for the items plugged into that Innatek card, each one has to have power management disabled upon each cold boot or reboot. So that is likely why you are getting those sensor disconnects. You will see the sensors listed under Oculus VR Devices ( disable for each sensor plugged into the Innatek card), and the HMD under Universal Serial Bus Controller - it will be listed as Fresco Logic Root Hub.

I really like using that tray tool, takes care of all of it in one swoop at each boot and I don't have to go into each item in Device Manager each time I boot the PC.

Why in the world Innatek, or Fresco Logic, wrote their software to do that is beyond me.
elboffor
Consultant
open notepad and paste in the below.
save the file as power.cmd (on the drop down select All files and not Text Document .txt)
right click the new command file you made and run as administrator everytime you boot your pc.

job done

;@echo off
;Findstr -rbv ; %0 | powershell -c -
;goto:sCode

#Requires -Version 3.0
#Requires -RunAsAdministrator

# This script will disable all USB power saving settings on the system, in particular those associated with the Oculus Rift or Fresco Logic controllers.
# It should run fine on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
# If you have Windows 7, you will need to update Powershell first. Download and install (in order):
# 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642
# 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40855

# To run:
# Save the script as 'OculusUSBfix.ps1' somewhere. Open the file's properties and check 'Unblock' and click Apply.
# Go to Start, Windows Powershell, right click and select 'Run as administrator'.
# Type 'Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned' once to be able to run PowerShell scripts (Or 'Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted' if you did not unblock the file.)
# Go to the folder where you saved the script and run it.

# These are the USB hardware IDs that we want to disable the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' setting on.
# If you want to disable another USB devices power management, go to device manager, the properties of the device, details tab, Device ID / instance path, and copy the 'VID_nnnn&PID_nnnn' (Vendor ID and Product ID) to the following list. VID_2833 is Oculus VR LLC.
$DeviceIDs = (
"VID_2833&PID_0211", # Oculus Rift Sensor
"VID_2833&PID_0330", # Oculus Rift HMD
"VID_2833&PID_0031", # Oculus Rift HMD
"ROOT_HUB_FL30" # Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root Hub
)

# The script starts here.
Write-Output "Starting script to fix Oculus Rift related USB power problems, and tune Fresco Logic USB settings."
Write-Output "This script will not check USB driver versions or fix any physical issues. If the problem persists, the following may help:"
Write-Output "- Check if you are running known good USB controller drivers or update them to a newer version."
Write-Output "- Mount the sensors right-side-up."
Write-Output "- Do not connect more than 2 sensors to the same USB controller on USB3 ports. Either use an extra card with USB3 ports, use USB2 ports, or use a USB2 extension cable."
Write-Output "- Test without USB and HDMI extension cables."
Write-Output "- Temporarily disconnect unneeded USB devices (The dongle for the Xbox controller is known to be bad about sharing the USB bus)."
Write-Output "- Close down any software that might be using the CPU in the background while you play. (Steam, Origin, Battle.net, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)."

# To track if we make changes anywhere.
$ChangesMade = $False
$IsRebootRequired=$False

# Initiate a CIM session to use in the following CIM commands.
Try {
$CIM_Session = New-CimSession -ErrorAction Stop
} catch {
Throw "Could not establish a CIM session. The script cannot run."
}

# If the 'USB 3 Link Power Management' option is currently hidden.
$RegPath = "Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3\d4e98f31-5ffe-4ce1-be31-1b38b384c009"
# If the USB 3 Link Power Management option exists (Windows 7 does not have this setting, so we cannot set it.)
If ( Test-Path $RegPath ) {
If ( (Get-ItemProperty -Path $RegPath).Attributes -ne 2 ) {
Write-Output "Unhiding the 'USB 3 Link Power Management' option in 'Power Options', 'Edit Plan settings', 'Change advanced power settings', 'USB Settings'."
Set-ItemProperty -Path $RegPath -Name "Attributes" -Value 2
# We made a change. Track this.
$ChangesMade = $True
}
}

# Get the currently active power plan.
$CurrentPowerPlan = $PowerPlans | Where-Object { $_.IsActive }

# Make a list of power plans in the system. We are mainly interested in the current power plan, the 'High Powerformance' power plan that the oculus changes to.
If ( $CurrentPowerPlan.InstanceID -like "*{a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a}" ) {
# If the current power plan is the "Power Saver" power plan we are going to change all the power plans.
$PowerPlans = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerPlan -Namespace "root\cimv2\power"
} Else {
# If the current power plan is not the "Power Saver" power plan we can exclude it from our list.
$PowerPlans = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerPlan -Namespace "root\cimv2\power" | Where-Object { $_.InstanceID -notlike "*{a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a}" }
}

# For each power plan in our list of power plans.
Foreach ( $PowerPlan in $PowerPlans ) {
# Get the currently configured 'USB selective suspend setting' under power options.
$FilterString = "%$(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).SubString(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).Length-38))%AC%{48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226}"
$USBSuspendSetting = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerSettingDataIndex -Namespace "root\cimv2\power" -Filter "InstanceID like '$FilterString'"

# If 'USB selective suspend setting' is currently enabled.
If ( $USBSuspendSetting.SettingIndexValue -ne 0 ) {
Write-Output "Changing 'Power Options', '$($PowerPlan.ElementName)', 'Change (current) plan settings', 'Change advanced power settings', 'USB settings', 'USB selective suspend setting' to Disabled."
$USBSuspendSetting | Set-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -Property @{SettingIndexValue = 0}
# If this power plan is the currently active power plan.
If ( $PowerPlan.IsActive ) {
Write-Output "Reactivating power plan $($PowerPlan.ElementName) to ensure our change is applied right now."
$return = Invoke-CimMethod -CimSession $Cim_Session -InputObject $PowerPlan -MethodName Activate -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
If ( !$return ) {
Throw "There was an error while applying the power policy change."
}
}
$ChangesMade = $True
}

# Get the currently configured 'USB 3 Link Power Mangement' under power options.
$FilterString = "%$(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).SubString(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).Length-38))%AC%{d4e98f31-5ffe-4ce1-be31-1b38b384c009}"
$USBLinkPowerManagementSetting = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerSettingDataIndex -Namespace "root\cimv2\power" -Filter "InstanceID like '$FilterString'"

# If the USB 3 Link Power Management option exists (Windows 7 does not have this setting, so we cannot set it.)
If ( $USBLinkPowerManagementSetting ) {
# If 'USB 3 Link Power Mangement' is not set to 'Off'
If ( $USBLinkPowerManagementSetting.SettingIndexValue -ne 0 ) {
Write-Output "Changing 'Power Options', '$($PowerPlan.ElementName)', 'Change (current) plan settings', 'Change advanced power settings', 'USB settings', 'USB 3 Link Power Mangement' to Off."
$USBLinkPowerManagementSetting | Set-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -Property @{SettingIndexValue = 0}
# If this power plan is the currently active power plan.
If ( $PowerPlan.IsActive ) {
Write-Output "Reactivating power plan $($PowerPlan.ElementName) to ensure our change is applied right now."
$return = Invoke-CimMethod -CimSession $Cim_Session -InputObject $PowerPlan -MethodName Activate -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
If ( !$return.ReturnValue ) {
Throw "There was an error while applying the power policy change."
}
}
$ChangesMade = $True
}
}
}

# Get a list of all the USB devices in the system so we can find user friendly names.
$USBDevices = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $CIM_Session -ClassName Win32_PnPEntity -Namespace "root\cimv2"

# Get a list of all devices with power management in the system.
$PowerDevices = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName "MSPower_DeviceEnable" -Namespace "root\wmi"

# For each device with power management in the system.
Foreach ( $PowerDevice in $PowerDevices ) {
# Check against the entire list of DeviceIDs defined at the beginning of the script.
Foreach ( $DeviceID in $DeviceIDs ) {
$PowerDeviceUpperCase = $PowerDevice.InstanceName.ToUpper()
$DeviceIDUpperCase = $DeviceID.ToUpper()
# Find where the USB device is the power device.
If ( "$PowerDeviceUpperCase" -like "*$DeviceIDUpperCase*" ) {
# If 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is enabled.
If ( $PowerDevice.Enable ) {
# Retrieve the name of the USB device so we can display a user friendly name.
$USBDevice = $USBDevices | Where-Object { $_.DeviceID -eq ($PowerDevice.InstanceName -replace "_0$") }
$USBDeviceName = $USBDevice.Name
Write-Output "Disabling 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power', under 'Device Manager', '$USBDeviceName', 'Properties'."
$PowerDevice | Set-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -Property @{Enable = $False}
$ChangesMade = $True
}
}
}
}

# If a driver for a Fresco Logic FL1xxx USB controller is installed.
If ( Test-Path -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters ) {
# If the U1U2LowPower registry setting does not exist or is not set to disabled (0).
If ( (Get-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters).U1U2LowPower -ne 0 ) {
Write-Output "Adding registry key 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters\U1U2LowPower' to disable low power states for Fresco Logic USB controllers."
Try {
New-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters -Name U1U2LowPower -PropertyType DWORD -Value 0 -Force | Out-Null
} catch {
Throw "Could not create registry key."
}
$ChangesMade = $true
# A registry setting change will not be picked up by the driver until the computer is rebooted. Track this.
$IsRebootRequired = $true
}
# If the BulkInRingBuffers does not exist is not set to decimal 256.
If ( (Get-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters).BulkInRingBuffers -ne 256 ) {
Write-Output "Adding registry key 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters\BulkInRingBuffers' to increase buffers for Fresco Logic USB controllers."
Try {
New-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters -Name BulkInRingBuffers -PropertyType DWORD -Value 256 -Force | Out-Null
} catch {
Throw "Could not create registry key."
}
$ChangesMade = $true
# A registry setting change will not be picked up by the driver until the computer is rebooted. Track this.
$IsRebootRequired = $true
}
}

# If we made any change.
If ( $ChangesMade ) {
If ( $IsRebootRequired ) {
Write-Output "Changes were applied. Due to changes in the registry for the Fresco Logic USB controller driver a REBOOT IS REQUIRED before the changes take effect."
} Else {
Try {
Write-Output "Restarting the Oculus VR Runtime Service to ensure it works okay."
# We restart the Oculus VR Runtime only if a reboot of the computer isn't required.
Get-Service -Name "OVRService" -ErrorAction Stop | Restart-Service -ErrorAction Stop
Write-Output "Changes were applied. No reboot is required."
} catch {
Write-Output "WARNING: Could not restart the Oculus VR Runtime Service. You may have to reboot before the changes take effect."
}
}
} Else {
Write-Output "No changes were needed."
}

# Close the CIM session.
Remove-CimSession -CimSession $CIM_Session -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

;:sCode
;echo done
;pause & goto :eof

kzintzi
Trustee
nice script @elboffor - love it when people use powershell in awesome ways 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Xbox One streaming from Oculus Rift 

Party chat is not working.

My friend is playing on Xbox One not through Oculus, but I am streaming through the Rift and I can't talk to him even with the mic in Rift. I can hear him, but like I said he can't hear me when I talk.

-Oculus Brand Ambassador WI | IL 
MrPark94
Protege

dburne said:

MrPark94 said:

dburne said:

MrPark94 said:

Yes for the items plugged into that Innatek card, each one has to have power management disabled upon each cold boot or reboot. So that is likely why you are getting those sensor disconnects. You will see the sensors listed under Oculus VR Devices ( disable for each sensor plugged into the Innatek card), and the HMD under Universal Serial Bus Controller - it will be listed as Fresco Logic Root Hub.

I really like using that tray tool, takes care of all of it in one swoop at each boot and I don't have to go into each item in Device Manager each time I boot the PC.

Why in the world Innatek, or Fresco Logic, wrote their software to do that is beyond me.

Thx for the tool..it seems to work.. the only thing i dont understand.. when i look at my oculus vr decvces..the power managment is unchekt at every reboot. so that works 😉
But Fresco Logic Root Hub is checked for power management.. so i do have to ucheck that box manualy..
but overall i had no disconnects..  fingers crossed 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrPark94 said:

dburne said:

MrPark94 said:

dburne said:

MrPark94 said:

Thx for the tool..it seems to work.. the only thing i dont understand.. when i look at my oculus vr decvces..the power managment is unchekt at every reboot. so that works 😉
But Fresco Logic Root Hub is checked for power management.. so i do have to ucheck that box manualy..
but overall i had no disconnects..  fingers crossed 😉

Good deal, glad to help!
No, even though in device manager it shows power management enabled, that tool has it disabled - so do not uncheck. I saw the same thing but I never got another disconnect, so I didn't mess with it in device manager any more.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wildt said:

Nacaryus said:

Try restarting Oculus. Go into Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus.

will the games get deleted if i do, still with 1.11

No

still with 1.11  :'(
Memosis
Explorer

Anyone else having issues with latest Oculus runtime (Oculus App 1.12) and multi-monitor setup? I have 3 monitors and the primary one connected via dual-link DVI disappears completely from Windows approximately 15-20 minutes after I stop playing in VR.

I suspect Oculus headset/runtime going to sleep or something like that. Because when I open display settings in Windows and perform Detect, the monitor is not found. But if I perform Beta/Restart in Oculus app, the monitor is detected again.

I have been using my Rift from August 2016 and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.

Greyman
Superstar
Does the new audio mirroring feature only work with software launched through OH?

i am sure that I have set it up correctly, as I can hear the OH sounds, crackling fire etc., via both the headset and my speakers.  However, when I load Raceroom, which I got via Steam, the sound only comes out of the default Windows sound device, which by the way I have set as the speakers. Setting the rift as default seems to stop mirroring working altogether.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
SteamVR has its own audio settings, so maybe there's a way there? I think the OH audio steaming will be limited to apps launched from Home.
Greyman
Superstar
that's awesome thanks @nalex66.  I've just found the Steam VR audio settings and it allows you to select a primary and mirror destination for sound, i guess for any game that uses it.

i suppose it should have been obvious, but what can i say?  i'm getting on a bit now.  🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
PROBLEM FIXED! - by going into Oculus Home Settings on monitor and simply using the RESTART OCULUS (for me this is in the BETA MENU at the bottom of the list as I must use v1.3.2 to avoid the SSE4.2 cpu check).
Happy to play once again 😉
LeaderOfTheBlin
Explorer

Thot said:

somebody see a good work with 4 sensor since 1.12?

Yes!! 4 sensors works as expected now 🙂 I *very* occasionally have to unplug/plug in the Rifts USB cable to get audio but once done it remains working until I reboot my machine. A huge, massive improvement over before where 4 was worse than 3!! 

No USB expansion cards, mix of USB2/3 on the motherboard, active USB3 extension leads EVERYWHERE. 
Thot
Protege
Thanks, me too 4 sensors are Nice, only fast movements are glichy 
Trip_Rodriguez
Explorer
So Oculus stopped working for me, and the timing seems right for it to have been 1.12 that caused it. =(

It worked fine yesterday.  Today I turned on my computer and got "can't reach Oculus Runtime" message and then the Oculus window popped up flashing the Oculus logo but can't close it except through task manager.  

Did some google searching and tried a few things including checking that the runtime is running (it is) and starting and stopping it several times.

Still no luck.  Now at considerable cost of time and convenience given all the unrelated software I'll have to reinstall I did a fresh install of Windows 10, sure that this would fix it.  

Just installed Oculus again and still get exactly the same result. =(  

HALP!  

UPDATE:  You guys aren't going to believe this... but apparently this problem and also my computer having issues not being able to shutdown/restart correctly were being caused by my Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset being plugged into a USB 3.0 port. D=  I totally forgot I had unplugged it and plugged it back in earlier today, apparently to a different port.  Who would have thought?  Well there went several hours of my life!
cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting. I hadn't heard of audio headsets conflicting, but that's good to know.
XlordB
Adventurer

Interesting. I hadn't heard of audio headsets conflicting, but that's good to know.

not the headset per say more likely just his usb having a brain fart! 🙂 :pensive:

Chazmeister
Rising Star
I know this has been asked for before, but any chance we can have multiple tracking profiles in the next release?

Right now every time I swap between my single sensor seated setup and my Touch setup, which are in different areas of my livingroom, it means having to go through setting up the tracking every single time. With my Touch setup that can be particularly irksome because I don't have direct access to my monitor screen as I'm doing it. I have my sensors in fixed positions now, so it would be nice to be able to simply switch between tracking profiles when going from playing Touch games back to seated games and visa versa. Right now it means I have to dedicate my Rift play sessions to either one or the other, which isn't ideal.
XlordB
Adventurer
aChazmeister said:

I know this has been asked for before, but any chance we can have multiple tracking profiles in the next release?

Right now every time I swap between my single sensor seated setup and my Touch setup, which are in different areas of my livingroom, it means having to go through setting up the tracking every single time. With my Touch setup that can be particularly irksome because I don't have direct access to my monitor screen as I'm doing it. I have my sensors in fixed positions now, so it would be nice to be able to simply switch between tracking profiles when going from playing Touch games back to seated games and visa versa. Right now it means I have to dedicate my Rift play sessions to either one or the other, which isn't ideal.

are you unable to have your single seated experience within the roomscale setup? as in set up your sensors in your living room to include your sitting area. I have mine in constant roomscale and i can sit at my desk as if it was a single sensor experience. 
phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer

Why not just carve out the seated area in the Touch setup?

My playspace
http://imgur.com/FF4oW6C

The area I carved out for Touch.
http://imgur.com/QgSDahe

Remember the setup of both Home/Steam will always find the best
rectangular space that will fit in the shape you draw in setup. This
rectangle is used for most of the roomscale experiences.

The same layout for Steam
http://imgur.com/oSbYuqV

I now can us that front left area for seated while using the main area for roomscale.

elboffor
Consultant
You could use this - https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50439
Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
I noticed a slight bug.  There is a slight screen jump sometimes when moving and using the touch controllers.   This is also mentioned by another user.

@breammaster as this is what he mentioned in another post... Every now and then, i notice the world shift ever so slightly. When it happens its usually after I've looked downwards and pressed a button on the touch. It's not something that i can replicate. It happens a few times each session. It never happened till 1.12. I recently also reinstalled windows. I've repositioned my sensors to bring them closer. Rerun setup many times. Anyone else notice this happening?
bosy_princ
Protege
@e_m_d88 I know what you are talking about. It happens to me even without pressing any buttons and I also feel it is related to Touch, their visibility and movement. 🙂 I believe Oculus is working on this issue already.
Javelin396
Adventurer
@breammaster as this is what he mentioned in another post... Every now and then, i notice the world shift ever so slightly. When it happens its usually after I've looked downwards and pressed a button on the touch. It's not something that i can replicate. It happens a few times each session. It never happened till 1.12. I recently also reinstalled windows. I've repositioned my sensors to bring them closer. Rerun setup many times. Anyone else notice this happening?
 ive noticed this happening too in arizona sunshine when trying to bend down to pick stuff up out of the back of vans and off the ground
Chazmeister
Rising Star

XlordB said:

aChazmeister said:

are you unable to have your single seated experience within the roomscale setup? as in set up your sensors in your living room to include your sitting area. I have mine in constant roomscale and i can sit at my desk as if it was a single sensor experience. 

My computer and my Touch area are in two different places unfortunately.

My PC is up on a small balcony area that overlooks my living room space. The PC area is fine for seated stuff obviously but there's nowhere near enough room for any kind of Touch stuff. So I run extension cables over the balcony to the living room area below. It works fine but it means reconfiguring the play area every time I want to use Touch. Which, when I have to keep running up and down the stairs to do it as I can't see the screen from the living room, is a real pain in the arse.
Chazmeister
Rising Star

Adinsx12 said:

ive noticed this happening too in arizona sunshine when trying to bend down to pick stuff up out of the back of vans and off the ground

I'm also getting this with a single sensors setup when I play Elite Dangerous. Like a slight shift up or down every now and then. Not sure what causes it. Only started happening since this latest patch.
Anonymous
Not applicable
After trying to get max settings in NoLimits2 whilst running it with Virtual Desktop in background it has once again got stutters even with ASW supposedly disabled by Left CNTRL + Numpad 1. I have tried the OCULUS RESTART which had fixed this before and tried unplugging CV1 USB and in again and also trying the Configure Rift>Full Setup again. It is totally not playable and yet the demos are smooth. 

PLEASE DO GET RID OF ASW BY OPTION IN HOME.
AND STOP USING SSE4.2 CPU CHECK!
CV1 + GTX1080SC2 RUINED!
OVER £1100 WASTED.
elboffor
Consultant

XlordB said:

aChazmeister said:

My computer and my Touch area are in two different places unfortunately.

My PC is up on a small balcony area that overlooks my living room space. The PC area is fine for seated stuff obviously but there's nowhere near enough room for any kind of Touch stuff. So I run extension cables over the balcony to the living room area below. It works fine but it means reconfiguring the play area every time I want to use Touch. Which, when I have to keep running up and down the stairs to do it as I can't see the screen from the living room, is a real pain in the arse.

Thats why i made this tool @Chazmeister
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50439 ;
Chazmeister
Rising Star

elboffor said:

#snip#

Thats why i made this tool @Chazmeister
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50439 ;

Great stuff! I'll have a look into that, thank you.
0x0BADC0DE
Honored Guest
I've been having a problem getting my oculus to show video for sometime now. I don't know what caused it, but I did get it working again.

It was not USB connections as some have described. I have a 4K 65" OLED TV/Monitor and:
2x1070 GTX and 4K Bridge from MSI and latest NVidia drivers as of today.
64GB RAM Corsair Dominator
3x512GB Samsung PRO SSDs in RAID 0
MSI God Like Gaming Motherboard
6900K  (8 core, 3.2 GHz) overclocked to 3.8 GHz
Latest Audio Drivers using the onboard audio
Latest BIOS updates for the motherboard
wireless USB keyboard and mouse from Logitech
Game pad plugged into USB (I don't like cordless game pads)
No headphones for playing games using USB I use old fashion 1/8" jack.

At a point, I had to set my resolution to 1080p to use the oculus rift otherwise my computer screen went blank and nothing worked display wise and I had to restart using the button on the computer case. This was when I first got my headset and 4K screen.

I've been working with Ryder at Oculus Support and they could not figure out the problem. Everything showed up in the oculus panel as being detected and correctly connected, but no video. They wanted me to check for kinks in cables, unplug then plug everything back in. Check pins on the HDMI connection make sure they were not bent.

I disabled windows defender because that did cause Forza Horizon 3 (FH3) to crash. I know my VPN I use for work also caused FH3 to crash. I got the latest windows update on March 17, 2017 and that did not change anything either.

I finally disabled SLI and my headset worked.

It is clear now that none of the oculus rift games use SLI. Project Cars supports SLI but the settings are the same as before when SLI didn't have to be disabled and there is no change in the performance.  War Thunder is also SLI but I now know it is not support with the oculus rift.
cybereality
Grand Champion
SLI is not supported at all, and is in fact disabled when using VR. However, normally it should not cause any problems. So if you have an SLI system and you load a VR game, SLI will be disabled in the background and everything should run fine (and will be re-enabled on exit). If it's causing problems, then that is something new.
Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

As a feedback on 1.12:

Up to now everything is rock-stable for me with improved tracking quality compared to earlier versions.

And I also believe this "wireless sync timed out" that was occassionally reported to one of the sensors while the headset was in idle has been reduced or even fixed. Currently can't remember when I had this last time and it might be it never happened since 1.12.

Thanks!

Edit (as I read about possible issues with multi monitor setups):

I use a fairly simple setup here:

• Windows 10, Asus P8P67LE with i3770K CPU, 16GB RAM, no overclock.
  • MSI TwinFrozr GTX970 with 1 Monitor on DVI and Rift on HDMI.
  • 3 Sensors all on Innatek KTu3Fr-4P with FLUSB3.0-3.6.9.0a with one of the sensors in USB 2.0 mode using the included extension cable.
  • HMD on onboard ASMedia USB 3.0
DarkTrick
Honored Guest

Memosis said:

Anyone else having issues with latest Oculus runtime (Oculus App 1.12) and multi-monitor setup? I have 3 monitors and the primary one connected via dual-link DVI disappears completely from Windows approximately 15-20 minutes after I stop playing in VR.

I suspect Oculus headset/runtime going to sleep or something like that. Because when I open display settings in Windows and perform Detect, the monitor is not found. But if I perform Beta/Restart in Oculus app, the monitor is detected again.

I have been using my Rift from August 2016 and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.

Ever since 1.12 dropped - my Oculus set up has become completely unusable.

I'm running 3 sensors (2 USB3.0, 1 USB 2.0), on a machine with a 5960 processor and 3 980tis, with a triple monitor setup.

When I run the Oculus app, one of my side monitors constantly flickers on and off - which never happened before the update.

Any launched VR App suffers from horrific lag, where everything was buttery smooth previously.  Even the 2D top down touch calibration screen in the windows app stutters, suffering from what looks like a stable heart-beat of badness as it runs.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this?
Thot
Protege

DarkTrick said:

Memosis said:

I'm running 3 sensors (2 USB3.0, 1 USB 2.0), on a machine with a 5960 processor and 3 980tis, with a triple monitor setup.

When I run the Oculus app, one of my side monitors constantly flickers on and off - which never happened before the update.

Any launched VR App suffers from horrific lag, where everything was buttery smooth previously.  Even the 2D top down touch calibration screen in the windows app stutters, suffering from what looks like a stable heart-beat of badness as it runs.

i think you must seel yours 3 980ti and buy one 1080ti for your 3 monitors. oculus don't support SLI
Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

And I also believe this "wireless sync timed out" that was occassionally reported to one of the sensors while the headset was in idle has been reduced or even fixed. Currently can't remember when I had this last time ...

Hah! Now I can remember. Just had it again, so this does still happen with 1.12.

Never mind on this one 🙂

DarkTrick
Honored Guest

Thot said:

DarkTrick said:

Memosis said:

i think you must seel yours 3 980ti and buy one 1080ti for your 3 monitors. oculus don't support SLI

Everything was working great, prior to 1.12