cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

DrSarcasmo
Honored Guest
Is a push/pull or move tool planned? It's a godsend in Z-Brush for quick character design. Also, being able to import reference images would be a good thing so there is no need to remove the goggles. Otherwise, it's an incredible program. 

harpmaker
Explorer
we need to be able to change where we save or export the work onto our computers 🙂

NekoKunst
Explorer
One thing that would be incredible, and maybe it is already possible and I do not know how yet, but to be able to change the opacity of all materials. It is great to have the ability to change the opacity when applying paint... but opacity with materials would really open up more doors for creating.

Love the app!

Cory_FordVisAus
Explorer
Couple models I had printed , enjoynd6ep52jbsed.jpgonb7ypoitash.jpgoz6f9fp200vt.jpg

Cory_FordVisAus
Explorer
As a VR person developing tools for Automotive design heres a couple things that would be incredibly awesome.

1 .Currently the extrude to line function is locked to a straight curve on the tool head. Would be incredible if we could add a curve with a movable control point into the scene which could then be selected as the extrude path .

2. More flexibility with the quality and sizing of the imported stamps.

3. Would be nice to be able to import one sculpt into another sculpt file without loss of quality.

4. Opportunity to have a home view that returns the model to a lockdown size and position

5. Some kind of indication of the quality / resolution of a layer.

6. A snap to centre symmetry line from the centre of the stamp to allow more accurate symmetry of objects.

7. Inclusion of three plane reference imaging 

Cory_FordVisAus
Explorer
My Steam Punk Glider/copter .. modelled so when I print it the blades should spin !lq64u6z47u4x.png0c89z70zxorb.png

Cory_FordVisAus
Explorer
2dz1gm537irk.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but it would be great to be able to export each layer of our sculpt as an .obj

It makes it much easier to add materials in other peices of software 🙂 Currently you have to hide and export each layer at a time

monstersandmachines
Heroic Explorer
To add to @FrozenPea 's suggestion/request, being able to name layers would be nice - especially if the layer names stay intact once exported. i'd also love to see layer groups or the ability to link layers.

jmbihorel
Explorer
How far is the obj , stl or vdb import option in the improvements of medium? I would really like to be able to import something a bit more high resolution than  the stamps.