cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try Games for a limited time or offer a refund

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have the Oculus Rift CV1 and the touch controllers.
I tried many free stuff on the oculus store, but did not yet buy any game.
The reason is simple: there is no way to try the game or to get a refund (like it is possible in Steam).

It would fantastic if I could try any game for free for 10 minutes.
After that the game closes automatically and I can try it again for 10 minutes (but I start from scratch).

It also would be fantastic if you offer a refund option like I have it on Steam (here I am allowed to give back a game if I have not played it longer than 2 hours in total and if the purchase is not older than 2 weeks).
Then I could give back a game if I really don't like it.
Just some statistics: I am using Steam since 2004 and have 88 games in my library, but I just gage one game in all those years.

There are so many games I want to try out but dare to buy them (without trying or having a discount option):
- Damaged Core
- The Unspoken
- Eve: Valkyrie
- Chronos
- Crystal Rift
- Ocean Rift
- ... (many others)

So please consider these features.

Regards

OLLI
27 REPLIES 27

danknugz
Superstar
theres no way oculus would do this, simply for the fact that 98% of the games on oculus store dont have replay value beyond a few hours anyway, everyone would be refunding everything.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

assettomio
Adventurer
You know, they could also start making longer lasting games, although lucky's tale, edge of nowhere, robo recall and d&b can last you quite a long time..

Anonymous
Not applicable
d&b ?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Drum & Bass, right? He probably means Dead & Buried, of course.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

inovator
Consultant
Your being to cautious. Read reviews look at specs. Watch u tube. If you do that you will almost always make the right choice.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
With all the YouTube playthroughs I just can't see why any company would take the time to do this sort of thing. Besides, it is up to the development studio for the game to create a demo version, not Oculus as a storefront.

Although I do see ten minutes as a reasonable demo time. While it is true that many games range from 3 - 6 hours of total playtime, math dictates that there are 60 minutes in an hour so 10 minutes should be fine. But again, it is up to the development studio.

danknugz
Superstar

https://youtu.be/XRGvGJvuicY
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

cybereality
Grand Champion

danknugz said:

https://youtu.be/XRGvGJvuicY

Nice one! For some reason I thought you only knew about country music.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

falken76
Expert Consultant
Just buy the games that aren't exclusives on Steam and use their refund system since Oculus isn't going to offer it.  For the rest, read the reviews and watch youtube videos.