cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth getting based on my system specs?

hokie4life
Honored Guest
Just demo the Oculus Rift w/ touch at Best Buy and was very impressed. I'm thinking about getting one. I ran the system checker and it states that my system is ready. I'm concerned about what kind of experience I can I really expect based on my system specs:

+ Processor
You have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

+ Graphics Card
You have an AMD Radeon R9 290, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

+ Memory
You have 16 GB of RAM, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

+ Operating System
You're running Windows 10 64-bit, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

+ USB
You have USB 3.0 ports, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

Can anyone provide any advice as to how my experience will be based on this? By experience, I'm mostly concerned with a high frame rate (and any other conditions that may affect the fluid experience I experienced during the demo).

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Should be absolutely fine, as stated by the system checker.

Buy it - enjoy!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Should be absolutely fine, as stated by the system checker.

Buy it - enjoy!

elboffor
Consultant
My friend has an almost identical setup.
Dont play with pixel density and itll be glorious 🙂

Welcome to the rift 
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

The sooner you get it the better (for longevity and getting your money's worth).  It's a great price now.

Keep coming on to the forum, get interested and in 6 months you'll probably be desperate for a GTX 1080 ti lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed you should be fine, go for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, you'll be fine with that. And if in the not too distant future you decide to upgrade your GPU to a 1080 or 1080Ti you'll be able to super sample with that setup without a problem and your mind will be blown!