cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRChat - It's really, really awesome!

flexy123
Superstar
(Note I am not related to these guys in any way!)

Today was the day when VRChat went public on Steam and there were actually tons of people on!
It was great! The entire thing makes a very polished impression, with nice avatars and even the option to make your own. Some dude had a BB-8 droid avatar. Awesome!
A few days ago some guys showed me the games there, and they were LOTS of fun. Like CTF-style and many more.
There is also tons of very-well designed areas.
Yet ANOTHER VR social app which I think has huge potential and makes Altsp[COUGH] looks like the pile of poopoo phone app which it really is. VRChat is really nice and I am glad they now get more exposure!
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I might get addicted to VRChat lol. I'm interested in creating my own avatars now...  I hope VRChat grows and becomes better. It can be a bit clunky, especially some of the animations, but there's a lot of great people in there who make it fun. 

I put together some video clips from a couple days of playing. Excuse my poor editing skills xD I just started learning how to make videos. Anyone know why the video when recording is zoomed in with Oculus on some games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NppClnPEYo8

We all (on this forum) should arrange a day to try meet up in VR Chat on a weekly, or even monthly basis. There's some fun mini games in there. 

If you've not checked it out, go and have a look. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Is it voice chat? Can't tell from your video how people actually chat.

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

Is it voice chat? Can't tell from your video how people actually chat.

Yes of course, it's voice chat. 

There's quite a few user made worlds in there and avatars, and some are really cool. There's also a few games you can play. You can also just hang out and watch a movie, or videos on youtube. I was playing guitar last night with someone who was in Australia, in that Paris apartment. 😛 

There is also a Sunday meetup every week I believe.

kevink808
Superstar
This is interesting stuff, but it kind of weirds me out talking to complete strangers.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm really? My best friend was a stranger at one point.

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
@whoa182 : yeah you make a valid point there :smiley:
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I'm sure it's a sausage party tho 🙂
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

kevink808
Superstar

whoa182 said:

Hmm really? My best friend was a stranger at one point.

True, but I doubt you met him as a Japanese anime girl in an internet chatroom.  I just have a preference to stick to real life where people have a more difficult time hiding behind a veil of anonymity.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

whoa182 said:

Thanks for sharing this vid. I think I will give this a shot soon. Although while I was watching this, start to finish, I couldn't help but wonder if this is what literal Hell is like. I couldn't tell if that was cute, or Satanic. Regardless, looks like a hoot!