cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Poor tracking. Wireless sync timed out". Sensor message? Please help!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I've just checked my setting in Oculus and I get the message on my 3rd sensor that tracking is poor and that Wireless sync timed out. I thought I'd fixed this by moving my sensor to a different usb port, because as soon as I did this it took me to the sensor setup again scanned my sensors and said they were all ok. I then when through the setup processes again and it work they reported no issues. Now I have rebooted it again show the same error. This is the 3rd sensor that comes with the long usb cable provided by oculus. What can I do to fix this problem? I have the Oculus tray tool and I have updated the Fresco drivers. I'm totally out of ideas as to what to try next?
12 REPLIES 12

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try getting this add-on card as it's confirmed to be working with Rift and sensors.
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@cybereality - That is the exact card I do have for the Rift?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Strange. Make sure there are not too many Rift devices plugged into the same USB controllers. For example, plug Rift into one of the back USB ports, 1 sensor on the add-on card, and 1 on the front USB port.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I have the sensors plugged into that card and the Rift headset plugged into my motherboard 3.0 usb port.

Edit: To be honest though that card is rubbish without the Oculus tray tool that fixes most of it's problems. You have to disable different things using the Oculus tray tool because the card is very problematic.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

Try getting this add-on card as it's confirmed to be working with Rift and sensors.
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

Cyber! I told you to pin it !!
All your wordly problems are solved with this device. You can even re-program the droid from Rogue One with it.. it is that good.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
Molokow. I just ordered that card since the specs seem good for it

it better work. I'm getting the same things about sensors getting back tracking during last session. Even though I have them spread out on the motherboard apparently it's not enough

or could it be due to me only have a 650watt PSU?  I'm also running i74790k and a gtx980

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Arock387 - I had problems with usb disconnects when I installed the card suggested here. I updated it's drivers and I still had sensor disconnects with it. I used the Oculus tray tool and it seemed to fix the problems with disconnects, but I had phantom usb connection sounds when I started my PC.

I had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 a few days ago and again had problem with this card. I was getting sensor disconnects and also the errors I have mentioned here. I have managed to fix the sensor disconnects again with the Oculus tray tool, but I have an annoying phantom usb sound each time I start windows. I say phantom because nothing is actually connecting with a usb, but there are three usb connection sounds each time windows starts. I have used a program called Usbdeview to monitor if anything is connecting or disconnecting and nothing is doing that. 

Anyways, since using the Oculus Tray tool my sensors seem to be running fine at the moment, I'd recommend you install that if you run into problems and look on YouTube on how to use it. 

elboffor
Consultant
I have 2 of those cards.
I still get the same message when my headset is idle.
Once im up n prancing around my room however theu dissapear and all is good.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

flexy123
Superstar
I thought this is an "old" issue having nothing to do with USB ports but rather that the sensors NEED TO be able to see the HMD, then the msg goes away. (I get the msg too when the headset is idle and stored away in the floor in a box. Take it out, put on head for calibration so that the sensors see it, problem solved. No Inateck whatever needed.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?