cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make gun pose with touch controllers anymore

mallydotcom
Honored Guest
I have this weird issue now with the controllers. Finger tracking was perfect on day 1 onwards. A few days ago though, the right touch controller was unable to make the gun pose (ie index finger and thumb out at the same time). The weird thing is though is that if my index finger is resting or pressing the button, i can move my thumb up and down no problems. If the thumb is resting on of the buttons, thumb rest, or joystick, then I am able to move my index finger up and down. Take both the thumb and finger away, and it just stays as a closed fist....

This issue is now starting to happen on the left touch controller.
It's as though the controller can only do one or the other but not point thumb and finger out.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone? I really don't want this to be a hardware issue on the controllers. I've also tried reinstalling repairing the oculus software with no fix. Does the weather affect the controllers? i live in a tropical climate and recently everyday has been thunderstormy.
14 REPLIES 14

minimoo
Explorer
I'm having exactly same issue with my left controller too!!! any help?

elboffor
Consultant
Have yoy tried fresh batteries?
May sound odd but gove it a go 😉
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If fresh batteries don't fix it, make sure the trigger surface is clean--too much build-up of dirt might possibly interfere with the capacitive sensor.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, definitely try with new batteries, but if that doesn't help reach out to support. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

minimoo
Explorer
Ok I will try new fresh battery tonight but my touches are brand new and it's been happening from day 1. 

Not sure how a new battery will fix it when the left controller works flawlessly except the index finger thing.

minimoo
Explorer

Yeah, definitely try with new batteries, but if that doesn't help reach out to support. Thanks.

How do we reach the support ?? the link is bunch of DIY FAQs, no direct link to contact support ?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

minimoo said:

How do we reach the support ?? the link is bunch of DIY FAQs, no direct link to contact support ?

Click Contact Us, then click the link to submit a support ticket.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this weird issue now with the controllers. Finger tracking was perfect on day 1 onwards. A few days ago though, the right touch controller was unable to make the gun pose (ie index finger and thumb out at the same time). The weird thing is though is that if my index finger is resting or pressing the button, i can move my thumb up and down no problems. If the thumb is resting on of the buttons, thumb rest, or joystick, then I am able to move my index finger up and down. Take both the thumb and finger away, and it just stays as a closed fist....

This issue is now starting to happen on the left touch controller.
It's as though the controller can only do one or the other but not point thumb and finger out.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone? I really don't want this to be a hardware issue on the controllers. I've also tried reinstalling repairing the oculus software with no fix. Does the weather affect the controllers? i live in a tropical climate and recently everyday has been thunderstormy.

I have the same problem. I tried to change to new set of batteries and it worked for like once and rolled back to the same problem again. At first I only had issues with my left controller, but now it seems like both controllers are having issues. Do you have any solutions yet? 

alexkidd1
Honored Guest
Having the same issue - the thumb's up stopped working on my first set. Ended up just buying a new set as I wanted another sensor, and this set is sporadic with thumb/index finger as well! Also, index pointing doesn't work at all when my thumb is in thumbs up position or resting on the thumb rest or analog stick.