cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

Bauermeister
Honored Guest

od9przgutrnj.png

This is my first! I'm so excited to spend more time with this and get better at it, all of you guys are so inspiring!

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Bauermeister A little tip, try using separate layers for things like eyes etc so you get nice smooth spheres otherwise Medium will try to merge it together. I did the same thing as you though on my first sculpt! 🙂 Keep 'em coming!

Also for eyes the black pupil should be subtracted from the eye not added, so its like a crater 🙂 
Ref: 

I hope that helps! 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
How the heck do you do this ? All I made so far is a Blob from the 50's movie  😕
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Garvos
Explorer
Still might fiddle with it a bit, but I'm happy with it overall. a5bmbrycc9sw.png

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
@Garvos impressive first effort mate..
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

InkKnot
Honored Guest
My first quick dabbles in medium. I have some minimal experience with Zbrush but this just clicked right away. Most fun I've had sculpting ever. This is definitely the VR Killer App for me : D

j0ye3gp1zc2x.pngbkejvv8g4k7k.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

InkKnot said:

This is definitely the VR Killer App for me : D

Said exactly the same thing the first time I tried it! Nice 1st sculpts, BTW

InkKnot
Honored Guest

P3nT4gR4m said:

InkKnot said:

This is definitely the VR Killer App for me : D

Said exactly the same thing the first time I tried it! Nice 1st sculpts, BTW

Thank you! Hah yeah, it's surprisingly powerful. I just hope they keep updating it regularly and add a move tool soon :smiley:  

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@Inkknot I've found over the time I've been using it that a move tool (whilst desirable) is not the highest item on my wishlist by a long way. If you stay away from fine detail/hires until you're happy with everything, it's actually pretty painless rebuilding say an eyebrow or a lip, totally from scratch to tweak an expression for instance. Like seconds instead of the tens of minutes it might take in zbrush or similar. 

What I'd cut my left nut off for, tho, is alpha brushes for inflate and paint tools. Serious offer, btw devs - you can frame it, hang it up in your office, whatever. As long as I can have it by next week you can have yourself a ball!

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
@InkKnot, that's some crazy good stuff there mate, well done!!.. looking forward to seeing more..
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃