cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-side headphone stopped functioning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus, I got my rift earlier this week from Bestbuy, and this morning when I put it on I noticed the audio on the right side was cutting in and out till it eventually stopped working all together. I imagine it has to do with the wiring inside as it seems to depend on how tight it is on my head.  Anyways; I don't have a clue about fixing things like this, so I was wondering if you could give any advice on what to do..   Thanks, I really love this product and it just isn't the same with only one side having audio. x_x
231 REPLIES 231

Volksheld
Protege

Volksheld schrieb:

Exactly the same Problem here .Right Speaker have no sound . :(((((

Update : after i wrote the first comment i contact immediately the support. They answered very quick and now a new Rift is on the way to me. 

celticfc
Honored Guest

Volksheld said:

Volksheld schrieb:

Update : after i wrote the first comment i contact immediately the support. They answered very quick and now a new Rift is on the way to me. 

Did you have to send yours back or are they sending a replacement and then sending your back?

DarkTenka
Trustee

celticfc said:

Volksheld said:

Volksheld schrieb:

Did you have to send yours back or are they sending a replacement and then sending your back?

No, you have to send yours back first  .. it just needs to reach their associated warehouse. For me that was hong kong, and it took 2 days to actually reach the destination, a day later I recieved confirmation that they were sending me a new one.

Wildt
Consultant

Panoramus said:

cbarish said:

I went to support; they recommended that I tighten the (plastic?) screw that holds the earpiece to the headband. I backed it off a quarter-turn, tightened it to taste, and it's worked well ever since.

WOOOT > I just did exactly what you said, backed it off a quarter-turn and hey presto....its working.
fingers crossed it stays this way. Thanks for posting your fix.
Didn't fancy going thru VR withdrawal.

Worked for me three
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

BBZ149
Protege

Well I must say; the
replacement unit came fully Boxed like brand new! If these are reconditioned
units Oculus did a bloody good Job!! I really hope the problem has been
resolved with a modification to the original design though!!

Ferasez
Honored Guest
I have the exact problem 😞 and i posted on youtube it on youtube 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2g7DvhF9Y

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you contacted support? We may be able to replace if you are under warranty.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

flexy123
Superstar
SAME thing here. Man I am so p*ssed. Looking into this thread this seems another common issue similar to the small rubber dampers with Touch. Right speaker, it's NOT the speaker itself, some issue related to the spring mechanism or ribbon cable inside the strap.

QUESTION: MY Rift had been purchased by Amazon in Europe which means it SHOULD have a 2 years warranty. Looking at Amazon in regards to returns after 30 days it is not clear to me whether the broken Rift to exchange through Amazon or through Oculus. It is the exact same problem as the OP describes, with the problem somewhere inside the strap, likely a broken ribbon cable. (Not the speaker itself and not the connection of the speaker to the band, I tested this already). Can you advice please? Will Amazon exchange this?

HiThere_
Superstar
Same problem here : One speaker started losing audio...

Thing is if I swap the right and left speaker around, the problem switches side too, so this suggests that in my case the problem is not tied to the strap or to the screw, but tied to the removable speaker itself.

Also I can get away with taping the speaker to get the sound back, but it's not the kind of VR product I want to showcase to my friends...

It just started to happpen so I'm still hoping I can screw it back in a way that will work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem, no solution, Oculus has changed my Headset.