New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Axis constraint

jmbihoreljmbihorel Posts: 6
NerveGear
The main problem I faced when drawing or sculpting in vr, was to be sure that all the vertical lines where all really parallel lines. Most of the time I draw thinking that my drawing is fine, when I make a render in another software, I realize that nothing is right. Would it be possible to have a option that constraint the line we draw to one of the 3 axis of the local space of the  current layer?
It would also be nice to have a planar constraint to draw shapes in a given XZ plan or one of the 3 others. 
This feature would allow to make solid construction lines before to start drawing details on something. 

Comments

• chornechorne Posts: 91 Oculus Staff
    On our roadmap!
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 514
    Neo
    Is Quill Supported anymore - i just noticed its in beta, i don't really understand the Quills position, could you enlighten me.

Is it something Oculus wants to have as an app for users. Is there no money to support it ?

I see these Quillistrations and i really don't see how i could ever get that detail.

Its amazing how much work is in these pictures. 

Is animVR a port of Quill source code ? why not merge the two or release a robust app. 

Im confused about Oculus and Quill.... 
  • schevrelschevrel Posts: 54 Oculus Staff
    Quill is being actively developed and will continue to be updated.

AnimVR is a completely different app made by different people with no ties to Quill.