cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obduction With Touch Support Is Not Ready For Prime Time!

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

OK.. So I was really excited to see Obduction had finally received it's long awaited motion controller update... well that was until I actually played it! Don't get me wrong, I still love this game in VR but IDK what Cyan was thinking with this update? First of all the performance for me seemed to get worse in certain spots even with my graphics settings dialed down and the biggest part of the update being the motion control support felt really unnatural and buggy. Picking up and manipulating objects in the game was OK, but interactions with levers and switches had my hands seemingly disconnecting from my body and contorting into very strange and unnatural positions. There was also a fair amount of judder on hand movements just about everywhere in the game. If Cyan could find a way to fix this horrible hand interaction mechanic and make the motion controls feel more natural then I feel Obduction could be an even more amazing experience than it already was. Until then I will be putting this one back on the shelf. █-(
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
7 REPLIES 7

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
well that's disappointing, I'll give it a shot and see if it feels the same to me. If so, I'll just stick to the gamepad.

inovator
Consultant
If that's the case u would wonder why did they release the update.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I played it and I agree with VR Gamer Dude's points. The hand implementation is clunky, hand movements are unnatural and only story items can be picked up and looked at and not even thrown. I've come to expect to toss my items man! 🙂

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer

I played it and I agree with VR Gamer Dude's points. The hand implementation is clunky, hand movements are unnatural and only story items can be picked up and looked at and not even thrown. I've come to expect to toss my items man! 🙂

Despite what I said, I played it for 2.5 hours yesterday and still love the look of the game world and the epic scale of the environment as you progress deeper into Hunrath.

basilmill
Explorer
Just wondering, I got this game the other day and played for an hour or so...  It only gives me one hand in the game. When I exit the game, both controllers are working. Load a different game, both controllers are working.  But back into the game, and only one hand.  Is that the way it is supposed to be?  Anyone know?

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
You could have watched 1 min. of the video above and have gotten your answer, which is no.
Be good, die great !

basilmill
Explorer

basilmill said:

Just wondering, I got this game the other day and played for an hour or so...  It only gives me one hand in the game. When I exit the game, both controllers are working. Load a different game, both controllers are working.  But back into the game, and only one hand.  Is that the way it is supposed to be?  Anyone know?

Well, an update:

"I got better!"

Somehow I now have two hands in the game.  Enjoying it so far.