cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you play the Oculus plus tpuch on the TV?

dragonslayer35
Explorer
I know there is a way to hook something to the PC, then the tv, to see the screen, but I can't find any information on it. Is it even possible? If so, How do you set it up?
11 REPLIES 11

dragonslayer35
Explorer
*Touch

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Are you trying to output to TV for others to see what you see in Oculus? If so you should be able to use one of your video connectors in the back of your card and run probably rather long hdmi wire to your TV. That's how I have it setup at least.

dragonslayer35
Explorer
What about the sensors?

dragonslayer35
Explorer
Oh, so you can't just play oculus on tv?

uKER
Adventurer
I don't really get what you're trying to achieve.
The only thing you can do that involves a TV is you using the Rift normally, and other people seeing the same thing you're seeing on the TV.

I get the idea that you're trying to make the PC think the TV is a Rift. If that's it, the answer is a resounding no.
There's no way in hell.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Do you have Oculus at all? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. VR games are designed specifically for use with VR headsets and controller. Difference between playing the game and being IN the game is night and day. 
Even if you could see some of the games without the headset it's not different than seeing them on YouTube really.

dragonslayer35
Explorer
gr0bda I don't have a oculus( yet) but I already found out that you can hook the PC to the tv, plug in the oculus, and play it on there.

uKER
Adventurer
Oh, so I was right.
You're trying to play VR games on a TV, without having a VR headset.
God, people don't cease to amaze.

Chairface
Protege
Your can NOT play from the TV at all, only view what the person wearing the headset sees. If by playing you mean viewing then yea.