cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try Games for a limited time or offer a refund

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have the Oculus Rift CV1 and the touch controllers.
I tried many free stuff on the oculus store, but did not yet buy any game.
The reason is simple: there is no way to try the game or to get a refund (like it is possible in Steam).

It would fantastic if I could try any game for free for 10 minutes.
After that the game closes automatically and I can try it again for 10 minutes (but I start from scratch).

It also would be fantastic if you offer a refund option like I have it on Steam (here I am allowed to give back a game if I have not played it longer than 2 hours in total and if the purchase is not older than 2 weeks).
Then I could give back a game if I really don't like it.
Just some statistics: I am using Steam since 2004 and have 88 games in my library, but I just gage one game in all those years.

There are so many games I want to try out but dare to buy them (without trying or having a discount option):
- Damaged Core
- The Unspoken
- Eve: Valkyrie
- Chronos
- Crystal Rift
- Ocean Rift
- ... (many others)

So please consider these features.

Regards

OLLI
27 REPLIES 27

falken76
Expert Consultant

elboffor said:

Airmech command is awesome and the touch update jas totally chnaged the game. Its more than just "enabled".

Anyways, as previously promised in another thread.
https://youtu.be/EnHyB9KzQvs

Some people just don't like good games.  Airmech is bad ass!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I think 10 mins of gameplay is enough to help you decide, I think 2 hours is a bit of a joke. Watching Youtube videos and looking at reviews will give you a good idea what the games about. The 10 mins of seeing what it looks like in the Rift should be enough to help you make your mind up. Why would you need 2 hours of gameplay? What would that achieve apart from letting you finish some games LOL.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying a game for 10 minutes would be perfect.
But it should be possible to try the same game unlimited times.

Example: Air mech Command.
Here the first try (the first 10 minutes) could be used to play the tutorial and to get familiar with the game commands.
The next 10 minutes can be used to get comfortable with the main menu (read about the specs of my units).
In the 3rd try I can start playing a mission and see if the game is something that I like.

elboffor
Consultant
Erm, thats experiencing the full game experience.
The level of entitlement is unbelievable these days.
If you want a game then buy it.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why the full game experience?
I just can play 10 minutes and each time I start playing, I begin from scratch (no progress is saved).
So when I finish the first level and the game ends, I start at the beginning when I play again.
Starting a game multiple time is useful because this way I can play the tutorial and get used to it.

TravisPNW
Adventurer

elboffor said:

Erm, thats experiencing the full game experience.
The level of entitlement is unbelievable these days.
If you want a game then buy it.

No kidding. 

I've never once wanted to return a game for a refund.  Why?  Because I research my purchases.  There is PLENTY of info available online... everything from reviews over at Metacritic and video reviews on Youtube.

I actually value what other people think and that factors a lot into my decisions.  I just bought BF1, Witcher3 and RE7 this week without so much a demo played for any of the games.

Why?  Because the reviews were amazing from hundreds of people and I know all 3 games are awesome.

LOL @ the entitlement today.  Do your research and make educated purchases.  It's not difficult.

I've done the same thing with my VR purchases and it's worked out well.  I've bought and paid for apps/games and don't regret any of them.
LG CX OLED 48 / i9 10900k / RTX 3090 FE / 64GB / 3x 2TB 970 Evo Plus / Oculus Quest 2 256GB

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right, there are many reviews, comments and videos about games.
But as others mentioned above: videos do not show if I can play a game without any problems of if I get the "motion sickness".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some examples:

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - VR Experience (on Steam) I get dizzy within seconds when I move around. Same for a good friend of mine, no chance to play without the "motion sickness".

In Trickster VR I can walk around without any problems (walking, not teleporting) but my mate also gets a bit dizzy.Here he prefers teleportation.

No review and video can handle this properly because this is very subjective.

Meantime I bought some move VR games in Steam (all of them are available on the Oculus store too) just because they offer a refund):
- AirMech Command
- Arizona Sunshine
- Raw Data
- Subnautica
- Trickster VR

If Oculus would offer a limited-time-trial or a refund, I would buy them on the Oculus store.