New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift 1.13 Release Notes

Comments

• whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    edited March 2017
    Tracking seems perfect now. There is not even a blink when turning 360. Just completely smooth. No hand off noticed at all  :)  Thank you Oculus! :D 
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • DeathMetalForLifeDeathMetalForLife Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    whoa182 said:
    Tracking seems perfect now. There is not even a blink when turning 360. Just completely smooth. No hand off noticed at all  :)  Thank you Oculus! :D 
    Just sucks that we cant use supersampling with this update, it looks horrible without it.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,004 Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2017
    whoa182 said:
    Just sucks that we cant use supersampling with this update, it looks horrible without it.
    Well, you could if the games exposed it in their settings like they should. We've known about pixel density since before the CV1 came out..

GibStorm said:
    Included in this release is the compositor mirror, an experimental tool for viewing exactly what appears in the headset (with Asynchronous TimeWarp and distortion applied). The compositor mirror is useful for development and troubleshooting without having to wear the headset. The compositor mirror is not recommended during normal usage as it can affect performance.
    I've now finally received the update. How do we activate the compositor mirror? I see no new options anywhere.
    I'd guess that the compositor mirror sounds like something that would come with the sdk, like the debug tool did. It's not recommended for general use (performance reasons) and sounds like something developers would find handy.
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    My oculus tray tool is working ok although doesn't close down after unless I do it manually
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    gpv_knud said:
    my tracking is also abit worse then with 1.12...... there is some small height jumps very offen now.

this is happening to me also - dropped ~5 inches in height.. the floor is above my ankles ATM.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    kzintzi said:
    gpv_knud said:
    my tracking is also abit worse then with 1.12...... there is some small height jumps very offen now.

this is happening to me also - dropped ~5 inches in height.. the floor is above my ankles ATM.

Me 2.  This started with 1.12 and continues with 1.13.  It's a small up down jitter every once and a while.  I sent my Oculus logs to Cyber to see if he can pin point the issue.  But I think it's a software bug that needs to be squashed in the next release of updates.
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • ButtonUKButtonUK Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    My oculus tray tool is working ok although doesn't close down after unless I do it manually
    Are you definitely on 1.13? If so have you opted in to the beta? Just wondering if they have a update to fix the SDK issue.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,071 Valuable Player
    Are you definitely on 1.13? If so have you opted in to the beta? Just wondering if they have a update to fix the SDK issue.

Ya I was about to ask the same.
    Cyber any news on the updated SDK?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Yeah deffo 1.13 and yes it's working  on steam (onward) but runtime won't shut down automatically  after
    Yes opted into beta had another update  this morning 
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 871
    3Jane
    edited March 2017
    danybonin said:
    MikeF said:
    I was on 1.13 for about 30 minutes last friday, then it reverted to 1.12
    really?
    Yep, this happened on at least two of our development machines at 11am EST on friday.
    Worked out for the best because 1.13 crippled our software rite before an important demo (another reason devs everyone should be able to chose their version during a rollout period)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you experience any sort of issues, please reach out to support so we can properly keep track.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    If you experience any sort of issues, please reach out to support so we can properly keep track.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    Is there a way to revert back to 1.12?
    kojack said:
    whoa182 said:
    Well, you could if the games exposed it in their settings like they should. We've known about pixel density since before the CV1 came out..
    Yeah, every game should have it in the graphics settings, as it is now we have to use the oculus debug tool which isnt working with the latest update, is their a way to revert back to 1.12 update?
  • l0b0l0b0 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I have 980ti, i7-6700k and most games running between 1.3-2.0 supersampling. Now, most games are blurred... I want 1.12 back or Oculus Debug Tool working with 1.13!
    NerveGear
    l0b0 said:
    I have 980ti, i7-6700k and most games running between 1.3-2.0 supersampling. Now, most games are blurred... I want 1.12 back or Oculus Debug Tool working with 1.13!
    Exactly! the oculus is unplayable without supersampling.
  • TurraniusTurranius Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Just bought Narcosis. Waiting for the 1.13 Oculus SDK before I play it.

Keep refreshing =)
    https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-sdk-for-windows/

I don't understand how mine works on steam not tried on oculus home yet but it loads up fine still
    I don't understand how mine works on steam not tried on oculus home yet but it loads up fine still

Steam VR? That would likely not use the Oculus SDK anyway right?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    I don't know but the ss on tray tool works on it as you can tell when ss not on with onward as looks awful
    Pretty sure it does use oculus sdk 
    Strange... maybe they are slowly rolling out the new SDK lol.
    Don

• dreimer1986dreimer1986 Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    Hm, 1.13.0.362051 here now, buuut no Beta channel, only the good ol' reboot selection...
    I did get the 1.13 update yesterday and woke up to another update this morning before I tested it so maybe I don't know
     @dreimer you need to restart oculus beta in settings
  • dreimer1986dreimer1986 Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    @licker1977 aaaaahaa, now we are where we wanted to be ^^ THX ^^
    Np had same problem
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Here is the OculusDebugTool that has been updated for 1.13. Sorry for the delay.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • l0b0l0b0 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Here is the OculusDebugTool that has been updated for 1.13. Sorry for the delay.
    Thank you very much! :smiley:
    Where exactly do the files go?
    Don

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    dburne said:
    Where exactly do the files go?
    where ever you like mate, it's the SDK, the debug tool is most likely the only thing you will use.

moist people don't use them but instead use the tray tool @ApollyonVR made that integrates the features of the debug tool
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.