cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The correct way to drink a beer while rifting

elboffor
Consultant
So, it occured to me while i was driving around in pCars that I couldn't enjoy my libation without taking my eyes off the road.
clearly this won't do so i went ahead and did this.
3if3lqtdellf.jpg

using a straw is a revelation.
I've joked previously about drinking beer through a straw but never actually done it till now.

But OMG it is essential, I'm half tempted to get a beer hat but i know ill end u wearing it while playing valkyrie and then it will all go tits up.

anyways...

is this something you guys have been doing all along and i'm just late to the party or is it something you think you may do in the future?
if it's neither then why? we look like idiots anyways with these boxes on our faces, we may as well give it another hit of the spice weisel.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
27 REPLIES 27

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

FrozenPea said:

Now all you need is one of these for when you want to play roomscale games  😄

never mind roomscale, I could do with one of these on game night in the pub!

Anonymous
Not applicable

RayRift said:

I've got your VR beer right here! https://youtu.be/_xbmbjO0JK4

That was me for a few years from 1995. Did a few gigs with a punk band called The Exiles From Pluto. I used to wear a French Maid's dress on stage due to agreeing to it whilst drunk in front of witnesses lol  😮

Most of the songs were shite but there were a couple here and there that were half decent.

My guitars have been gathering dust for a while but I'm going to dust them off to do some of the music for my game if I ever start working on it again.

elboffor
Consultant

danknugz said:

nalex66 said:

Ah, I miss smoking pot. I was a pretty heavy user through my 30s, but I stopped when I quit smoking 6 years ago.

They're supposed to be legalizing it here in Canada this year. I wouldn't mind being able to walk into a shop and pick up a little bit. 

if so, welcome back to the club. works wonders for immersion!

I hear some used to use it to counter the SDE on the dk2 like a hotfix
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer

andyring said:

Goodness me, these Americans and their "420" lifestyle!

All you need is tea, gents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZDBz0qVtM

I'd dunk something in her. 😉

But... back on topic... I tried using a straw to drink my tea while in VR once. The problem was I like to have a really piping hot cuppa that I have to sip carefully. Using a straw runs the risk of having too much scalding hot liquid gushing into your mouth at once.  😄  I was being very careful, so nothing too problematicoccurred. But having to take so much care made it... unsatisfactory. 🙂

eightbitjuan
Protege
Bottles work much better than cans, however they're not always an option. Straws are simple and functional in situations like this! Since my play area is a good size, I'm thankfully not close enough to my desk to knock drinks (and food) over 99% of the time.
CPU: i7 7700K, GPU: EVGA SC GTX 1070, Mobo: MSI Z270M Mortar, USB: Mobo + Inatec 4 Port Expansion Card, VR: CV1 + Touch + 2 Extra Sensors | Steam Origin Uplay Twitter: eightbitJuan

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Bahahaha
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

Warbloke
Superstar

@elboffor

Beer?  Project cars ?
You shouldn't be drinking and driving !

I can only hope that once you grow up a bit you will become more mature and civilised like me...
and drink wine...

wxagxh8pcy51.jpg

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

dreimer1986
Adventurer
As a bavarian I am no big fan of your straw idea tbh. Weißbier trough a straw is... *buuuuurp* I tend to only drink much when I have ppl visiting me. In that case the ppl not immersed are the b33r spawnerz for the one being immersed ^^