cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Poor Tracking Quality

djpeterson83
Explorer
The latest update has caused my sensor quality for both the headset and touch controls to be unreliable.  Some times my head and controllers will teleport or reorient themselves briefly.  There's also a constant, light jittering in the headset tracking that I don't recall being there.  My cameras are plugged into USB 2.0 but the software says they are connected and working fine.  If I plug the cameras into any of my six USB 3.0 ports (spread across two controllers) the Oculus service says it either can't find the cameras or the camera are plugged into unsupported USB ports.  Prior to this update, everything was working fine.  My cameras still needed to be in USB 2.0, but the jitter and teleporting was virtually non-existent.

Is this happening to others, and if so, has anyone found a workaround or any tricks to deal with this?
44 REPLIES 44

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact support so we have a record.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

wardman21
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue. Before the update everything was working flawlessly for a year now, but now the tracking is jumping, mostly on the vertical axis. It's like the sensor is spiking and trying to recenter every 20-30 seconds or so. I am only using one tracker.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Any sunlight in the room. Get rid of it. 

wardman21
Honored Guest
Nope. In a dark basement at night

CodySheffield
Honored Guest
Just chiming in, this is happening to me too on Windows 10 x64. I also have had to use USB 2.0 ports and everything was working just fine until the last update. Now when I'm in game (Elite: Dangerous), the headset occasionally "flashes" like what happens when you block the line of sight to the sensor, but it's doing it randomly with clear line of sight.

<Update> I submitted a ticket to support.

mike5560
Honored Guest
Same issue here. Have only played Assetto Corsa since I noticed the issue. No hardware or video display settings or video card drivers updated that would potentially cause it.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Just chiming in, this is happening to me too on Windows 10 x64. I also have had to use USB 2.0 ports and everything was working just fine until the last update. Now when I'm in game (Elite: Dangerous), the headset occasionally "flashes" like what happens when you block the line of sight to the sensor, but it's doing it randomly with clear line of sight.

<Update> I submitted a ticket to support.

I used to get that,  noticed it would coincide with my X55's random button presses which after some googling I found out was due to drawing too much power from the USB and the voltage dropping.  Replaced it with a powered USB hub, solved both problems.

wardman21
Honored Guest
Any info or update on this? The glitching also happens in the oculus home as well so it's not just isolated to iracing. I took a video of what's happening. I was holding my head as still as I could https://youtu.be/HV9CHuf0aaU

UnFknBLievable
Expert Protege
I have had that issue. Unfortunately I need to underclock my RAM to 2133mhz (factory supported frequency is 3000mhz) and has solved all issues with my rift tracking. Disable XMP if you have it enabled..