New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Finished Solus project ?

Oops01Oops01 Posts: 83
Hiro Protagonist
Hi all as the title says I've just finished the solus project and loved it can someone recommend my next title/game, now I'm not really into survival horror I hate zombie's, as long as it's on a par with solus It'll be fine :

Comments

• VanzenVanzen Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Vanishing realm maybe. Edge of nowhere.

But having played quite a few VR games I must say that  Solus project is the best I played, the only one that felt like a truly finished game.

"I expect you to die", too short but really fun

"Thumper" is insane.

• ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    Same, The Solus Project was brilliant, I found it so damn immersive and a long game too, unlike most VR games.

You could try Robinson: The Journey, it's fairly similar but I haven't played it.

I can tell you that Chronos is a brilliant lengthy game though, but nothing like Solus.

• Oops01Oops01 Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for the replies guys, it's going to be very hard to get a game as good as solus I loved it from start to finish  :) , I might try Chronos I know it's a little different but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I also like the look of Robinson: the Journey but I heard that it's fairly short. Both Vanishing realm and Edge of nowhere look good too though Edge of nowhere looks scary lol.
    3Jane
    edited March 2017
    Yeah if you don't like horror you won't like Edge of Nowhere, although it is a great game. I had Vanishing Realms but got a refund on that, I just thought the combat was horrible and clunky.

Robinson is apparently around 4 hours long and didn't get the best reviews so unless you've got £30 burning a hole in your pocket maybe it's one to wait for in a sale.

If you like third person combat (a bit like Dark Souls) and mysterious stories then you should love Chronos.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I think it's got to be Chronos.
    3Jane
    Good choice.   :)
  • ogflatlanderogflatlander Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    Albeit short, Call of Starseed Episode 1 was very well done and immersive.  To this day I have not seen a better inventory system for VR.  Good to hear about Solus.  as one of the first games I was going to get when I got my Rift but opted for Obduction and Call of Starseed. 
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,381 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017

Call of the StarSeed s about as long as the first beach section in Solus.

Arizona sunshine is a FPS but such a great feeling of immersion. Not sure when Lone Echo is due out?

• BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6

Last time I tried Solus Project, I felt like throwing up after about 10 minutes. So didn't really get to appreciate the brilliantness...

Is it any different now? Might try it again some time, since you guys praised it so highly.

• kgian76kgian76 Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2017
    Vanishing of ethan carter is on sale now and is great looking and immersive. Chronos is also on sale. Different from the solus project but really beautiful, immersive and addictive. I was playing 3 hours a day until I finished it. 
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,381 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017

Last time I tried Solus Project, I felt like throwing up after about 10 minutes. So didn't really get to appreciate the brilliantness...

Is it any different now? Might try it again some time, since you guys praised it so highly.

It is worth trying now if you have the Touch controllers. I have just starting playing it again. I would recommend turning on the comfort turning option. I love Solus but hate the caves. Some of the outside scenes are jaw dropping. 
    3Jane
    edited March 2017
    Yeah the cave parts are the weaker element of the game but overall a brilliant VR title, the outside environment is just stunning to be in.

Good call on Ethan Carter, I thought it was a much better experience in VR than on a monitor, although some people did complain of bad motion sickness. I was fine with it.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I must say I didn't have any motion sickness with solus (played both with the Xbox controller and then touch) and I would occasionally get sick with some other titles, I felt queasy playing war thunder flying a twin wing in combat  :s
    Hiro Protagonist
    Oh and I want to thank all the people who advised me to get Chronos, what a bloody good game, and some of the puzzles, oh are they difficult (thanks to youtube lol)  :*