cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Solved) "Oculus has stopped working" and no OculusSetup.log

se2
Honored Guest
Edit: See this comment for a possible solution.

I first replied to this thread as I thought it's the same issue. Apparently it's not, since I don't have an OculusSetup.log file or Oculus AppData directory.

I just made a fresh Windows (7 SP1 64 bit) installation with the newest NVIDIA drivers (364.72) in preparation.

Looking at some of the other logs posted here I noticed that I needed to install KB2670838 and KB3033929, but that didn't help either. I should pass all the other preflight checks.

All I can offer is what Event Viewer tells me:

Application: OculusSetup.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NotSupportedException
Stack:
at System.Net.ServicePointManager.set_SecurityProtocol(System.Net.SecurityProtocolType)
at Dawn.CertificatePinner.Initialise()
at Dawn.DawnController.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: OculusSetup.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e7526e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7bafa
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000b727
Faulting process id: 0x1654
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18a3802e2883a
Faulting application path: C:\Users\se\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
33 REPLIES 33

Popopinsel
Expert Protege

kthx said:

@Popopinsel: Yes, .NET 4.5.1 did the trick! Beats me why Oculus just doesn't say so. They should hire you for support.

Glad it worked for you, finally! 🙂

And yes, I'm working on that... 😉

Edit again: and please be sure to check Windows Update after the 4.5.1 installation, there might be some (security) updates available. Oh and it can't hurt to install (and update) 4.5.2 and 4.6 as well.

m4rauder
Explorer
.NET 4.5.1 did the trick for me as well. Thank you so much! Looking forward to playing with my rift this weekend 🙂 

Avernus25
Honored Guest
same here 😄 thx 🙂

TomDiM
Honored Guest
Installing the latest .NET 4.6.1 solved the problem for me (no need to install earlier 4.x versions). If you ask me, it's pretty pathetic for a software installer to simply fault and not even produce any log output simply because a necessary prerequisite is missing from the system. And this after I already had to use the /bypassHotfixCheck switch on the command line to workaround another problem with the installer. Shame on you Oculus for failing to get the basics right on this one!

denis
Explorer
installing .net 4.6.1 solved also my problem of error 104

machony
Honored Guest
can confirm that installing .net 4.6.1 solved the issue for me!

mikuze
Honored Guest
did not help me. still have a problem piping out when i try to install software "oculus setup requires the KB2670838 and KB3033929 Windows 7 hotfixes. Please install these updates and run Oculus Setup again."

ddropski
Explorer
me either says i have the frame work already installed

barrygriffith99
Honored Guest

Having the same problem Oculus Rift setup requires Windows update KB2670838 AND KB3033929!!!!!!!!

medewd
Honored Guest
I've tried installing oculus home setup on my desk top and laptop, and i can' install because of these stupid hot fixes KB2670838 AND KB3033929. I'm up to date on updates, I've tried to uninstall the hot fixes and re install, I could only find one of the hot fixes to uninstall. WTF??? Please help
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?