Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OHMutliTool - Beta release v0.2

elboffor
Consultant
1v2l23grts0k.png
Hi all,

This is an app I've put together to help the comunity, it's currently in Beta as I'm still building it but the first feature is complete.
This is a very early beta release so please bear that in mind, any and all feedback is welcome 🙂

Disclaimer: This is free software and altohugh every effort has been made to ensure no problems, shit happens! only you are responsible for any damage or los that occurs by using this software.

Latest news!
17/03/2017: new version launched testing installation of custom oculus home shortcuts, please give as much feedback as possible as a new version will be out very shortly which will have a lot more than just this!

Current version:

0.2 Beta - Download

Changelog:
v0.2
  • test of oculus home shortcut injection system (will make DISOVR WA, look like Raw Data inside OH and launch installed steam version)
  • oculus home and steam install locations now taken from registry (thanks @ApollyonVR for tips)
  • improved interface
  • ability to right click to stop/ start/ restart Oculus runtime service
  • new timer set for oculus home to prevent errors

0.1 Beta - Download
Changelog:
v0.1
  • first build
  • save and swap between 2 different play spaces
  • auto backup of configuration on first launch
Usage:
To use the playspace switcher
  1. extract folder from archive
  2. run OHMultiTool as administrator
  3. depending on your setup at this point, save as Standing or seating
  4. use the clear button in the tool to reset your oculus configuration
  5. set up your second designated play area
  6. save that in the tool
  7. use the switch button at will to toggle between play spaces
To use the Raw Data game copy injector
  1. download and install DICOVR WA
  2. press the RawData logo on the bottom right of the multitool
  3. If RawData is installed in your main steam app directory, then you'll get a pop up saying so, if something goes wrong however, please post it below.

More info and a lot more features to come

Toodles

elboffor

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
46 REPLIES 46

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Although it´s a bit offtopic, but how do I enable this? 
I googled for it, but I don´t have a "Voice Search (Beta)" button on my homescreen.

Wildt
Consultant
Implementing voice commands can be hard
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

elboffor
Consultant
Sounds to me like your on an old version of the oculus software, what number dors it say when you look at the bar in home?

BadDanME
Expert Protege

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Oh and by the way, again everything, including my guardian system is 90° off to the left. And I didn´t even use the Multitool since yesterday. I´m afraid something is very broken inside my OH-Software. But I don´t want to install it again. Did it at least 5 times in the few days I got my oculus. It´s so annoying. 

elboffor
Consultant
Download the oculus setup and choose repair mate

BadDanME
Expert Protege
I think, I found the problem. Do I have to wear my Oculus, when starting the software to let it find the right position? Becaus I often start the software, and put the rift on some time later. I thought, the sensors would define my playspace, but it seems, the position of my rift defines the center and the guardian system.

TickTock
Heroic Explorer

elboffor said:

Firtly thanks for thr feedback, im gpad your using the tool and you find it helpful 🙂

The height is a bit of a red herring mate. All it does is calculate where the floor is.
Remember the part of set up where you hold the controller to eye height? Thats hiw it knows where your eyes are, it then figures out from that and the height your typed in where the floor is, so i less you are physically changing yoir sensor setup or moving from one set up to another you wont need this.

As for the centre of the play space, i beloeve that data is stored in the same location as the other set up files. @TickTock or anyone else, have you experienced any of these issues?

I did have similar issues.  I went back to my bat files since those work great.  I found that all three areas (%AppData%\Oculus, %LocalAppData%\Oculus, & %AppData\..\locallow\Oculus) had to be restored to have the guardian and orientation come up properly after switching profiles.  What I *really* want now is a way to keep all the sensors plugged in and disable/enable them in the software.  I tried various tools (DevManView, USBDview, etc) which offer such command line features but while they would set the indicated sensor as disabled according to DevMan, the oculus app would still see it (it sees all sensors even after disabling some).  It appears the only way to truly turn one off is to unplug it physically (I would love it for someone to prove me wrong :-)).
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx

elboffor
Consultant
Ok then.

Next build will have the additional folder locatik s added.

Will have to have a look into the sensor part.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Have now got my 3rd Rift from support and have finally had a chance to try this using the 0.2 build.

I setup for a seated space saved, then cleared and setup for a standing space and saved that as standing.

Having just swapped back to seated it would seem that it hasn't quite worked. It still appears I have a standing profile, as my Touch controllers are still showing and my space and setup was all wrong for seated. I was in the wrong position and was too low down. Had to remove my Touch controllers and run through sensor setup again for seated.

Also every time I click the switch button, it just keeps saying swapping to seated profile, as if I don't have a standing profile.