cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update Oculus App

MSLOLA15
Honored Guest
HELP!!!! I tried to update Oculus and it won't update. I went to the Google Play Store to update and I don't see Oculus listed. How am I suppose to update the app? When I click on the app on my Galaxy S7 all it does is attempt to update and goes back to the screen and ask to update app.

I'm afraid to uninstall because I don't see the Oculus app in the Play Store to reinstall. Will someone please provide some options on how to update? I can't use the Gear VR because the app won't update. So frustrated....
49 REPLIES 49

Twogeminii
Explorer
Me too. My phone did a system update and oculus app won't open until I update. But the screen I'm getting doesn't have a link or button to proceed. Wth

kentuckycarter
Honored Guest
Mine is doing the same thing.  Anyone figure out how to fix it?

Twogeminii
Explorer
I did! Without opening the oculus app I just snapped the gear onto my phone. One I heard  voice of instruction, I took it off and followed the screen instructions and after the t, the same upgrade screen came upwith a button to update. It works! 

drfhouston
Honored Guest
What do you mean "after the t, the same upgrade screen came up"

Marulo1983
Honored Guest
Same problem, I don't have any "update" button

sdinak
Honored Guest
After the phone goes in the gear, it keeps telling me to remove it and upgrade the oculus app, but the screen that comes up, doesn't have an update bottom. 

Twogeminii
Explorer
Typo sorry leave "out after the t". I had the same screen come up but this time I had the update button. You may try force stopping the application and clear its  cache, restart your phone. Then snap on the gear and see what happens. I did it all in no particular order. 

sdinak
Honored Guest
The oculus app doesn't allow to get to the update option screen. It has been stuck on the screen with the guy wearing the gear and looking at his hand. I've tried uninstalling, clearing cache, enabling the app manager and installer for Facebook. Nothing seems to work. Anybody wanna buy a gently used Gear VR?

fishingwilly
Honored Guest
Same here. What a surprise. I have had nothing but problems trying to use oculus app. Now it says it needs to be updated, without giving a way to update on galaxy s7. Phone is updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times along with Samsung gear vr and facebook. Of course Oculus gives no help.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?