cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor tracking / tracking problem with 1.13 (single sensor setup)

xWildchildx
Explorer
Hi all,
everything was perfect before the 1.13 update, I basically play Assetto Corsa in my Playseat Challenge setup so I just move my head from a fixed position. After the 1.13 update there's something wrong with the sensor tracking, I try to explain...
My sensor is fixed and my playseat too, so the only change was the new 1.13 software.
After the update, while driving in Assetto Corsa but also in the Oculus Home, I notice that I have random wrong tracking with my head...as the sensore lose tracking for a second and then come back again.
It appears often and is really annoying while driving, as you can imagine. I have no error or notifications.

Any suggestion? Could the 1.13 new software change something on the single sensor tracking way to operate? The head movement are smooth and works also if I turn the head 180°, the problem seems to be related only on front facing oculus in the sensor direction. Everything else on my room setup it's still the same, I tried reboot, check connections several time, check "USB 3.0" in the Oculus>Settings>Device panel and everything is ok.

Thanks in advance,
Wildchild
Thermaltake Element G - Corsair TX850W - ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero - Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5GHz (1.230V) - Noctua NH-D15 - 16GB DDR4 3.466Mhz Corsair (2x8GB) CAS16  - Samsung 950 PRO  M.2 NVMe 256GB - GTX 980Ti Inno3D iChill Black Accelero Hybrid S - Windows 10 PRO 64bit - Panasonic CXM710 50" 4K LED - Oculus Rift CV1
37 REPLIES 37

DarkTenka
Trustee

rkodey said:

I think I found a temporary solution that works for me (so far):  process affinity.

I restricted "EliteDangerous64.exe" to cores 1-6, and "OVRServer_x64.exe" to cores 7-8.  After that, the tracking problems disappeared in my first test!  I'll try a couple more test runs today to make sure it remains stable.  But, thought I'd throw this idea up to see if it helps anyone else.

Note:  I'm running 1 sensor.

I'm going to give this a try, I'll let you know if it works for me in NRAN.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry for the delay, I am just seeing this thread. Can you please ticket into support if you are still experiencing issues? We will need logs to investigate further. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SilentChill
Explorer
I have the same problem with a 6DOF motion platform all was good until the 1.12 update. I have tried to create a thread but its not been approved yet.

I have only extensivly tried Dirt Rally and it only uses 1 sensor for tracking.

All these problems have nothing to do with our systems, it all worked before the updates its the Oculus runtime messing things up for us. 

SilentChill
Explorer

vicpopo
Honored Guest
Hi SilentChill ,

thanks to report this .I Already opened a thread about this subject here : 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/509798#Comment_509798

@cybereality : As you can notice I'm not the only one facing this tracking issue with a moving platform since the 1.13 release .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem here, have never even seen a poor tracking msg for close to a year but now with 1.13 its constant. Only play Assetto Corsa and the rift is now unusable, the jumpiness is making me sick. Changing USB port, re running the config and all the other suggestions so far around the net have had no impact. Please fix ASAP or allow reverting back to 1.12. No motion platform here either

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick update on the above for anyone who is having stuttering issues with Assetto Corsa, I plugged the sensor in to one of the incompatible USB3 ports on the board (Asus X79 Formula, AS Media USB3.0) and while Oculus home is complaining that the sensor is in an incompatible port Assetto Corsa work REALLY well

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you RKODEY you fixed it...

Jumps and Flashes are fixed by setting Affinity settings: -
Run ED then go to TASK MANAGER>DETAILS: Right-Click Affinity

ED64: cores 1-6
OculusVR: cores 7-8 (this file may be new in latest Public Test update)
OVRServer_64: cores 7-8

OCULUS must now code this so we do not require manual or autohotkey programs.
Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/121355-Getting-the-Best-DK2-CV1-Vive-VR-Experience-Guid...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for sharing. I will get someone to investigate this lead.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DarkTenka
Trustee
I've also had success with messing with affinity, but for me the cores are different.

I have to have cores 4 and 6 set enabled on OculusServer_64 or the tracking just dies. The moment I cut Core 4, regardless of what other cores are enabled .. It starts experiencing exteme judder. If I drop Core 6 it works but it has slower tracking update on the HMD (black border becomes visible as I rotate).

I settled for going cores 0-3 set to the game and 4-7 set to OculusServer_64 and OculusVR and this appears to have solved my problem when playing New Retro Arcade. No longer any bouncing of the HMD after about an hour testing so far.

Note: That Im referring to the cores as my Task Manger refers to them with Core 0 being the first (not Core 1), as above post appears to have the cores starting at core 1 (I'm assuming this is how Windows 10 sees it, I have Windows 7). So, as an 8 core CPU, I have Cores 0-7.