cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo Recall Crashing and now won't even load

rbodden89
Sightseer

So I was having problems with Robo Recall crashing whenever I tried to load missions 1.2 or 2.1. I tried contacting Epic games since it was giving me an Unreal Engine error, who ultimately told me to create a ticket with Oculus Support. After following some steps from Oculus Support the game won't load at all now. Does anyone have any ideas or insight? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the Oculus Launcher and Robo Recall. Deleting all Oculus folders. Updating my drivers. Nothing works. If anything the problem is getting worse. 
49 REPLIES 49

elboffor
Consultant
I find a clean install theraputic. The latest iso from ms is only a month or so old too so most updates are bundled with it.

That said, the built in reset feature is pretty bullet proof now, pretty fast too.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Micro666
Expert Protege
Same has happened to me in the last couple of days. I try and load Robo Recall, and in the headset I get told it's taking a long time to load etc. That's fine that happens sometimes. However, after 3 or 4 mins, I take off the headset as instructed, and the Robo Recall window is just black.

It stays like that forever till I kill it. The process is using around 2.5GB memory used, and around 17% CPU, but the game isn't running.

I was playing Robo Recall fine, many times in recent days. I'm on Oculus 1.13 beta, but have had no update to the Oculus software since Robo Recall was working.

The only two updates of note since last successfully playing Robo Recall are:

Robo Recall Update (added official 360 degree support) - Version Odin-CL-3381948
  nVidia Driver Update to 381.65

One of the above two updates has killed Robo Recall, as I've had no Oculus or Windows updates since last playing successfully.

I'm not going to reformat my PC, as I have a ton of stuff on it, and it takes many days to get back to where I want it.

CPU: Core i7 3770K, 32GB RAM, 12TB HDD 512GB SSD, nVidia GTX 1080

Either nVidia or Epic have bust something 😞

Micro666
Expert Protege
Update: I rolled back my nVidia 381.65 drivers to the previous version dated March 20th 2017, and still the same, Robo Recall loads to a black screen on the desktop, whilst the Rift headset, just shows that the game is taking a long time to load.

That rules out the nVidia driver being the issue, so the only thing it can be is the Robo Recall update itself. Oh by the way I re-installed the Oculus software too, and that made no difference whether on public Oculus software or beta.

I'm going to contact Epic to see if they can shed some light on this.

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
@rbodden89 Nope, don't even what to bother with doing a fresh install on my PC due to ROBO Recall should work bottom-line.  So, no that is not even in the cards as a(n) option.  Thanks big homie! 

@Micro666
Yep, same shit happen my way with the same time-line.  I have a ticket open with Oculus regarding the down time of the application.

@dougchism 381.65 Nvidia drivers released 4/5/2017 - I highly doubt the recent update to Nvidia drivers is the issue.  ALL applications work as they should except Robo Recall.       

jflanly
Honored Guest
Same problem here. I submitted a ticket and am debating about reloading my system. Everything worked fine on 4/5/2017 and on 4/7/2017 the game updated and never worked again

kizloc
Honored Guest
My Robo recall not working since update who and how do i send a request for technical help?

Darkraizer
Honored Guest
I wasn't able to launch Robo Recall recently either. After looking into it I'm starting to suspect the save data is the problem. I backed up then deleted the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\RoboRecall

and I could run again. The save slots were empty of course so it's not a great solution...

dougchism
Expert Protege
Ran fine for me just now, but its a brand new computer it had no saves. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have the same issue too,  reinstall Oculus, robo recall, go through full setup and the game is still not working

Micro666
Expert Protege
Yes same for me since the Robo Recall update. Another user on here deleted his game saves, and the game works again.

I reported the issue to Epic Games, but they said to contact Oculus support. I know it's an Oculus exclusive, but it's Epic Games who wrote it, and updated it!!

and it seems broke it!!